Cognizant Technology Solutions

Updated Jan 7, 2015

2.6

99 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

1) Technical Round:- basic c#, oops, asp.net questions, sql server(pl/sql) questions
2) manager Round:- Technical + project related

Other Interview Reviews for Cognizant Technology Solutions

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

campus interview

Interview Questions
    • if i type character 'A' in text file and save it, what will be size of the file   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

I applied through college or university. The process took a day
    Two rounds of interview.
    First round technical
    Second HR
    Technical questions
    Basic c program
    project, hobbies

In Hr round they just ask work location shift is okay for you and then get sign from you

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

The first rounds consisted of aptidude questions mainly based on verbal and logical. Not much quands. The interview process consisted of basic techical ques in C. Real life eg for oops,garbage collectors in java,inheritance etc.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

Aptitude then tech and hr interviews. In interviews they asked me to write code for heap sort, and tell its average case complexity and how is this complexity found out. write code for quick sort. write code for merge sort. tell complexity of each sort mentioned above and which one is better

Interview Questions
    • write code for heap sort, and tell its average case complexity and how is this complexity found out. write code for quick sort. write code for merge sort. tell complexity of each sort mentioned above and which one is better   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Written test which is conducted by AMCAT,Written test pattern is Aptitude,Reasoning and verbal.Questions are very easy but time is the most important factor to clear the test.
    In technical interview mostly the questions are asked from DBMS,SQL.Asked from joins,normalization,etc.
    and finally HR ,tell me about yourself,why cts?,what you know about cts?,asked about relocation,etc

Software Engineer Interview

1st round: There were about 450 candidates in the first batch (9 am) waiting for the interview, after verification of our documents (all documents mentioned in interview call letter are mandatory) they took us to a Hall where there were 15 interviewers taking interview to 15 different candidates, this round was just a formality they just wanted to check whether the candidate is aware of the job profile or not. Since the profile was IT-IS they explained about the job profile, they said there is no scope for programming in this job. , you might never get a chance to switch your profile or you may get a chance. , you may have to work in service desk for the next 1 and half or 2 years. , do you have any problems working on night shifts and relocation. , after explaining all these they asked whether I was interested to work on this job and agree to their terms and conditions. They also asked questions like why cognizant? why don't you go into development? where do you see yourself in next 3 to 5 years?

2nd round: around 150 to 200 candidates got selected to second round. I was taken to a room where there were 2 interviewers interviewing 2 different candidates, the interviewer asked me to take my seat and introduced himself. He asked me whether I was aware of this job profile? he said me he was not going to ask any questions related to technical and he wanted only communication skills. He asked me to introduce myself, tell me about my academics, my family background, my positive strengths and my achievements.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in November 2014.

It was a campus interview and the process took two days. First day we had an aptitude round. The difficulty level was easy-medium. The results were declared in the eve and the selected candidates had to appear for the technical interview the next day. Questions were asked from all the basic areas of IT. Then the selected candidates had a HR round where we had to sign a form stating any location of placement is accepted by us.

Interview Questions
    • Having done a project is a plus. Most of them were asked to explain about their project   Answer Question

Day 1
    Round 1- Aptitude ( selected candidates were called for Interview )
    Quantitative, logical and verbal. Verbal was bit difficult.

Day 2
    Round 2- Technical Interview
    C programming (mainly pointers), Database related questions like queries etc

Round 3- HR Interview
    Testing whether you are flexible.

Software Engineer Interview

First round- aptitude test. Second round Technical. Third round HR.

Interview Questions
    • Everything was easy and little bit of C and C++ knowledge is needed   Answer Question