Cognizant Technology Solutions Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 12, 2015
Updated Mar 12, 2015

2.7

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

1) Technical Round:- basic c#, oops, asp.net questions, sql server(pl/sql) questions
2) manager Round:- Technical + project related

Other Interview Reviews for Cognizant Technology Solutions

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

campus interview

Interview Questions
    • if i type character 'A' in text file and save it, what will be size of the file   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Basic rounds like aptitude, communication and logical reasoning. Second round was technical interview.They tested me on fundamentals and asked me to solve 5-7 c problems based on pointers. I was asked about joins, triggers, and sql queries based concept.. And they asked me about my projects. If you are comfortable with java, the questions will be based on java.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

The process with CTS is as usual. First of all, written test and then the Tech+HR round of interview. Strictly speaking friends, for the written test, we need not require preparation at all. If we just go through the type of questions that we may face in the test, by following the previous papers, its more than enough to say. I.e. we should prepare our self to expect such type of questions in the written test. As for myself is concerned, I've prepared for just one day for the written test and one more day for the interview. This one-day too more than enough for us, provided you are good at English.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greater Noida (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greater Noida (India)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in February 2015.

At first i filled d form to apply through amcat... i got call for written at G.C.E.T. Gr. Noida on 31 jan i cleared that ...on 12 Feb i Called for an interview at same venue of my TR & HR were scheduled on 15 Feb Firstly they verified docs. as its off campus drive.. then i went to TR I cleared it n went to HR i cleared it too... n sign on an Agreement but now m waiting for result... overall its a very nice experience hope to be get a positive response from cogni. HR was mainly concerned about relocation and willing to work in night shifts. I had faced a good environment over all interview process its a freat being a part of this.

Interview Questions
    • I m telling about only TR round ... as i m from I.T so they started from DBMS that what u know about DBMS... SQL Queries Data Constraints in DBMS.. what is DATA Integrity... my first query is in sql was write an sql query to get name of top 3 employee of every deptt... as deptt were 5.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day
    Two rounds of interview.
    First round technical
    Second HR
    Technical questions
    Basic c program
    project, hobbies

In Hr round they just ask work location shift is okay for you and then get sign from you

Software Engineer Interview

The first rounds consisted of aptidude questions mainly based on verbal and logical. Not much quands. The interview process consisted of basic techical ques in C. Real life eg for oops,garbage collectors in java,inheritance etc.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

Aptitude then tech and hr interviews. In interviews they asked me to write code for heap sort, and tell its average case complexity and how is this complexity found out. write code for quick sort. write code for merge sort. tell complexity of each sort mentioned above and which one is better

Interview Questions
    • write code for heap sort, and tell its average case complexity and how is this complexity found out. write code for quick sort. write code for merge sort. tell complexity of each sort mentioned above and which one is better   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Written test which is conducted by AMCAT,Written test pattern is Aptitude,Reasoning and verbal.Questions are very easy but time is the most important factor to clear the test.
    In technical interview mostly the questions are asked from DBMS,SQL.Asked from joins,normalization,etc.
    and finally HR ,tell me about yourself,why cts?,what you know about cts?,asked about relocation,etc

Software Engineer Interview

1st round: There were about 450 candidates in the first batch (9 am) waiting for the interview, after verification of our documents (all documents mentioned in interview call letter are mandatory) they took us to a Hall where there were 15 interviewers taking interview to 15 different candidates, this round was just a formality they just wanted to check whether the candidate is aware of the job profile or not. Since the profile was IT-IS they explained about the job profile, they said there is no scope for programming in this job. , you might never get a chance to switch your profile or you may get a chance. , you may have to work in service desk for the next 1 and half or 2 years. , do you have any problems working on night shifts and relocation. , after explaining all these they asked whether I was interested to work on this job and agree to their terms and conditions. They also asked questions like why cognizant? why don't you go into development? where do you see yourself in next 3 to 5 years?

2nd round: around 150 to 200 candidates got selected to second round. I was taken to a room where there were 2 interviewers interviewing 2 different candidates, the interviewer asked me to take my seat and introduced himself. He asked me whether I was aware of this job profile? he said me he was not going to ask any questions related to technical and he wanted only communication skills. He asked me to introduce myself, tell me about my academics, my family background, my positive strengths and my achievements.