Cognizant Technology Solutions

Average Difficulty
25 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Interview Details – Neat and simple as long as you are technically prepared and competent.
No special efforts required.
Knowing the team is beneficial.
Clarify any questions before joining.
Decent work place but not to expect more.

Interview Question – nothing.   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in November 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring process started with on-campus recruiting and an initial on-campus round of interviews. The first interview was 45 minutes, behavioral. The interviewer was very friendly and engaging and we ended up talking a lot about non-consulting related things. Next was a 45 minute case interview on a project that Cognizant recently deployed. The interviewer for this was okay and the overall experience was pleasant. About two weeks later, I got an invitation to interview in Chicago. Cognizant flew me out to Chicago, paid for the flight and board, and I had two more interviews similar to first round. The logistics of setting up the second round interviews were a little bit odd, the company sent all of the interviewees the actual invoice for all of the flight and accommodations which were difficult to understand. In addition, for my actual interviews, the second interview was a second behavioral instead of a case interview. The interviewers did not seem prepared and the second one did not have very many new questions to ask me.

Interview Question – Imagine you are at a company that wants to use social media to improve its business processes, explain how you could use social media to do this.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Teaneck, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in August 2009.

Interview Details – Several rounds interview needed. Technology and communication.Several rounds interview needed. Technology and communication.Several rounds interview needed. Technology and communication.

Interview Question – Technical question   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Teaneck, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in November 2013.

Interview Details – Friendly recruiters and interviewers. The on campus recruiting process was extremely pleasant, so much so, that it did not even feel like an interview. Final interviews were held onsite at their NJ office.

Interview Question – The case interview was in a group that I did not have a background in nor was interested in applying to   Answer Question

Senior Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Interview Details – Final round in Chicago. Had a behavioral and case round. Behavioral was standard and the case was more of thought process than a numbers case

Interview Question – The questions were standard. They were looking for "out of the box" thinking in the case interview   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Interview Details – 3 interviews with various level managers

Interview Question – None. Very basic hr qns only   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in January 2012.

Interview Details – First telephonic with HR. Regular HR questions and salary discussion.
Second one is with hiring manager,based on the resume.
Third one is with project team technical based on past experience and new job.
Overall very fast process and easy to pass questions.

Interview Question – Nothing as such is difficult if your are a genuine candidate.Know your resume well   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Yes you can negotiate based on your current salary. Expect like a 15 to 20 % hike.
Leave etc are set at corporate level so not much bargain there.

New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in August 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was pretty technical. 2 rounds of interview. First one with the Cognizant Team only, second with the Client team too

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negoitiated for the position. They did not accept what I asked for which was the higher role but offered me the asked Salary.

Teaneck, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Interview Details – Was hired through the on-campus MBA recruitment process, which includes three primary hurdles. First, resumes are selected from the applicant pool for interviews. Second, Round 1 on-campus interviews are conducted, usually consisting of one behavioral and one case interview, 45min to 1hr each. Finally, Round 2 interviews are conducted, usually at headquarters in Teaneck, with leadership/department heads for your best-fit practice area, again. Usually, this consists of two 1 hour interviews that combine elements of behavioral and case for each.

Interview Question – There were a few. One interviewer conducted an incredibly interactive case interview, far more like a discussion that a case, with no graph/slide component at all. Another interviewer wanted detailed history of my previous employers, such as annual revenue, market cap, EPS, and growth numbers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Since this was through the MBA recruitment process, salary was not negotiable, and only job location could be changed. Come to find out that it doesn't matter where you work since there are no regularly used offices for the consultants anyway.

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in September 2012.

Interview Details – HR interview, competency and skills test, case study with senior managers/directors

Interview Question – How would you contribute to the company to improve its position here onwards   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Had other offer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cognizant Technology Solutions

Worked for Cognizant Technology Solutions? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cognizant Technology Solutions Senior Consultant interview questions and advice. All 25 interview reviews posted anonymously by Cognizant Technology Solutions employees and interview candidates.