CohnReznick

CohnReznick Interview Questions in Washington, DC

2.2

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at CohnReznick in October 2013.

on campus interview

Interview Questions
    • basically it was a conversation. they wanted to know about me.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CohnReznick in October 2013.

I interviewed at an on campus interview and received a call back for a second round interview at their office. The atmosphere was really laid back, fun and they had close, competitive nature between their teams. The office visit consisted of a breakfast, panel discussion, two 40 minute interviews hr presentation, and lunch with a partner panel.

Interview Questions
    • I did not get any unexpected questions. There were behavioral questions and practice how you answer these questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at CohnReznick in October 2013.

I was emailed saying that I had an interview with them. I was instructed to fill out their questionnaire (link was provided in the email), and also bring a copy of my transcript and the questionnaire to the interview. The interview was one on one with on of their auditing staff, and was actually pretty relaxed. The questions were pretty basic interview questions like "what was a setback you faced and how did you react to it" or "a specific project that you were successful on, and how did you achieve that success".

Interview Questions
    • The questions were fairly basic, but the most unexpected was "provide an example outside of school that you were faced with a problem and how did you solve it?" LIke I said they were straightforward questions that didn't really involve any acccounting or business related skills.   Answer Question

Experienced Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

I applied online – interviewed at CohnReznick.

initial contact through HR Recruiter on the phone- asked basic questions about resume, what i was looking for in a job, etc.
    interview- 2 partners & 1 manager: fairly straight forward, nothing out of the ordinary, took about 1.5 hours, partners asked very similar questions but in separate interviews. manager asked more technical questions, however it turns out that he was one of the more technical managers. asked a lot about what certifications you are looking to obtain (typical for an accounting/consulting firm)

partners are easy to talk to and make you comfortable.

Interview Questions
    • one partner had me ask questions the entire time, so be prepared to have a lot of questions, and not just the standard 1-2 that you ask at the end. be prepared to be able to speak on anything on your resume   View Answer
    negotiated salary but was tough; i was able to stand firm as i had a job at the time. management did not seem to want to budge on their initial offer which was quite low. have heard from others that they would not budge at all and accepted a low offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CohnReznick.

People at reznick are definitely interested in how smart you are, but resumes that jump out at partners are a well balanced one. Someone who gets good grades (3.0 is good) is involved in school (fraternity, clubs, volunteer events) has a part time job and then can back all of these things up goes a long way. My personality definitely won me this job.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in five years?   View Answer
    No negotiation at entry level

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CohnReznick in September 2012.

preinterview to know personalities, and interview for resume and profession questions

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at CohnReznick in August 2012.

Super easy interview with very inexperienced interviewers. If you've interviewed before, you can excel at this interview. They really just want to tell you about them, not ask behavioral questions or anything. One partner asked me what I was looking for. When I said a place that I could give some input and feel a part of a team, she became excited. The HR interview was with a woman who talked so fast "Are you ready if we make you an offer today?" My answer was "No, I need more time. I want to make the right decision."

Interview Questions
    • This might seem like a joke for an EA, but "I don't want someone to tell my clients I'm at the hair salon, even if I am. They should be told I'm out of the office at a meeting. And I don't want them to know when I go to the bathroom."   View Answer
    They basically offered the job for higher than I had been told and said "this is a final offer, we've gone much higher than we thought we could." That was honest. I negotiated about certain days off (during the week between Christmas and New Year) and felt like an idiot because it was NO problem getting those days and getting them in writing. I also wanted specifics on what the benefits would cost me as I'd had a bad experience with another firm who would not tell me. That was also NO problem. I was very impressed, to be honest. The only strange thing about the next phase was that they didn't check references or my background until AFTER I accepted the offer. But, they expected me to give notice BEFORE their background check was complete. (I refused to do so, even though I had nothing to hide -- and apparently, with a little bit of assertiveness, that was okay.)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at CohnReznick in October 2011.

Met the recruiter at a accounting conference, applied on my campus, had one interview for the internship and got an offer

Interview Questions
    • Where you see yourself in the next 5 years?   View Answer
    N/A

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CohnReznick in March 2011.

I applied through on-campus recruiting. I had a half-hour phone interview with the HR before my on-site interviews, which were 1:1 with 2 managers and a partner. The whole process including the hiring decision took no more than 2 weeks. The questions were ALL behavioral. None of the questions were too difficult. They mostly want to make sure you'll get along with others and you are willing to put in extra hours during the busy season.

Interview Questions
    • Describe an ethical dilemma you had before and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CohnReznick in September 2008.

On campus one on one interview with Partner. Purely behavioral and fit. No technical. Mostly conversational. Typical questions: name a time you were on a team and a team member was not performing up to par, what is your greatest accomplishment, walk me through your resume, why are you applying for XX position, etc. Easy, just make a good connection with the interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • They were all easy. Just know the basics of the job you are applying for and why you would be a good fit. Also know where you want to see yourself 5, 10 years down the road.   Answer Question
    No. Firm offer, not flexible with extending deadline dates.