Cognizant Technology Solutions Interview Questions in Pune, India

Updated Mar 29, 2015
Updated Mar 29, 2015

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in January 2015.

Was a buddy referral for a investment banking project. HR called me and the interview was super smooth.HR was prompt and kept me informed at every stage.

Interview panel was really corporative and helped me if I was stuck. 3 technical rounds, with 1 client round. The project has all the recent technologies in Java domain, and definitely a company to look forward for.

Interview Questions
    • Can we have duplicate Spring beans in dispatcher servlet   View Answer

Senior Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in November 2014.

2 to 3 rounds of interview. Interview was straight forward with focus on tactical and strategical scenario based questions. Interview was more focused on various practical scenarios and how to over come them with various options.

No negitiations

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in September 2014.

very bad interview process. they call 100 of candidates and interview board contains 2 members. You have to wait for a day I reached there at 9:45 AM and till 4 PM I have to wait wait and wait.....

Software Trainee Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in September 2014.

Interview was simple.first he asked me about myself. Then tell me about ur project.
    Data structure search sort algorithms BASIC DBMS I told all the things.
    Be confidential guys they check only confidence
    After this there was hr interview round.
    Try to go through website. Why u want our company.
    U r interested in which profile and why. If we give another one then what will be ur approach.

Programmer Analyst Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Initially there was an aptitude test, after which around half of them were shortlisted. Further, the company officials split the shortlisted candidates into groups of 4, each consisting around 10 candidates and one by one the candidates were interviewed. My interview was not quite detailed, as in the interviewer started with questions related to my education and the projects I had worked on during my Bachelors', after which he asked the standard question as to why do I want to work for this company. The decision was conveyed to me within 2 weeks of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was related to the knowledge I had regarding the company   Answer Question

Senior Associate - Projects Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

It took 4 very long and Hard core Technical rounds to get me to the Job
    1) Normal Basic Technocal Knowledge based on your previous projects - taken by Sr. Associate
    2) Frameworks in detail - taken by Manager
    3) Highlevel Technical rounds based on Architecture of the Project, based on given scenario i have to design the project architecture - taken by Sr. Manager
    4) Director Round - Basic but effective managerial
    5) HR round - salary negotiation

Interview Questions
    • If you are Java resource keep your self upto date with current frameworks
      you must be prepared for Strong Core JAVA related questions, followed by Framworks like Spring, Hibernate, EJB, Struts, Webservice, JMS

Answer Question
    Based on what i wrote on HR form before HR round you can negotiate

if you have experience below 9 years, you can ask for 20-30% hike based on your current salary

Simple equation would be (no. of years exp) * (1.8)

if you already have that much salary on your experience you can max try for ( no. of exp) * (2.1)

Senior Process Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Basic to medium level understanding of financial or capital markets with analytical skill. Excel and good English is added advantage. (These requirements are for KPO jobs only. IT Development might differ)

Associate - Projects Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in July 2014.

the very first was offshore team technical interview ,after 15 days of time 2 rounds taken by onsite team from US and after another 15 days last manager round followed by HR , the technical round was not so tough .

Interview Questions
    • the real time scenarios given and asked the best optimal way of solutiuon   Answer Question
    Yes , the company considers your experience and offers you best in industry

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in June 2014.

Technical questions included framework design, writing a few programs, some brain teaser type puzzles. Good questions. The interviewer asked intelligent cross questions. Management interview questions were about metrics, quality control, etc. They gave me situations and questioned on how i would handle them.

Interview Questions
    • Writing programs on paper - i was unsure of syntax errors I may have committed.   Answer Question

Senior Associate - Projects Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

It was Campus recruitment. There was quick introduction about company followed by a Test ( logical reasoning and analytic). Panels composed of highly skilled interviewers and were well organized. They focused on individual personality and interpersonal skill more than technical abilities. As cognizant has initial training period where they make employees go through extensive training.

Interview Questions
    • Most challenging project/work that was done, and how it was solved. Whether the challenge was technical or business challenge.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation because it was campus recruitment.