Cognizant Technology Solutions
3.5 of 5 4,413 reviews
www.cognizant.com Teaneck, NJ 5000+ Employees

Cognizant Technology Solutions Interview Questions & Reviews in San Francisco, CA

Updated Mar 1, 2014

Getting the Interview

6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in July 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring manager took 30 min phone interview. They called me in the office for in person interview. they took technical and HR interviews. I got an offer in 2 weeks

Interview Question – The techincal interview was a bit tough. the interviewers was very knowledgeble.   Answer Question

Senior Associate Automation Testng Interview

San Ramon, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in July 2012.

Interview Details – They conduct interview over the phone

you should know tools like QTP and some automation tools

Interview Question – nothing much .. standard questions. They dont really expect smart people .. just people who can coordinate with client   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – i just wanted to get out from my earlier company.

they pay decent to laterals or hires in US

they have salary bars beyond which they will not pay you ... for testing max is 76,000 for senior associate .... if you are already making more you will be automatically hired as a manager

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager
South San Francisco, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in June 2012.

Interview Details – 4 rounds of Interview by Associate Directors and Directors
2 Rounds by VP and Client Partners

Interview Question – Nothing really. All questions seemed as usual and as expected for my role.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Salary range offered considering living cost was low. They were trying to bargain just based on my current salary rather than talent. Declined offers 2 times and they still kept me open for more than 2 months for my salary expectation.

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in June 2012.

Interview Details – This was the weirdest company I have ever interviewed with. I was contacted by a 3rd party recruiter and didn't hear back from the company recruiter until 3 weeks later. Then the process was really quick to interview. I had 3 over the phone interviews with several members of their eCommerce and Multi-channel practice. After the interviews it got weird because the 3rd party recruiter was engaging me for follow-ups instead of the company recruiter. He wanted to understand my salary expectations and other offers. When I provided the information the company recruiter called me back the following week with an informal offer and requested I provide my W2 and paystubs before they could extend a formal offer. I thought this was very strange since W2 have sensitive information like your SSN and to give that to a company you might or might not be working for is just not smart. So I pushed back and the recruiter said she would follow up with HR to see if they could work something out and she would get back to me the next day. I did not hear from her for an entire week after I left to voicemail messages for her to call me back. I had given up at that point that they would be giving me any offer but then a week later she pops back up on the radar and wants to talk about the offer. When I finally call her she said they wanted to adjust the offer since I am relocating to SF and would have something for me in 2 days if I could give my paystub to prove my current salary. Since I did not lie about my current salary I thought it was okay to give that information. After I provided my information I got an email the next day saying that they cannot hire anyone anymore until August. How the facts changed within 2 days I am not sure but I would not recommend anyone to waste their time interviewing for a company like this. And if you think the opportunity is so great make them give you an offer before you give your W2 or paystub because it seems that they use the "hiring hold" on many people after you have provided your personal data. I had another friend have that same situation 2 weeks before they started to interview me. Save your time and look at other firms.

Interview Question – What SDLC methodologies are you familiar with   View Answer

Reason for Declining – They were unprofessional during the interview process with bad talking other firms I was interviewing with, they had poor communication on next steps in the process and they did not have the decency to return calls when you left a voicemail.

Engineering Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in July 2008.

Interview Details – 1) Interview process is easy but decision takes a lot of time.
2) Interview result sometime depends on whether the client project is signed off or not.
3) Interview and joining process might take some time.
4) If you are an immigrant, please be patient with joining dates and ask them to wait for the H1-B transfer to be filed before u accept joining date.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Negotiation phase is very important before joining this company. Whatever initial salary you can ask for, you need to go for that. Once you join the company, even role changes or whatever happens you will not be happy with the increments or compensation benifits you get.

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in May 2010.

Interview Details – Went through an employee referral. Was interviewed by two managers and a VP. A week later HR called to ask some additional questions regarding willingness to relocate, and expected salary and duration of notice period with my current employer . After that there has been no response from them. Exvrytime I spoke to them, they assured me that they would get back to me withing 24 hours. In the last 2 months, they havent!

During the interview all of the people were friendly and things went on well. But the lack of response- one way or the other is frustrating and reflects poorly on the firm

Interview Question – All questions were based on what I had on my CV   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Cognizant Technology Solutions? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cognizant Technology Solutions interview questions and advice in San Francisco, CA. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Cognizant Technology Solutions employees and interview candidates.