Coinstar

Very Easy Interview

NOC II Interview

NOC II
Bellevue, WA

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Coinstar in July 2011.

Interview Details – I interviewed them. They asked me if I could work graveyard shits. I got the job. The interview was as laughable as the job is. NOC manager is a very interesting character....to say the least.

Interview Questions

• Can you work the grave yard shift?   View Answer
  • Do you have any questions for me?

They technical questions I asked couldn't be answered. The NOC Supervisor didn't even know the simple, everyday, acronyms I was using.
      View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – Simple.

District Manager Interview

District Manager

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Coinstar.

Interview Details – I had initial phone screenings with the same Coinstar recruiter for three different jobs, all at or above Manager level. All three interviews went very well as far as I could tell. Having dealt with Coinstar as a customer for more than 10 years, I know their business better than most outsiders. Therefore, I thought I'd at least get a second interview. At the end of each phone screening, the recruiter told me that he would call me back within a specified period of time to let me know whether I made the cut for the next round. No call! After allowing another 4-5 days go by I had to call him back and ask the status of my application. It was at this point, each time, that I was told that I would not be moving on to the next interview. I understand that every applicant will not be contacted. However, when their recruiter tells you that he will call you back either way, I believe that he is obligated to do just that.

Interview Question – Nothing off the wall. Mostly typical questions about how you have had to multi task and prioritize workload, etc.   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

District Manager
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Coinstar in September 2011.

Interview Details – I was a current employee at the time and was looking for advancement during the company's restructure. There was a phone call from HR to narrow down those who were qualified for the position. After that, we underwent a conference call phone interview with the newly hired Regional Manager and the Director of Operations. Then the possible candidates were compared to one another. It was down to myself and an external candidate and he was chosen because my management experience was all OJT and he had schooling in Business. That individual struggle with communication and leadership for almost a year. I left the company to pursue my schooling (not encouraged by Coinstar) and he was let go shortly afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Describe what you would do with an employee in a given situation.   View Answer
  • Are you comfortable firing people?   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Kennewick, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Coinstar in June 2010.

Interview Details – Sent my resume to hiring company Volt, they responded with their interest, I took a skills test, got called for an interview, had a one on one interview with the lead supervisors, very relaxed and calm, straight forward to the point. Was hired with a few other people within the next couple days. Other employees were welcoming, and helpful to teach us the ropes.

Interview Question – How many days off should an employee get each year?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Coinstar in January 2010.

Interview Details – The first thing they want to do is talk about the job discription and let you know about corporate structure. I found that the job discription changed quite a bit from the posting. The posting indicated that some travel would be needed and interested canidates could work from home.

During the interview I found that the job would require almost 90% of the workload to be spent on the road. It would be better if this was spelled out on the first posting so canidates could make a better assesment of applying. The interviewer quickly caught on to my suprise (as to the amount of travel) and was very understanding. Looks like this might have happened before.

Over all it might be a good job for someone with no family

Interview Question – How do you feel about working on the road 3 weeks + a month   View Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
Bellevue, WA

I applied online - interviewed at Coinstar in May 2010.

Interview Details – Limited knowledge about the future of the company, strategic vision, or what was needed to grow the company most effectively. Nice people, but declined next step due to issues with lead of Marketing

Interview Question – Very generic questions. Seems like her mind was made up about me before I even walked through the door.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – See responses below. Overall, lack of company vision

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Bellevue, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Coinstar in July 2011.

Interview Details – White boarding code

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter
Bellevue, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Coinstar in December 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process was very deliberate and lengthy. It was broken into three different sessions over three different days. The company uses lots of behavior based questions. The recruiters were very professional and respectful. The hiring teams were well prepared and enthusiastic. Dress was business casual. Very nice offices in which to interview.

Interview Question – We've gone through a lot of recruiters. Why would you want to work here?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The compensation was below the rest of the market.

Director Interview

Director
Bellevue, WA

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Coinstar in December 2011.

Interview Details – Simple phone interview to screen viable candidates

Interview Question – What experience do you have viable for this position?   View Answer

Senior Buyer Interview

Senior Buyer
Bellevue, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Coinstar in February 2013.

Interview Details – I was initially very excited at the opportunity to interview here. The interview process was very formal, consisting of separate interviews with various members of the department. Overall, it lasted most of the day. Having rarely been unemployed and having done very few job interviews in the last 20 years, I probably was not the most adept at this very long, formal interview.

Interview Question – Name your 3 biggest weaknesses.   Answer Question

Worked for Coinstar? Contribute to the Community!