Cohen & Steers

3 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

IT Intern Interview

IT Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cohen & Steers.

Interview Details – I was contacted via email saying that an interview was scheduled for me. there were 2 rounds. A technical and HR. Know your resume really well. They asked me about every single thing that was on my resume. The Hiring managers were really nice and made me feel really comfortable and at ease.

Interview Question – Why does this field interest you ?   Answer Question

Securities Analyst Interview

Securities Analyst
New York, NY

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cohen & Steers in October 2010.

Interview Details – I interviewed with 10 people, both 1x1s and small groups. No rigid structure to the process. They ask a lot of real estate questions. Be prepared to describe how you'd value a building or pick a stock. What candidates should demonstrate: hard skills that match the job responsibilities, passion for the real estate securities business, strong work ethic. Make sure you can explain why you want to work for the firm. Also ask questions, such as what is the interviewer's background.

Interview Question – Pitch a stock   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Compensation and start date are negotiable. Job responsibilities aren't.

Developer Interview

Developer
New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Cohen & Steers in September 2009.

Interview Details – I was called in for 1:1 interview, I was asked DB question and some .net questions.

Interview Question – Draw the UML diagram for Vending machine   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – dont negotiate

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Cohen & Steers? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cohen & Steers interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Cohen & Steers employees and interview candidates.