Cognizant Technology Solutions

www.cognizant.com

Cognizant Technology Solutions Technology Solutions Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Teaneck, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in March 2013.

Interview Details – Dropped off a resume at college career fair. This was followed up by an on-campus interview, which consisted of mostly discussing my internship experience and school work. This was followed up by an interview in their headquarters, they drove me and six others out and put us up at a hotel. There were two interviews one technical, again discussing internship and school work followed by a behavioral interview which is all "Tell me about a time when you..." (had to be a leader or had a disagreement for example).

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to be a leader.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Offer was a little low

Teaneck, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in November 2011.

Interview Details – I first hear of the company at a job fair at my university. The recruiting staff was extremely nice and personable. They instructed me to fill out the application online; and that they would sign me up for a campus interview. A few weeks later I had my first one on one campus interview with a recruiter and it went extremely smooth. We basically went over my entire resume and I explained each experience as well as my technical skills. The questions they asked were not there to "trip you up" they just want to know more about you; and to see if your a personable individual who could potentially be a good consultant.

From there I received a notification that I would be continuing to the second interview in Teaneck, NJ. The company flew me there for the weekend along with the other students. During the following morning I had three separate interviews; behavioral, technical, and a recruiting sit down.

Behavioral is all about you. Why do you want to work at cognizant. What do you do on your free time. What are you passionate about? What are your experiences in teams and how do you problem solve.

Technical is a review of the technical skills you indicated on your resume. If you said you know Java then tell me about the project you used it on. Fairly simple if you're honest on you resume. They also ask you some basic questions about like data types and sdlc. Stuff that you should know if you have a technical background so don't stress. And if you don't know you don't know.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of data types? (but they use a different word for it so be ready)   View Answer
  • How do you deal with teams?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation all beginning associates start at the same rate; 55k.

Technology Solutions Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in November 2011.

Interview Details – There were a few interviews, first there was a 1:1 interview to get general knowledge about me and then there were 3 1:1 interviews in their office in Chicago, which they paid for and everything. One was a technical interview which actually asked a lot of things I was not expecting. Such as the job description made it seem like it would be a software based IT job. However there were questions on routers, relational databases and software development timeline. In all honesty I don't think they knew where they wanted to place me so they were trying to cover all their bases and would place where they saw fit. The next was a behavioral interview which was basically how would you handle this situation and then the 3rd was an interview with the recruiter.

They took forever to get back to me and made it seem like I had the job only to then tell me 2 weeks down the road that they were not offering me the job. All in all they were nice however they should get back to people sooner and didn't seem very organized as to where they would place me.

Interview Question – What is a relational database?   Answer Question

Worked for Cognizant Technology Solutions? Contribute to the Community!