Coinstar

Coinstar District Manager Interview Questions

2.5

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

District Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Coinstar.

I had initial phone screenings with the same Coinstar recruiter for three different jobs, all at or above Manager level. All three interviews went very well as far as I could tell. Having dealt with Coinstar as a customer for more than 10 years, I know their business better than most outsiders. Therefore, I thought I'd at least get a second interview. At the end of each phone screening, the recruiter told me that he would call me back within a specified period of time to let me know whether I made the cut for the next round. No call! After allowing another 4-5 days go by I had to call him back and ask the status of my application. It was at this point, each time, that I was told that I would not be moving on to the next interview. I understand that every applicant will not be contacted. However, when their recruiter tells you that he will call you back either way, I believe that he is obligated to do just that.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing off the wall. Mostly typical questions about how you have had to multi task and prioritize workload, etc.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Coinstar

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Coinstar in September 2011.

I was a current employee at the time and was looking for advancement during the company's restructure. There was a phone call from HR to narrow down those who were qualified for the position. After that, we underwent a conference call phone interview with the newly hired Regional Manager and the Director of Operations. Then the possible candidates were compared to one another. It was down to myself and an external candidate and he was chosen because my management experience was all OJT and he had schooling in Business. That individual struggle with communication and leadership for almost a year. I left the company to pursue my schooling (not encouraged by Coinstar) and he was let go shortly afterwards.

Interview Questions
    • Describe what you would do with an employee in a given situation.   View Answer
    • Are you comfortable firing people?   View Answer