Cognizant Technology Solutions

Updated Aug 18, 2014

2.8

27 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Neat and simple as long as you are technically prepared and competent.
No special efforts required.
Knowing the team is beneficial.
Clarify any questions before joining.
Decent work place but not to expect more.

Other Interview Reviews for Cognizant Technology Solutions

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Final round in Chicago. Had a behavioral and case round. Behavioral was standard and the case was more of thought process than a numbers case

Interview Questions
    • The questions were standard. They were looking for "out of the box" thinking in the case interview   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Teaneck, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in November 2013.

Friendly recruiters and interviewers. The on campus recruiting process was extremely pleasant, so much so, that it did not even feel like an interview. Final interviews were held onsite at their NJ office.

Interview Questions
    • The case interview was in a group that I did not have a background in nor was interested in applying to   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

3 interviews with various level managers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Teaneck, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Was hired through the on-campus MBA recruitment process, which includes three primary hurdles. First, resumes are selected from the applicant pool for interviews. Second, Round 1 on-campus interviews are conducted, usually consisting of one behavioral and one case interview, 45min to 1hr each. Finally, Round 2 interviews are conducted, usually at headquarters in Teaneck, with leadership/department heads for your best-fit practice area, again. Usually, this consists of two 1 hour interviews that combine elements of behavioral and case for each.

Interview Questions
    • There were a few. One interviewer conducted an incredibly interactive case interview, far more like a discussion that a case, with no graph/slide component at all. Another interviewer wanted detailed history of my previous employers, such as annual revenue, market cap, EPS, and growth numbers.   Answer Question
    Since this was through the MBA recruitment process, salary was not negotiable, and only job location could be changed. Come to find out that it doesn't matter where you work since there are no regularly used offices for the consultants anyway.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

I had an on campus interview (northeast MBA program) first that consisted of one behavioral interview and one case interview. Standard behavioral interview questions were asked e.g. tell me about a time when you faced difficulty working in a team? The case interview was not a written case but one that was tailored towards my background. The case was not number heavy at all.

Second round they flew me out to Chicago and was an entire day of interviews. I had two behavioral and one case. Behavioral interviews were standard and very conversational. During the case interview I got to choose one from a five different cases. I chose a pharmaceutical drug market entry case.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in November 2012.

The hiring process started with on-campus recruiting and an initial on-campus round of interviews. The first interview was 45 minutes, behavioral. The interviewer was very friendly and engaging and we ended up talking a lot about non-consulting related things. Next was a 45 minute case interview on a project that Cognizant recently deployed. The interviewer for this was okay and the overall experience was pleasant. About two weeks later, I got an invitation to interview in Chicago. Cognizant flew me out to Chicago, paid for the flight and board, and I had two more interviews similar to first round. The logistics of setting up the second round interviews were a little bit odd, the company sent all of the interviewees the actual invoice for all of the flight and accommodations which were difficult to understand. In addition, for my actual interviews, the second interview was a second behavioral instead of a case interview. The interviewers did not seem prepared and the second one did not have very many new questions to ask me.

Interview Questions
    • Imagine you are at a company that wants to use social media to improve its business processes, explain how you could use social media to do this.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in September 2012.

HR interview, competency and skills test, case study with senior managers/directors

Interview Questions
    • How would you contribute to the company to improve its position here onwards   Answer Question

Had other offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Teaneck, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in April 2012.

informal and ad hoc; went from one recruiter to another then to management, but no real sense of direction or urgency. Start off with an aggressive sell by recruiters then unclear if there was still a job, and then the was a job but it had changed and was now better than the previous job, but all seemed very unstable.

Interview Questions
    • Asked a lot of questions about my current employer's processes which were uneasy as these did not seem appropriate to the job or interview process.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in January 2012.

First telephonic with HR. Regular HR questions and salary discussion.
    Second one is with hiring manager,based on the resume.
    Third one is with project team technical based on past experience and new job.
    Overall very fast process and easy to pass questions.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing as such is difficult if your are a genuine candidate.Know your resume well   View Answer
    Yes you can negotiate based on your current salary. Expect like a 15 to 20 % hike.
    Leave etc are set at corporate level so not much bargain there.