CohnReznick

Updated Feb 20, 2015
Updated Feb 20, 2015

2.5

Full-Time Busy-Season Interview

First round on campus interview with a senior manager who was very friendly. 45 minutes, standard behavioral questions.
    Walking through the resume; CPA exam eligibility; Why study accounting; Why choose audit; Why CohnReznick; Strengthens and weaknesses; How did you solve conflicts when working in a team; Experience of working under pressure; Experience of working overtime.

Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at CohnReznick.

Very good process, Met with three people, went very well, I impressed them all, thought I was pursuing a different role, but what I am doing is good, all partners and directors. Good orientation; overview of technologies, benefits, values, and other topics. Worked through a recruiter and she ws very good at informing me of all updates, scheduing my interview, for which I need to go to thee main office In North New Jersey

Interview Questions
    • Nothing I couldn't handle, needed to send expamples of my past work   Answer Question
    Nothing - good offer, good paid time off, good benefits overall

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CohnReznick in January 2015.

Applied online. Process took about two-three weeks. First interview is on site with HR, Senior Manager and two partners. Make sure you do research on the company...not only for the application questions itself but to better prepare yourself throughout the interview process and questions asked.

Interview Questions
    • Why CohnReznick? Give an example of a time where you were under pressure and had to multi-task? Tell me about yourself? Make sure you know your resume inside and out. The majority of the interview was conversational and layed back. People are nice...you have nothing to worry about.   Answer Question

Tax Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at CohnReznick.

Applied through campus recruitment and expressed interest in the company during one their information sessions and on campus events. I liked the aspect of working for a mid-sized firm compared to the Big Four and they appreciated that.

Interview Questions
    • One technical question on personal tax returns, due to my prior experiece   Answer Question

Associate Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CohnReznick.

I applied through on-campus recruiting and had an interview on campus. It was a very easy interview. They asked me to tell them a little about myself, to describe a time that I had failed and what I did, why I want to work for them, what I know about them, to describe a time I had to solve a problem.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at CohnReznick.

First round interview with a senior manager who was very friendly. He asked me about myself and then asked me three straight behavioral questions. Standard behavioral questions; no curveballs. I was invited for a second round interview after 2 weeks. I came into their New York City office in Midtown. I had high hopes for their office, but the office was old and unappealing. I was taken to a small conference room where I had interviews with four people. An HR intern, Audit Associate, Manager, and an HR Manager. Questions were easy and I was prepared for all of them. Few behavioral questions this time around. Ultimately, I accepted another offer from another company since their interview process was very late.

Interview Questions
    • All of my interviewers asked the same questions. Why CohnReznick over other accounting firms? Why did you want to do accounting?   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at CohnReznick.

I submitted the application through campus career center web sited and got the on-campus interview. The 30 minutes long interview is mostly asked about the behavior questions like how do you solve a conflict? How do you manage your time? I was invited to the 2nd round interview next week.

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through their online system. Received a call a couple of weeks later asking me to come in for an interview. Because they do not recruit on campus at my university, my first round interview and office visit were combined into one day. Very basic first round behavioral interview. Got to know a few employees the night before the office visit at a dinner. Seemed like a good place to start, definitely smaller and more personal than the Big 4 in my opinion. Second round interview was behavioral as well but mostly a conversation between me and the partner. Very little time was spent asking about my background and qualifications.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about a couple items for the resume. Nothing I have not been asked in previous interviews. The interviewee asks most of the questions.   Answer Question

Compliance Associate Interview

Applied through online job board. Received a call back within one week. Scheduled an in-person interview for the following week. Received a job offer the next day and accepted. Very quick process.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were behavioral. Didn't care much about academic record; I was not asked about my GPA.   Answer Question
    I was told that since this was an entry-level position, the starting salary was non-negotiable.

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CohnReznick.

I applied through my university's career center. The interview was not difficult, and the interviewer was very friendly. A little expansion on the resume and some behavior questions. The interviewer also answered my question with great details. It was more of a conversion.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really expected. Questions like what freaks you out during the internship you did.   Answer Question