Cognizant Technology Solutions

Updated Nov 18, 2014

2.5

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Teaneck, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in November 2014.

Talked to recruiters at my universities job fair. A couple of weeks later I was asked to do an on-campus interview. It was strictly behavioral questions, about 10. I was told right afterwards that I would be moving on to the final round of interviews. A couple more weeks went by, and a bunch of students and myself were flown out to the head quarters in Teaneck, NJ. Everything was paid for. The final interviews consisted of one behavioral interview, and one technical interview. The behavioral one was straight forward, the technical one was pretty easy too. I come from a business background so they pretty much went over my resume and asked me about the things on my resume pertaining to IT.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me how you deal with co-workers that have different backgrounds that you may or may not agree with.   Answer Question
No negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Cognizant Technology Solutions

Technology Solutions Analyst Interview

Applied through an online campus recruiting website. Met with a recruiter on campus for 30 minutes. After about a week, I heard from the company and was invited to a second round of interviews on site.

Interview Questions
    • What was a conflict you faced and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Technology Solutions Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in October 2014.

On campus then interview at their headquarter in NJ. Final interview was the same as the initial interview. There were no technical questions. All behavior questions. Everyone was nice.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Teaneck, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in October 2014.

Applied through on campus recruiting. About a week later, received notice to attend the interview on school grounds. This consisted of mostly behavioral questions, what would you do in this situation etc. About a week after that, I received a phone call to attend an interview at HQ. The interviews were one behavioral and one technical, which were both really behavioral but maybe that comes with being an analyst. What was supposed to be the technical interview, the interviewer asked me real-life situations about what I would do if Cognizant were to place me in this role - definitely good to know the ins & outs of the company. A week after that, received the offer letter to join them.

-a week later is actually 7 days later lol.

Interview Questions
    • You walk into a board meeting and the CEO asks you into implement a system but is unsure of what the outcome might be financially to the company. How would you persuade him to go forth?   Answer Question
    Didn't really negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Teaneck, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in March 2013.

Dropped off a resume at college career fair. This was followed up by an on-campus interview, which consisted of mostly discussing my internship experience and school work. This was followed up by an interview in their headquarters, they drove me and six others out and put us up at a hotel. There were two interviews one technical, again discussing internship and school work followed by a behavioral interview which is all "Tell me about a time when you..." (had to be a leader or had a disagreement for example).

Offer was a little low

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Teaneck, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in November 2011.

I first hear of the company at a job fair at my university. The recruiting staff was extremely nice and personable. They instructed me to fill out the application online; and that they would sign me up for a campus interview. A few weeks later I had my first one on one campus interview with a recruiter and it went extremely smooth. We basically went over my entire resume and I explained each experience as well as my technical skills. The questions they asked were not there to "trip you up" they just want to know more about you; and to see if your a personable individual who could potentially be a good consultant.

From there I received a notification that I would be continuing to the second interview in Teaneck, NJ. The company flew me there for the weekend along with the other students. During the following morning I had three separate interviews; behavioral, technical, and a recruiting sit down.

Behavioral is all about you. Why do you want to work at cognizant. What do you do on your free time. What are you passionate about? What are your experiences in teams and how do you problem solve.

Technical is a review of the technical skills you indicated on your resume. If you said you know Java then tell me about the project you used it on. Fairly simple if you're honest on you resume. They also ask you some basic questions about like data types and sdlc. Stuff that you should know if you have a technical background so don't stress. And if you don't know you don't know.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of data types? (but they use a different word for it so be ready)   View Answer
    • How do you deal with teams?   View Answer
    There is no negotiation all beginning associates start at the same rate; 55k.

Technology Solutions Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in November 2011.

There were a few interviews, first there was a 1:1 interview to get general knowledge about me and then there were 3 1:1 interviews in their office in Chicago, which they paid for and everything. One was a technical interview which actually asked a lot of things I was not expecting. Such as the job description made it seem like it would be a software based IT job. However there were questions on routers, relational databases and software development timeline. In all honesty I don't think they knew where they wanted to place me so they were trying to cover all their bases and would place where they saw fit. The next was a behavioral interview which was basically how would you handle this situation and then the 3rd was an interview with the recruiter.

They took forever to get back to me and made it seem like I had the job only to then tell me 2 weeks down the road that they were not offering me the job. All in all they were nice however they should get back to people sooner and didn't seem very organized as to where they would place me.