Cold Stone Creamery

Updated Dec 12, 2014
Updated Dec 12, 2014

1.8

Crew Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cold Stone Creamery.

Applied online. Got a call back 3 months later, found out they only hire twice a year. Group interview, be social and they will hire you. Be shy and you won't get a call back. You have to sing a song, bust out a dance move, and answer a random question; all in front of your peers. Laugh, be loud, be confident in yourself. Took about a week to call back.

Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cold Stone Creamery.

The hiring and interview process is typically done through a group interview, unless you previously worked for cold stone before. As long as you read through these posts, you have nothing to be nervous for. They want to see you interacting with other potential crew members, it's a test of how well you interact with others, and if you are having fun they will notice and like that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moreno Valley, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moreno Valley, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Cold Stone Creamery.

I happened to get called in to interview at 2 different Cold Stone locations. Each location asked similar questions.

First Location: There were probably 30 applicants attending the group interview and the session was more like an American Idol audition; there were rounds with eliminations. We had to get up in front of the whole group and say jokes, say something interesting about ourselves, and show our best talents. During each round, we were judged by the franchise owner and current employees.

I was not aware of any of this while others were probably given a heads up by friends and thus were more prepared; some brought instruments with them. You do not have to bring a prop to get past this round If you had personality and were outgoing, you passed.

The last round was based on how well you can sell a product. You are given a flavor and you have to sell it to the "customer" who was a current employee.

Second Location: There were only 4 of us being interviewed. Similar questions, but not in an audition format. We were interviewed by the two managers for that location.

Interview Questions
    • Please show us a talent of yours on the spot and make yourself stick out from a group of 30 applicants.   Answer Question

Ice Cream Scooper Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Cold Stone Creamery.

They just really want to make sure you are friendly.Customer service is important ...they ask you a lot of questions about dealing with people. I feel like I could have been a bit more personable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marysville, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marysville, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cold Stone Creamery.

They called this large group interview an "audition," where we each got up and said something about ourselves, then sang one of their songs, made up a song in small groups, then sang one on your own. Super easy interview as long as you don't have stage fright and can be outspoken. Also helps to know current employees.

Interview Questions
    • Make up a song about Cold Stone and sing it in front of everyone by yourself...   Answer Question
    Minimum wage, no negotiation

Team Member Interview

I went in and scheduled an interview after applying. The only thing worth noting about the interview is that I was asked to write with icing. All the other questions were questions that would be asked in any interview. I didn't get the job, and the manager called to let me know, which I appreciated.

Crew Member Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cold Stone Creamery in August 2014.

Applied online heard back in 2 days about an interview. Went in. Not much of an interview. Was given papers to fill out. I was told I would be opening the store, no supervision. That scared me, so I declined in the end. Not enough training, pay, and too much responsibility and the possibility to have to cover someone else's shift and close. No thanks. Interviewer was super nice though.

Interview Questions

Pay, working alone, not enough pay.

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leominster, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leominster, MA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cold Stone Creamery in July 2014.

Applied online and got a call back 5 hours later. An interview was scheduled the next day. The interview was basically a getting to know you type. Manager also went over the training process and the training begins at $5.25. After orientation you are at $8.00 and then you can work your way up to $11.00 as the manager.

Interview Questions
    • Would you travel to 2 stores when they need help? One store is in Leominster and the other in Southbourough?   Answer Question

Personal reasons

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cerritos, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cerritos, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cold Stone Creamery in July 2014.

I applied online but they didn't get back to me for a while so I walked in store and they told me to apply online. Again. So I did and they called me back for a group interview about 1.5 weeks later. I stupidly showed up in pants and a t-shirt and majority of the other candidates were dressed in sharp business attire. There were about 21 of us all together, however, 2 people dropped out when they told us to sing a 15-20 second song. The audition wasn't personalized, they gave us a number and told us to say one interesting thing about ourselves and where we went to school. Then they put us into groups and we had to come up with a skit. They said they would call us in a week. I haven't received a call yet but it's been exactly a week today.

Interview Questions
    • Name one interesting thing we wouldn't see just by looking at your application.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coconut Creek, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coconut Creek, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Cold Stone Creamery in July 2014.

I applied online and a month later I got an email about Cold Stone auditions. I got there and there were about 70 people auditioning for 5-7 jobs. The audition was from 10-1 and was outside (during summer in Florida… eek!). I suggest you bring water unless you are certain the audition will be held inside. The audition consisted of three stages, a interview, singing a Cold Stone song, and then the group skit. The interview is when you stood up in front of everyone else auditioning, and the manager would ask you about 3 questions. Age, Why do you want to work for us, etc. Then, they employees handed out a paper with a few songs on it. You picked one, and they would call you up one by one to sing for them. Lastly, there was a group skit. You were put in a group with 15 minutes to come up with a skit/song for Cold Stone and then perform it in front of everyone. I don't know what they were looking for, but I guess its not fun, outgoing, and energetic.