Cognizant Technology Solutions Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Sep 29, 2014

2.8

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Strategic Services Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in August 2014.

Very chaotic Human Resources team, probably snowed under loads of applications. If you apply online they don't even see you application so my advise would be to apply through a recruitment agency that is on their case checking that the application has been processed.
    Once you are in is quick.

Round 1: Assessment Centre with a few other candidates. 3 activities:
      - Write an email about a subject they provide. 5 min to complete
      - Team activity: Saving people from a cave. They give you some description about each of them and you debate who to save and create a list. 40 min to complete
      - Case study presentation: They give you a business case different to that of your colleagues and you have to devise a sales pitch. 40 min to complete.

My advise is that you bond with the other candidates before starting the assessment centre as it will make the whole process easier.

Round 2: Competency and fit interview with head of practice. Face to face

Interview Questions
    They were able to meet my salary expectations

Graduate Scheme, London, UK Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in June 2014.

Applied through their official website. They called me the following day ( Thursday) to go to interview on Friday (same week - so had less than 24h to prepare).
    On their AC day they had 3 stages - business case study which I was not made to do since I had no partner for it, Competency based interview ( typical questions from "Tell me about yourself" through teamwork, work experience, career motivation, integrity questions), Presentation based on technical/consulting technology case study which I was emailed the day before.

Interview Questions
    • As long as you go through the competency based type of questions (typical questions from "Tell me about yourself" through teamwork, work experience, career motivation, integrity questions) and think through the cost, technical and time matters outlined in the case study - then you should be ok.   View Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

For this level you need 4 interviews or more. It was ok overall but time consuming.

Interview Questions
    • Actually do not recall a difficult question from any of the interviewers   Answer Question
    Increased notice period, reduced non-compete. Salary was top end and bonus fixed to level.

Audit Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in July 2013.

Extremely slow, it took 2 months from the CV submission. There are 2 stages, a telephone interview and a F2F interview with 4 persons in one day within 3 hours with 10 min break between each interview. All 4 ask one and the same questions. Kind of boring and you got tired of repeating.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think is the future of the technologies.   View Answer

Senior Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in October 2012.

Very thorough interview and challenging assessment, enjoyed being put on the spot and meeting the different people in te team

Interview Questions
    • Case study exercise, you're only given an hour to propose a solution to a complex issue   Answer Question
    Straight forward it was covered on the same day

Unix Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  City of London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in May 2010.

At first phone interview , quite simply questions : UNIX - signals , process creation (fork , exec etc..) , Perl data types , Shell input variables .. easy,
    Then technical 1:1 interview : a lot of technologies but easy basic questions : NFS, UNIX system basics: ie: signals , file stystem users permissions, threads , redundancy(system availability), firewalls , C,C++(inheritance, polymorphisms , vtable ..),,Java, Perl,CMS ... and so on... basic questions. Unfortunately there was not questions about stack , heap , registers and pointers and pointers to functions.... etc..... :))))

Interview Questions
    • How will debug segmentation fault in java and C program..   View Answer
    easy , but it takes long time.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in March 2009.

Interview process is highly unprofessional. they don't explain the job correctly and this results in incorrect mapping. the offer takes ages to materialize

Assistant Manager - Project Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in January 2008.

Telephonic interview, followed by Manager's interview and HR interview.

Interview Questions
    Did no negotiate as I wan looking for opportunities in London.

Solution Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in January 2008.

Too short and repetitive at times, didn't seem joined up

Interview Questions
    • The Technical interview as it was broad and hard to read the managers   Answer Question
    Straight forward

Worked for Cognizant Technology Solutions? Contribute to the Community!