Cold Stone Creamery

Relevance Date Difficulty

Team Member Interview

Team Member
Leominster, MA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Cold Stone Creamery in July 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and got a call back 5 hours later. An interview was scheduled the next day. The interview was basically a getting to know you type. Manager also went over the training process and the training begins at $5.25. After orientation you are at $8.00 and then you can work your way up to $11.00 as the manager.

Interview Question – Would you travel to 2 stores when they need help? One store is in Leominster and the other in Southbourough?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Personal reasons

Part-Time Interview

Part-Time
Appleton, WI

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cold Stone Creamery in July 2013.

Interview Details – Asked me a lot about what I do and like, am I good with people, can I handle angry customers. There was one person getting interviewed when I came in, and another behind me. I was hired on the spot, but he didn't get back to me for almost 3 weeks afterwords.

Interview Question – Asked me to be a cold stone worker and him a customer. Know where things are in the store, know the sizes, mix ins, know where the signatures are. And if they ask where cold stone started it was in Arizona.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Honolulu, HI

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Cold Stone Creamery in June 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewed with a recruiter first, and then the store owner. Each interview was off-site and lasted about 30 minutes. Casual, but intense as that they had a lot of questions, half about my work experience and half about my personal life.

Interview Question – I'm a natural talker, so there weren't any big curve balls or anything, just lots of information: I suppose the hardest to answer might have been about why I wasn't pursuing my other interests instead, since I have many hobbies and work experiences in different fields.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Position advertised salary range and I didn't ask for the top, but went for the middle and they accepted. I probably could have gotten more, but didn't have the exact requirements they originally wanted, so I was happy to get the middle range. I do regret not inquiring more about the implied bonus structure, as that I never did get an explanation of it, so couldn't set goals around it.

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Cold Stone Creamery in February 2014.

Interview Details – This Cold Stone Creamery was very stubborn in the hiring process. I applied online and called in to check if they had reviewed my application and said they didn't. I decided that I should apply in person since they were being so uncooperative.

Interview Question – Can you sing for us?   View Answer

Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cold Stone Creamery in September 2011.

Interview Details – I filled out an application online and then was called in to do a group interview. They had us sing (both together and solo), tell jokes, answer some random questions, we worked in groups at one point. It was pretty easy but there was 11 of us interviewing and they had 9 job openings, so the scales were really tipped in our favors.

Interview Question – What's your favorite Disney Princess?   View Answer

Team Leader Interview

Team Leader

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Cold Stone Creamery in January 2010.

Interview Details – I filled out an application online (my college career website) and I was later called in for an interview. Once I arrived, there were many candidates there. We all had our personal interviews with the manager and then we all came together at the end and performed a Cold Stone song (we were given time to practice)

Interview Question – Um, the questions were appropriate for the job. They asked me who was my favorite super hero and why, what was my most embarrassing moment, and I even had the option to do my loudest scream. They're just looking for someone that is high energy, able to work well in a team environment and be friendly/open.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, everyone starts out an minimum wage and depending on your performance you can get pay increases.

Onalaska, WI

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Cold Stone Creamery in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online, got a call the next day from the manager, interviewed the day after that and was called in to start working that same week. The interview questions were way too easy. Anyone with knowledge of what a manager is looking for would have been able to B/S the questions so easy, otherwise all questions were pretty standard.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No room for negotiation as far as pay or anything else. Everything was pretty set into stone.

Ice Cream Crew Member Interview

Ice Cream Crew Member

I applied online and interviewed at Cold Stone Creamery.

Interview Details – Applied online and got called a month later. I was on vacation and the manager was very nice to wait to set a date for a interview until i came back. Basic interview questions. The manager told me more about her then asked me questions.

Interview Question – Really none, almost as if i was already hired   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – very low pay ($7.25) and no benefits (no free ice cream). I think it was just this location though.

Server Interview

Server
Chula Vista, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Cold Stone Creamery in June 2013.

Interview Details – The Interview process wasn't really hard. the manager interviewed me and didn't even ask me questions. He just told me that I'm hired and I would start the following week. Very unprofessional and didn't really give me information on what to do my job. It was fun to work with my co-workers but they don't really teach you that well at all. Learn everything by yourself

Olathe, KS

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cold Stone Creamery in April 2014.

Interview Details – i applied online and got a call from one of the owners to schedule an interview a day later. i went to the interview the next day. five days later i finally got a call back saying i was hired. i was so happy! i started working two days later.

Interview Question – What do you consider as stealing other than money?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cold Stone Creamery

Worked for Cold Stone Creamery? Contribute to the Community!