Cognizant Technology Solutions

Updated Nov 24, 2014

2.7

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

03 round of interviews followed by salary and location negotiations.

Interview Questions
I tried to negotiate location but could not

Other Interview Reviews for Cognizant Technology Solutions

Senior Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Was interviewed during Campus Placements and hired. 2 rounds of interview were conducted. One was HR round but it had some technical questions. Other one was functional interview

Interview Questions
    • You have found an opportunity and you dont have access to client Management team. How will you approach them with the proposal?   View Answer
    Not applicable - salary was fixed for campus hires irrespective of experience

Senior Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Had to apply through a referal, and had a couple of phone interviews with different managers. Did not need to have a client interview as they were confident with my experience.

Interview Questions
    • What is the one are you think you can improve in?   View Answer
    This is the only chance you will get to negotiate. Be persistent and get the salary you deserve. They do not have any attractive bonuses so lock it down before you start.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Phone interview followed by in-person discussioj

Interview Questions
    • It was normal discussion..just background questions etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in May 2011.

overall process is good however you still need to do follow-up. in my case i had 2 other offers so i haven't followed up but later i got the communications that i was selected

Interview Questions
    its difficult to negotiate. they have a fixed range of salaries as per the grade. so i couldn't negotiate more than 2k. more over my earlier salary was so less and it had impacted the negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied online – interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in November 2010.

Telephonic three rounds-2 technical and one HR
    CTS recruiters found my resume on Dice and approached me. it stated with HR interview and basic questions on communication skills. then one round of tech interview by just one person and then second round by panel.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly asked about how I handled difficult situation, difficult people in team and in client side   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Hiring process not very complex and pretty simple. Had 4 levels of interview and were spaced at good intervals and good communication and response back. The HR team was not very honest in disclosing the current practice of Grades Vs Pay etc. So I was given a low grade for my experience. HR Team has a target to bring down the level of candidates which is not good hence candidate needs to be very clear in their negotiations.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected questions. All were reasonable questions.   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich (Switzerland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich (Switzerland)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in June 2014.

I was looking for work, saw Cognizant BA jobs on EFC, so I registered on their website. Got a call 2 days later from HR that I wasn't successful for the role that I had applied for but they liked my profile for another role - I am based in London and role is in Zurich, found HR very patient with all my questions re relocation. Had a call with a senior manager, I found the interview fairly easy and straightforward. If you know what you are talking about then you won't find it hard, there are no trick questions. I am expecting a second interview with someone on the Client Business Side.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in March 2014.

I got a call from recruiter where he asked me all current roles and responsibilities and then explained me about the Job description. First Round was telephonic and I was asked all questions related to my previous roles and responsibilities and then several questions related to the domain part.
    Second round was managerial and it was good , he asked a lot of questions and tried to understand why i wish to switch.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to switch from your current organization? and he had a counter question for every point I mentioned as a reason.   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Position was based out of India.

Process: Initial screening by HR coordinator followed by two interview with hiring managers. In my case all processes happened telephonic. Most of the questions were about past experience.

Duration: Overall screening and interviews were wrapped up within 3-4 weeks. The joining date was negotiated. But overall 3 months from screening to joining lead time.

Salary: Salary offered was competitive and no negotiations were done.

Interview Questions
    Not much negotiation happened. The offer was competitive and I accepted it.