Cognizant Technology Solutions

2.7

36 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Technology Solutions Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Teaneck, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in November 2014.

Talked to recruiters at my universities job fair. A couple of weeks later I was asked to do an on-campus interview. It was strictly behavioral questions, about 10. I was told right afterwards that I would be moving on to the final round of interviews. A couple more weeks went by, and a bunch of students and myself were flown out to the head quarters in Teaneck, NJ. Everything was paid for. The final interviews consisted of one behavioral interview, and one technical interview. The behavioral one was straight forward, the technical one was pretty easy too. I come from a business background so they pretty much went over my resume and asked me about the things on my resume pertaining to IT.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me how you deal with co-workers that have different backgrounds that you may or may not agree with.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Technology Solutions Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Teaneck, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in October 2014.

Applied through on campus recruiting. About a week later, received notice to attend the interview on school grounds. This consisted of mostly behavioral questions, what would you do in this situation etc. About a week after that, I received a phone call to attend an interview at HQ. The interviews were one behavioral and one technical, which were both really behavioral but maybe that comes with being an analyst. What was supposed to be the technical interview, the interviewer asked me real-life situations about what I would do if Cognizant were to place me in this role - definitely good to know the ins & outs of the company. A week after that, received the offer letter to join them.

-a week later is actually 7 days later lol.

Interview Questions
    • You walk into a board meeting and the CEO asks you into implement a system but is unsure of what the outcome might be financially to the company. How would you persuade him to go forth?   Answer Question
    Didn't really negotiate.

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Teaneck, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

The interview process was fairly simple. First round was on campus at my university. The second round was at their headquarters at Teaneck, which consisted of two interviews, behavioral and technical. I thought that the technical interview was quite easy. I felt that the behavioral interview a little tough as they give you certain situations and how you tackled them.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any unexpected or difficult questions. Just the usual questions every company asks.   Answer Question

Senior Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Teaneck, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Was contacted by the recruiter and then was asked to attend 3 telephonic interviews and then one video conference with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • How will you grow your account in a particular practice   View Answer
    They are pretty straight forward will ask you for your current payslip add 10000 to the annual package and will give a liberal bonus as addition.

Quality Engineering and Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Teaneck, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in March 2014.

I was recruited from my university and did an Interview at my university, a week later was chosen fly in and have an second two part interview which consisted of two interviews, one behavior, and one technical. Both were fairly easy just needed to have people skills. If you don't pass both you are rejected as a candidate.

Interview Questions
    • The technical interview can vary from topic to topic, however they expect you to know your stuff regardless of the topic.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Teaneck, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in November 2013.

Friendly recruiters and interviewers. The on campus recruiting process was extremely pleasant, so much so, that it did not even feel like an interview. Final interviews were held onsite at their NJ office.

Interview Questions
    • The case interview was in a group that I did not have a background in nor was interested in applying to   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Teaneck, NJ

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in October 2013.

They were very professional and friendly when interviewing

Coordinator Recruiting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Teaneck, NJ

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in September 2013.

Applied online and had a phone interview and a three person interview. I was really impressed at first and quickly that dissipated after I never heard from my recruiter again, I repeatedly followed up and I dont even know if they filled this role. Which is extremely unprofessional.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Teaneck, NJ

Was hired through the on-campus MBA recruitment process, which includes three primary hurdles. First, resumes are selected from the applicant pool for interviews. Second, Round 1 on-campus interviews are conducted, usually consisting of one behavioral and one case interview, 45min to 1hr each. Finally, Round 2 interviews are conducted, usually at headquarters in Teaneck, with leadership/department heads for your best-fit practice area, again. Usually, this consists of two 1 hour interviews that combine elements of behavioral and case for each.

Interview Questions
    • There were a few. One interviewer conducted an incredibly interactive case interview, far more like a discussion that a case, with no graph/slide component at all. Another interviewer wanted detailed history of my previous employers, such as annual revenue, market cap, EPS, and growth numbers.   Answer Question
    Since this was through the MBA recruitment process, salary was not negotiable, and only job location could be changed. Come to find out that it doesn't matter where you work since there are no regularly used offices for the consultants anyway.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Teaneck, NJ

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

One phone interview with hiring manager. He was in transit on a Bluetooth and kept cutting off - very disrupting. The next interview was held via videoconference. I went to Teaneck and met with hiring manager on Cognizant's video conference system (Tandberg). Received offer very soon after that. He talked quite a bit and didn't give me an opportunity to share my opinions or thoughts. I wanted to be able to tell him how I would handle the project.

Interview Questions
    • Hiring Manager explained that I would be taking over for someone else who had developed the project and explained my responsibilities as though they were in place. When I asked for details he replied that they actually hadn't done any of it yet.   Answer Question
    Don't be too quick to accept their first salary offer. There is room for negotiation in salary but not bonus or vacation.