Cognizant Technology Solutions Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Jul 30, 2015

2.8

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a four step process: - Initial screening on the phone with the agency, half hour - Group case and discussion, at the Cognizant office, whole morning 9 to 1pm. Shared with other candidates for other positions (i.e. not competing with you) - Formal interview with two managers on competencies and experience (one hour and a half) - HR phone interview (one hour) While the process was smooth and quite pleasant, there seemed to be a gap in the information conveyed by the agency so that in the end, after Cognizant HR saying they would put an offer together, the agency called to say they needed 100% travel. I don't believe they have to invest (and make me invest) 7 hours to decline on the grounds of something which had been said at the very beginning and in all of the intermediate stages.

Interview Questions

• Case on a food safety issue at a company, sales pitch on how would you implement a solution   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Interview

Competency based. Different stages, just general questions on management. Ask examples from past work experience. Standard questions, different individuals. There are 3 stages, which is time consuming and unnecessary. same questions repeated by 3 different people. The interview last hours but the details they give about the job you land is different from reality. It shows interviewers have no ground knowledge and no clue as what is required.

Interview Questions

• Some irrelevant questions were asked (not relevant to the job you end up with).   Answer Question

Associate - Projects Interview

Interview

Technical interview. Needs to have solid theoretical and hands on knowledge with relevant experience. Good communication skill both written and verbal. Should be able to participate in technical / functional discussion and put demonstrate capability to reason and the correct solution.Also needs to have proper certification in relevant technology.

Strategic Services Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in August 2014.

Interview

Very chaotic Human Resources team, probably snowed under loads of applications. If you apply online they don't even see you application so my advise would be to apply through a recruitment agency that is on their case checking that the application has been processed. Once you are in is quick. Round 1: Assessment Centre with a few other candidates. 3 activities: - Write an email about a subject they provide. 5 min to complete - Team activity: Saving people from a cave. They give you some description about each of them and you debate who to save and create a list. 40 min to complete - Case study presentation: They give you a business case different to that of your colleagues and you have to devise a sales pitch. 40 min to complete. My advise is that you bond with the other candidates before starting the assessment centre as it will make the whole process easier. Round 2: Competency and fit interview with head of practice. Face to face

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They were able to meet my salary expectations

Graduate Scheme, London, UK Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (London, England (UK)) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied through their official website. They called me the following day ( Thursday) to go to interview on Friday (same week - so had less than 24h to prepare). On their AC day they had 3 stages - business case study which I was not made to do since I had no partner for it, Competency based interview ( typical questions from "Tell me about yourself" through teamwork, work experience, career motivation, integrity questions), Presentation based on technical/consulting technology case study which I was emailed the day before.

Interview Questions

• As long as you go through the competency based type of questions (typical questions from "Tell me about yourself" through teamwork, work experience, career motivation, integrity questions) and think through the cost, technical and time matters outlined in the case study - then you should be ok.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (London, England (UK)) in June 2014.

Interview

Was initially told there was no opening for the role. Then received an email a month or so later for an 'asap' telephonic interview. There was no flexibility on the time and day for the telephone call. The call itself was very formal. Was not made to feel at ease during the telephonic interview. Not very responsive over email. Overall, not a great experience.

Interview Questions

• years of experience in the role; right to work status.   Answer Question

Consulting Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (London, England (UK)) in March 2014.

Interview

Interview with Practice Head questioning on motivation and sector knowledge, peer interview assessing company and personal fit to the culture then a panel interview and business case presentation. Process was quick and the offer was out very fast

Interview Questions

• Skills and experience, company fit and sector knowledge   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (London, England (UK)).

Interview

For this level you need 4 interviews or more. It was ok overall but time consuming.

Interview Questions

• Actually do not recall a difficult question from any of the interviewers   Answer Question

Negotiation

Increased notice period, reduced non-compete. Salary was top end and bonus fixed to level.

Audit Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in July 2013.

Interview

Extremely slow, it took 2 months from the CV submission. There are 2 stages, a telephone interview and a F2F interview with 4 persons in one day within 3 hours with 10 min break between each interview. All 4 ask one and the same questions. Kind of boring and you got tired of repeating.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the future of the technologies.   1 Answer

Senior Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (London, England (UK)) in October 2012.

Interview

Very thorough interview and challenging assessment, enjoyed being put on the spot and meeting the different people in te team

Interview Questions

• Case study exercise, you're only given an hour to propose a solution to a complex issue   Answer Question

Negotiation

Straight forward it was covered on the same day