Cognizant Technology Solutions Senior Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2015

2.7

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Interview

Telephonic and inperson. CTS guys interviewed first and then the Client manager called. it was pretty easy and seam less... they first approached me in during christmas, so it kinda tok me long to get placed.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cognizant Technology Solutions

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Interview

03 round of interviews followed by salary and location negotiations.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I tried to negotiate location but could not

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Interview

Was interviewed during Campus Placements and hired. 2 rounds of interview were conducted. One was HR round but it had some technical questions. Other one was functional interview

Interview Questions

• You have found an opportunity and you dont have access to client Management team. How will you approach them with the proposal?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not applicable - salary was fixed for campus hires irrespective of experience

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Call, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Call, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

Initially got a call from recruiter and he asked basic things about prior experience, visa status and current compensation.
    Then couple of interviews and finally a senior hr discussion for salary.

Interview Questions

• They will ask every thing based on your past experience and some standard industry process.
      For BA they will ask suze and nature of projects and level of involvement.
      Matrix if you prepared any.
      About Visio, Agile, variors requirement documents.

How often you interact with business and what is the nature of discussion as BA.

Answer Question

Negotiation

Based on your current salary

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Interview

Had to apply through a referal, and had a couple of phone interviews with different managers. Did not need to have a client interview as they were confident with my experience.

Interview Questions

• What is the one are you think you can improve in?   1 Answer

Negotiation

This is the only chance you will get to negotiate. Be persistent and get the salary you deserve. They do not have any attractive bonuses so lock it down before you start.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Interview

Phone interview followed by in-person discussioj

Interview Questions

• It was normal discussion..just background questions etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Columbus, OH) in May 2011.

Interview

overall process is good however you still need to do follow-up. in my case i had 2 other offers so i haven't followed up but later i got the communications that i was selected

Interview Questions

Negotiation

its difficult to negotiate. they have a fixed range of salaries as per the grade. so i couldn't negotiate more than 2k. more over my earlier salary was so less and it had impacted the negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Richmond, VA) in November 2010.

Interview

Telephonic three rounds-2 technical and one HR
    CTS recruiters found my resume on Dice and approached me. it stated with HR interview and basic questions on communication skills. then one round of tech interview by just one person and then second round by panel.

Interview Questions

• Mostly asked about how I handled difficult situation, difficult people in team and in client side   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Hiring process not very complex and pretty simple. Had 4 levels of interview and were spaced at good intervals and good communication and response back. The HR team was not very honest in disclosing the current practice of Grades Vs Pay etc. So I was given a low grade for my experience. HR Team has a target to bring down the level of candidates which is not good hence candidate needs to be very clear in their negotiations.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or unexpected questions. All were reasonable questions.   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Zürich (Switzerland)) in June 2014.

Interview

I was looking for work, saw Cognizant BA jobs on EFC, so I registered on their website. Got a call 2 days later from HR that I wasn't successful for the role that I had applied for but they liked my profile for another role - I am based in London and role is in Zurich, found HR very patient with all my questions re relocation. Had a call with a senior manager, I found the interview fairly easy and straightforward. If you know what you are talking about then you won't find it hard, there are no trick questions. I am expecting a second interview with someone on the Client Business Side.