Cognolink Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 24, 2014
39 interviews

2.8

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cognolink in February 2014.

The first round is a phone screen with the recruiter. You will be asked about your resume as well as questions regarding challenges you have overcome. The second round is an onsite interview. 1 case interview and one behavioral with a manager and team leader. Everyone I interviewed with was very nice, and I enjoyed speaking with them. However, the recruiter is completely unprofessional. She called me two hours before my interview to push it back. Having just flown in to NY that morning, this was a little frustrating. Additionally, I haven't heard anything regarding my 2nd round interview despite leaving a message and sending the recruiter an email.

Interview Questions
    • The questions weren't too difficult. I felt all questions were fair/standard. How do you prioritize- give me an example? Time you failed. 2nd time you failed. When were you given constructive criticism? My case was about evaluating an investment opportunity in a certain industry. A PE firm wants to enter this industry- what factors would you consider, and who would you connect him with?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cognolink in March 2014.

I applied on the website for a position in the NY office and was shortly thereafter contacted for an initial phone screen. Even in the short conversation with the HR representative, I was turned off of this company. She was very rude and unprofessional. I recommend Cognolink address this issue if they want to attract top talent.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected.. Just an initial phone screen. Know future career goals.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Cognolink in January 2014.

Applied online, a 10 min phone interview followed. After that I was invited to an interview with team leader and HR person.
    They asked about my CV, my experience and interest in the industry. They also wanted to know what I know about Cognolink and the industry. There was a case study involved.
    The interviewers were very nice and open. I didn't feel uncomfortable and tried to answer the questions the best I could. I received a rejection the next day because my experience and skill set wasn't what they were looking for, which was rather annoying since they have seen all that on my CV before I came to the interview. I think they could have found that out during the phone interview the latest...

Interview Questions
    • Case study question: A private equity firm wants to invest in an aluminium can manufacturer, name three people you would connect them with.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cognolink.

I interviewed from far away, so there is a phone screen, then multiple video interviews until they decide that they want to see you in the office. They don't pay for transportation--quite frankly they don't need to with the amount of recent college graduates looking for professional experience.

Entire interview is case-based and conversation based. Just demonstrate a modicum understanding of the research analyst industry, and be able to explain that revenue=profit-expenses, and you'll be good to go.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Cognolink.

Applied via online application and was contacted for an interview after a brief phone call. Upon visiting the office I was greeted by an HR specialist who asked basic fit questions. The interview style was open-ended and about understanding my background. Two team leaders ran the second leg of the interview which covered job-applicable skills. The asked about my understanding of the research process. The process is fairly straightforward as outlined on the website, but it's helpful to speak with someone who has experience in the industry in order to provide additional color during the interview.

They offered a "case study," which was just a sample client request and was fairly simple. Asked more about my background. A more formal and less personal interview than the previous section.

Interview Questions
    • Our client wants to understand why a clothing retailer is closing its stores in the US, but opening stores in Europe. Who should we connect the client with?   View Answer

Consultant Interview

there is no interview process, only you have to pass the six monthly compliance test. Very good internet system where you can accept and decline projects.

Research Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cognolink.

Contacted through e-mail to set up phone interview, lasted about 15 minutes. Contacted through e-mail again to set up Skype interview - lasted about 30 mins. Didn't hear back until about 2 weeks later - they seemed to have forgotten they interviewed me. Told me to apply again after gaining experience.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cognolink in July 2013.

There was a three step interview process. The first interview was a simple overview of the position, qualifications, and work status. The second interview was comprehensive involving a more in depth analysis of your qualifications, including two case studies. The case studies were straight forward, and sought to address your critical thinking abilities, in addition to your logic, and comprehensive approach to resolving a question. The third interview was with a member of the management team, and was pretty straight forward.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cognolink in December 2010.

I interviewed as the company was just establishing itself in the US (and as the wider expert-network scandals were hitting the media). The process took a bit longer than I would've liked for these reasons, and included a phone screen and two in-person meetings. Currently, the process is very refined and candidates typically hear back in 1-3 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • What am I most proud of ever having accomploshed // doing a role-play   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

First is a quick phone interview with basic questions. Then you meet with some of their team leaders to discuss the hedge fund side and the private equity side. They want to check if you just understand the basics of the industry with easy case study questions. Then final round of interview is focuses more on your knowledge of finance, and more of a questions of a current financial topic. Overall, the HR department is a mess and they are terrible at communicating and getting back to you in a timely fashion.

Interview Questions
    • A private equity firm is looking into a business buying hearing-aids, what are they paying for?   Answer Question

Worked for Cognolink? Contribute to the Community!