Cognizant Technology Solutions Interview Questions in Teaneck, NJ

Updated Aug 14, 2015

2.8

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Teaneck, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Teaneck, NJ).

Interview

After talking to them at a job fair they flew me out from college to interview. Interviewers seemed uninterested, and there were a ton of other applicants. I got an offer but the process gave me a less than optimal view of the company so I ended up taking an offer elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• What is an example of a time you were a leader? What is the difference between an abstract class and an interface, when would each be useful?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Teaneck, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Teaneck, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied through my school's career network in January. I was chosen for a first round interview in late February on my school's campus. The interview consisted of walking the interviewer through my resume. We talked through how I solve problems; they want to hear that you break down the problem into different parts to analyze them individually and then analyze the problem as a whole. The interviewer was asking rapid fire questions one after another. She also asked me how many golf balls could fit into an airplane, so brush up on how you would go about solving these types of problems. I didn't think the interview went too well but I got an email the next week inviting me to final round interviews. The final round interview in Teaneck got pushed back multiple times due to inclement weather. I finally interviewed at their headquarters in late March, over a month later. The interview day consisted of two interviews: one case and one behavioral. Brush up on your case interviews, especially SWOT analysis and estimation questions. There weren't really the typical hard case questions from what I heard. Everyone at the office was extremely friendly on the interview day. The behavioral interview was just talking about my experiences. This interview started late so I didn't get the full 30 minutes with the interviewer. The case interview was a little frustrating. He asked me how a pharma company could develop a marketing strategy and sales approach for a new diabetes drug. He was expecting me to walk him through a SWOT analysis and seemed annoyed at the approach I took. We stopped the case after a little while and just talked about problem solving. I didn't think this interview went well at all. A month later I heard back from one of the managers that I was getting an offer. I received the official phone call later that week and the official letter the same day as the phone call. I chose another firm because of location and compensation. Overall I thought the process took a little too long and was very drawn out, but the atmosphere at the firm seemed great and I liked everyone.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Teaneck, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Teaneck, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

Very straightforward process. Initial interview was on-campus. Consisted of typical behavioral questions and my interviewer was awesome. Second round was at HQ. Consisted of a behavioral and technical interviews so two interviews in total. Technical was easier than I thought and I am not technically strong (yet). Interviewed based my technical knowledge in regards to what I did on my resume.

Interview Questions

• Imagine you were developing an application. How would you apply the SDLC?   Answer Question

Senior Technology Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Teaneck, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Teaneck, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

I was an internal referral but it took over 2-3 months to connect with the right teams. The infrastructure / cloud practice is in its infancy, managers are wishy washy about a role at a senior level, there is no disciplined approach and it was a beyond disappointing experience. If you are a seasoned IT professional, do not waste your time exploring any role in this organization. The managers would like someone to come in at a junior level and have very few women in senior leadership position in the US. All in all, a lot of talks but no specific role and conclusion.

Interview Questions

• Being a seasoned IT professional, I was given some potential roles and how would be experience fit in those roles.   Answer Question

Program Director/Enterprise Agile Coach Interview

Anonymous Employee in Teaneck, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Teaneck, NJ) in January 2015.

Interview

Disappointing. Many rounds of phone calls, with a final group interview to solve a pyramid puzzle in Teaneck N.J. Was told that they liked me, but could only offer a contract after the interview because too many consultants were on the bench. I felt the position was misrepresented as they should have stated up front that they were interviewing for a contract position. The location of the position was also misrepresented as I was told it was in a major city location near the airport, when in fact it was another 1.5 hour drive from the airport.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Teaneck, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Teaneck, NJ) in November 2014.

Interview

Talked to recruiters at my universities job fair. A couple of weeks later I was asked to do an on-campus interview. It was strictly behavioral questions, about 10. I was told right afterwards that I would be moving on to the final round of interviews. A couple more weeks went by, and a bunch of students and myself were flown out to the head quarters in Teaneck, NJ. Everything was paid for. The final interviews consisted of one behavioral interview, and one technical interview. The behavioral one was straight forward, the technical one was pretty easy too. I come from a business background so they pretty much went over my resume and asked me about the things on my resume pertaining to IT.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you deal with co-workers that have different backgrounds that you may or may not agree with.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Teaneck, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Teaneck, NJ) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied through on campus recruiting. About a week later, received notice to attend the interview on school grounds. This consisted of mostly behavioral questions, what would you do in this situation etc. About a week after that, I received a phone call to attend an interview at HQ. The interviews were one behavioral and one technical, which were both really behavioral but maybe that comes with being an analyst. What was supposed to be the technical interview, the interviewer asked me real-life situations about what I would do if Cognizant were to place me in this role - definitely good to know the ins & outs of the company. A week after that, received the offer letter to join them. -a week later is actually 7 days later lol.

Interview Questions

• You walk into a board meeting and the CEO asks you into implement a system but is unsure of what the outcome might be financially to the company. How would you persuade him to go forth?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't really negotiate.

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Teaneck, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Teaneck, NJ).

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple. First round was on campus at my university. The second round was at their headquarters at Teaneck, which consisted of two interviews, behavioral and technical. I thought that the technical interview was quite easy. I felt that the behavioral interview a little tough as they give you certain situations and how you tackled them.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any unexpected or difficult questions. Just the usual questions every company asks.   Answer Question

Senior Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Teaneck, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Teaneck, NJ).

Interview

Was contacted by the recruiter and then was asked to attend 3 telephonic interviews and then one video conference with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• How will you grow your account in a particular practice   1 Answer

Negotiation

They are pretty straight forward will ask you for your current payslip add 10000 to the annual package and will give a liberal bonus as addition.

Programmer Analyst @ Cognizant Technology Solutions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Teaneck, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Teaneck, NJ) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied through my university career portal. I had 1 interview with HR on campus then they reached out to me a few days later and asked for a second round interview. They invited me to their Teaneck office where I had 3 interviews. The first was as behavioral with HR and the next two were technical with managers. Each interview lasted between 20-30 minutes. The interview was on a Friday and I believe they got back to me on a Tuesday or Wednesday with a decision. Then they gave me 2-3 weeks to make my decision.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my resume, leadership/teamwork skills, my coding background, SDLC, projects I've worked on in the past, why I want to join this company. As always, make sure you know your resume inside and out. For the behavioral portion conducted by HR, they went through my resume and asked how I work in a team, how I solved problems as a leader and similar things. HR asked me if I had any other offers and how much other companies were paying me.They ask about your location preference--since this is consulting, they expect you to be able to move anywhere at anytime for projects sometimes. The technical interview was conducted by managers. They took some time to get to know you and your background. Then they asked technical questions asking about my ability to code, my interests in technology, the software development life cycle, and former projects. They new that I was an undergraduate student so they didn't really give me a hard time about not being able to answer difficult technical questions. They were more interested in your ability to adapt, work in a team and willingness to learn.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. They shut me down saying they didn't negotiate contracts.