Cold Stone Creamery Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2015

1.9

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moreno Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cold Stone Creamery (Moreno Valley, CA).

Interview

I had the interview in the morning, we had to wait about 15 minutes for one of the co-mangers to get there. As we did our introductions two individuals were coming in and no one said anything that they were late, which I found a bit upsetting since it was a interview. As we did our interviews we had to say something about it whether we went to school,how old we were,etc. Afterwards we did our talents what we could do whether or not we can sing,dance,etc. Then it was working in a group and coming up with a slogan. Overall, I had a very unpleasant interview, it seemed almost like we were being bought off based on whether or not we can sing or dance regardless if we had background experience or maybe I'm being a prude, I don't know.

Interview Questions

• What do you do as soon as a customer comes in ?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, AR

Application

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Cold Stone Creamery (Fayetteville, AR) in May 2015.

Interview

The manager emailed me a few days later to set up an interview. I walk in to the store for my interview later that week, and the manager totally forgot we had scheduled one! He was very unprepared, and asked me basic questions and "what would you do" scenarios. At the end of the interview, the manager told me if I wasn't contacted with in the next week to email him. I emailed him, and never got a reply as to if someone else had gotten the job.

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cold Stone Creamery (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I interviewed at this place thinking of making this my second job. The person interviewing me was this asian guy. He seemed really chill but some of the questions for the interview were not ones I expected at all so I wasn't really prepared and I know I did bad. He said he would get in contact with me "by the end of the week." Lol yeah right. A week has passed and I still have not gotten any call back telling me if I got the job or not. I assumed I didnt but really, cant you at least call back your job candidates to let them know about their application statuses? Really unprofessional of them.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cold Stone Creamery (Tucson, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

We met at the store. We had to wait about 20 minutes for the managers to show. There were 17 people for the group interview, including myself. It was long, it took 2 hours for it to be over. The managers were pretty rude. Obviously showed favoritism to a fee people. But they just said to introduce yourself. List hobbies, and why you want to work there. Then you got into a group and performed a song.

Staff Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cold Stone Creamery (Riverside, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview, about 15 people. We were lined up at the store and one by one were were required to say our name, age, and school attended. After we introduced our selves we did "bust a move" where you do anything, and after that you sing an a song. The last part is being divided up into groups and making up and performing a song that had to do with ice cream. I didn't like this "audition" because they can't really see how you are or how well you work because they did not ask any wok questions or how well you do in certain situations. I am in my early 20's and there were only 3 of us who weren't teenagers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moreno Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cold Stone Creamery (Moreno Valley, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Began with an audition where about fifteen applicants introduced themselves, sang a song, did a fifteen second "Bust-a-Move", and then were broken up into groups, each of which had to come up with and choreograph a short song/dance. After that we got our pictures taken for the file and left. You then get called back with around ten other people for individual interviews, where they ask you a little bit more about yourself and what you can bring to the table. Finally you will get called back for a full orientation and tour of the work area if you are selected from the group. After that, you do the online training at home then come in for on-site training.

Interview Questions

• Can you work well under pressure?   1 Answer

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cold Stone Creamery.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call the next week. Met with the franchise owner(not the manager which was weird) at the store. She reviewed my application and asked standard interview questions on experience and availability then more specific questions on how I would handle situations if I was hired. Unlike some franchises, I was not requested to sing a jingle (a lot of cold stone interviews do this I hear) It was simple and straightforward.

Interview Questions

• What is more important: quality of product or customer service?   1 Answer
    • How would you deal with a coworker who was performing a task differently than trained?   1 Answer
    • If it is 1 minute til close and there is no one in the store would you lock the door early or stay open?   Answer Question
    • If a customer claims you short changed them by 50 cents what would you do?   Answer Question
    • If a customer is dissatisfied with their ice cream how would you respond?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cold Stone Creamery.

Interview

Really easy simple questions. I walked in and the manager was sitting at a table before opening. We shook hands and then began the interview process. The only question that was out of the ordinary was could I decorate cakes. I wasn't expecging it whatsoever

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience decorating birthday cakes?   1 Answer

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cold Stone Creamery (Aurora, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was pretty quick and simple. Many basic questions like why do you want to work here. But mainly they told you the work experience at cold stone. This I guess did not give you the job. Over all it was pretty easy though.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orem, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cold Stone Creamery (Orem, UT) in February 2015.

Interview

Where I'm at, Cold Stone is in the same place as another store that they work closely with. Without telling me, the other store grabbed my application to hire me. The manager was very friendly and easy to talk to, and asked me some simple questions. She said she liked how confident my voice was and that I had a "bubbly" personality. I was hired on the spot and started the next week. Side note: nobody told me I worked for the other store until the confusion on my first day. They're friendly, but very unorganized.

Interview Questions

• What makes someone a good leader?   1 Answer
    • How can you make customers feel welcome?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Ask about what the starting pay will be. I wasn't told what I would be getting until I asked 2 weeks later.