Cold Stone Creamery Crew Member Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2015

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Apex, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cold Stone Creamery (Apex, NC) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online and like a month later I got an email from the store's owner to come stop by. It was a really quick interview. He didn't ask many questions. He just kind of told me about what goes on in the store and all the work that has to be done.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cold Stone Creamery

Anonymous Employee in Middleton, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cold Stone Creamery (Middleton, WI) in August 2015.

Interview

Yesterday afternoon, I filled out an extremely simple online application, and received an email to set up an interview withing a few hours. I called and scheduled an interview for early (8 am) the next morning. I was actually interviewed by the owner's wife, and the whole interview took only around 15 minutes. The owner called about 7 hours later to say he would be sending me the link for the online training.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockwall, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cold Stone Creamery (Rockwall, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview but only about 3 people were there. They asked basic questions and told us we would be making the federal youth minimum wage for 90 days, which is $4.25 an hour. Was a very laid back experience and i really like the group interview style because it didnt feel as stressful as a regular style. They were looking for a really upbeat and outgoing person throughout the interview.

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cold Stone Creamery.

Interview

I was locked out of the building even though the owner had told me what time I was expected to be there. Once he unlocked the door he was very rude to me and made me wait for 20 minutes at a table by myself. Despite the fact that he had set up the interview, he was very unprepared... Once we got into the interview he constantly talked over me He acted like I was completely stupid and he was anything but a pleasant individual. He said my availability was "unacceptable for his standards". We worked something out and I was hired on the spot. He gave me my paperwork and my uniform and training manual. And the rest was history.

Interview Questions

• What does responsibility mean to you?   1 Answer

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cold Stone Creamery in June 2015.

Interview

I really enjoy the interview process, despite the fact they didn't contact me for a follow up interview. I received an email two weeks after applying for the job to come in for a group interview. It was a big group, more than twenty I believe. In the email the manager told us to be prepared to sing, so you were told right away that performing is a big part of the job. Before the interview started the manager had the employees perform a well known song that is sung whenever they get a tip. Once they were finished the manger gave everyone a sheet of paper and told is to pick out a song from this Cold Stone list to sing (I did their version of Candy Shop by 50 cent... theirs were call Ice cream shop). It was pretty esay, they let you read from the paper and told you before hand that they wanted to see enthusiasm. After everyone were finished singing a song they grouped us up and told us to pick a current song (it didn't matter what song) and reword it to fit Cold Stone theme. We had a nice amount of time to complete that task (my group did shake it off by Taylor Swift ). When everyone was finished the manger informed us that she is looking for someone with flexible hours, and then the owner of the store told is that out of the 20-23 people they were only accepting three. Before we left we had to write down our availability. Before saying goodbye the manager told the group that she will contact the ones she liked in a few days. As I mentioned above I didn't get a follow up interview. But despite that it was a really fun interview. It really made you want to work there...

Anonymous Employee in West Nyack, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cold Stone Creamery (West Nyack, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

He seemed to ask me a decent amount of questions, but not a ton because I never had a prior job, so he couldn't go off of that. He took notes on my resume during the whole thing, and said I could call the next day to check on the status of me resume; they ended up calling me back telling me I got the position.

Interview Questions

• What did you hear about what it was like working here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Daly City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Cold Stone Creamery (Daly City, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

It was fairly easy. They had me filled out an application that had questions about the job. Afterwards they interviewed me and I was hired on the spot. They asked me about my previous job experience, whether or not I had experience with a cash register, customer service, etc. It was a 1on1 interview with the manager.

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cold Stone Creamery.

Interview

I was contacted by email and asked to come in by the franchise owner. The interview was conducted in the store and lasted about fifteen minutes. The questions were simple, and I was offered a position by the end of the interview.

Crew Member Interview

Interview

Group interview which was very fun and easy. We then introduced ourselves then we got into group and did a skit. The owner was very nice and funny as well

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cold Stone Creamery (Dayton, OH).

Interview

Interview was a large group interview (20+ people) so you are really expected to stand out from the crowd. The interviewers were two shift leaders, the general manager and the regional/district manager & they sat at a table at the front of the room. First, they introduced themselves and the company, then asked each of to introduce ourselves, give our name, age and something interesting about ourselves. Second, one by one we were asked a couple random questions that I'm pretty sure each of the managers made up on the spot. ("How would you sell me the Birthday Cake remix?") Third, we were asked to showcase a talent. (People told Chuck Norris jokes, did stunts like cartwheels or backhand-springs, did "odd" talents.) Fourth, we were asked to choose one of the Coldstone songs to sing (alone.) The script is provided. Finally, we were assigned to groups and asked to come up with choreography for one of the Coldstone songs, given a few minutes to practice and then asked to perform it in front of everyone. Then we were thanked and told we would be called within a week. Overall, don't be nervous about your singing ability; they want to see that you are confident, are willing to have fun and are bubbly/cheerful, not that you are the next Mariah Carey. Also, be confident about whatever talent you choose to showcase--if you decide to tell a joke, really tell it & get into it. Just come of as personable, friendly and self-assured and you will do great! It's very on the spot & highly emphasizes some improv abilities but you don't need to be practiced or an expert to succeed--I wasn't!

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a customer who did not like their creation?   Answer Question