Cognizant Technology Solutions
3.5 of 5 4,930 reviews
www.cognizant.com Teaneck, NJ 5000+ Employees

Cognizant Technology Solutions Software Testing Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jun 4, 2014

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Software Testing Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Interview Details – It was easy. There was a group of people to ask you tech and personality questions. They ask about basic IT knowledge. Database, Networking, Project Management, etc. Then they give you a call the next few days if you are interested. They give you free food and stuff. Really try to sell you.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate

Teaneck, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in April 2011.

Interview Details – Hiring and interview process is decent. You meet different people and talk to them and ask questions about your resume and about your future plans. Its good to know in details about the company and their services that they offer.

Interview Question – Black Box,White Box testing, Cloud Computing..etc   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate , was satisfied

Teaneck, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in January 2013.

Interview Details – I received an email that they wanted me to go for an interview in Teaneck. They would provide a car service, flight and hotel for that night. Interview was about 2 weeks after the email.

The hotel was right next to the office, so I walked right over in the morning. There was 3 other candidates, and 2 more coming later that day. All the candidates were referrals. Started off with some light breakfast and a brief introduction from the manager. We were given some fact sheets to look over. After we were split into rooms, where we met with a Technical interviewer and a Behavioral interviewer. My technical interviewer didn't ask me much technical questions, which reviewed what I knew from my resume. He was mostly trying to see my thought process, and how I demonstrated any leadership or teamwork skills. I heard other candidates were asked some technical questions though. The behavioral interviewer read off a sheet of questions. Typical behavioral questions. Name a time where you had a bad teammate and how you handle it. Strangely, the interviewer was only writing one word responses on the sheet. After finishing, we applied once more to the position on a laptop. I was given a departing gift. I was finished by 10:30AM, so I got to leave early.

I heard back just 3 days after, that I didn't receive the job because there were better candidates that suited the position. I was confused because the manager said it was possible that we would all get hired. My technical interviewer also indicated that I would do great in this position, since I was a CE major, while there was a biomedical, EE, and IS major there.

Interview Question – Are you familiar with SDLC?   Answer Question

Stony Brook, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in October 2012.

Interview Details – I did not get too far in the process, but it began with a presentation by 5 representatives of the company. They gave an overview of the company and explained their personal experiences with it. The next day was a one on one interview with all selected candidates. From what I saw, most people took about 20 minutes for the interview. Mine took 40 minutes. I was able to speak very candidly with the interviewer. I was asked about my past experiences, what my goals for the future were.

He asked me for an example of a time when I had to deal with difficult group members for a project.

Interview Question – What states are you willing to travel to?   Answer Question

Software Testing Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in October 2011.

Interview Details – First interview was at school with the HR. He asked me some basic questions about myself and what ive done throughout my undergraduate years. Incorporate what you've done and how it relates to what youre applying for so that you have a better chance to move on. Second interview was at the headquarters and was kind of stressful because all the applicants waited in the same conference room until their names were called and things were sort of timid in the room. Rotational interviews with 3 different people including a technical interview just to see if you actually know about present day technology and programming.

Interview Questions

• what are your strengths and weaknesses? this is probably the toughest question to answer by far even though it seems simple..   Answer Question
  • what is a router? (i thought this was some kind of trick question but i answered it anyway)   View Answer

Software Testing Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in April 2012.

Interview Details – I was referred by an employee in January, but wasn't called for an interview until late April. Meanwhile, the employee worked with me to improve my resume and give me the gist of the interview process.

There were two interviews, a technical interview and a behavioral interview. Each went pretty well. The technical was easier than the behavioral. In the technical interview, the main objective of the interviewer was to observe my thinking process as to determine whether or not I am quick learner. The focus was not so much on my actual skills as it was on my ability to learn well.

The behavioral interview was a bit more challenging and intimidating. The interviewer asked me very specific questions and expected concrete answers, in turn. The behavioral was not as opened-ended as the technical and required much more thought and focus on my part.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you disagreed with a method being used.   Answer Question
  • Describe a situation where you got stuck, and you had to find a way to work around it or move forward.   Answer Question
  • If I give you 2 chicken eggs, tell me how to arrive at 632 eggs.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cognizant Technology Solutions

Worked for Cognizant Technology Solutions? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cognizant Technology Solutions Software Testing Analyst interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Cognizant Technology Solutions employees and interview candidates.