Cognizant Technology Solutions Senior Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2014

2.8

27 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in January 2011.

Included three steps - Telephonic, In person and HR on the phone. I couldn't really understand the interviewer's questions on the phone as the guy had a very thick Indian accent.

Interview Questions
  • They don't expect a genius any monkey with decent coding knowledge would do   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Cognizant Technology Solutions

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Neat and simple as long as you are technically prepared and competent.
    No special efforts required.
    Knowing the team is beneficial.
    Clarify any questions before joining.
    Decent work place but not to expect more.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in November 2012.

The hiring process started with on-campus recruiting and an initial on-campus round of interviews. The first interview was 45 minutes, behavioral. The interviewer was very friendly and engaging and we ended up talking a lot about non-consulting related things. Next was a 45 minute case interview on a project that Cognizant recently deployed. The interviewer for this was okay and the overall experience was pleasant. About two weeks later, I got an invitation to interview in Chicago. Cognizant flew me out to Chicago, paid for the flight and board, and I had two more interviews similar to first round. The logistics of setting up the second round interviews were a little bit odd, the company sent all of the interviewees the actual invoice for all of the flight and accommodations which were difficult to understand. In addition, for my actual interviews, the second interview was a second behavioral instead of a case interview. The interviewers did not seem prepared and the second one did not have very many new questions to ask me.

Interview Questions
    • Imagine you are at a company that wants to use social media to improve its business processes, explain how you could use social media to do this.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Teaneck, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in August 2009.

Several rounds interview needed. Technology and communication.Several rounds interview needed. Technology and communication.Several rounds interview needed. Technology and communication.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Teaneck, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in November 2013.

Friendly recruiters and interviewers. The on campus recruiting process was extremely pleasant, so much so, that it did not even feel like an interview. Final interviews were held onsite at their NJ office.

Interview Questions
    • The case interview was in a group that I did not have a background in nor was interested in applying to   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Final round in Chicago. Had a behavioral and case round. Behavioral was standard and the case was more of thought process than a numbers case

Interview Questions
    • The questions were standard. They were looking for "out of the box" thinking in the case interview   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

3 interviews with various level managers

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in January 2012.

First telephonic with HR. Regular HR questions and salary discussion.
    Second one is with hiring manager,based on the resume.
    Third one is with project team technical based on past experience and new job.
    Overall very fast process and easy to pass questions.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing as such is difficult if your are a genuine candidate.Know your resume well   View Answer
    Yes you can negotiate based on your current salary. Expect like a 15 to 20 % hike.
    Leave etc are set at corporate level so not much bargain there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in August 2011.

The interview was pretty technical. 2 rounds of interview. First one with the Cognizant Team only, second with the Client team too

Interview Questions
    I negoitiated for the position. They did not accept what I asked for which was the higher role but offered me the asked Salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Teaneck, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Was hired through the on-campus MBA recruitment process, which includes three primary hurdles. First, resumes are selected from the applicant pool for interviews. Second, Round 1 on-campus interviews are conducted, usually consisting of one behavioral and one case interview, 45min to 1hr each. Finally, Round 2 interviews are conducted, usually at headquarters in Teaneck, with leadership/department heads for your best-fit practice area, again. Usually, this consists of two 1 hour interviews that combine elements of behavioral and case for each.

Interview Questions
    • There were a few. One interviewer conducted an incredibly interactive case interview, far more like a discussion that a case, with no graph/slide component at all. Another interviewer wanted detailed history of my previous employers, such as annual revenue, market cap, EPS, and growth numbers.   Answer Question
    Since this was through the MBA recruitment process, salary was not negotiable, and only job location could be changed. Come to find out that it doesn't matter where you work since there are no regularly used offices for the consultants anyway.

Worked for Cognizant Technology Solutions? Contribute to the Community!