Cold Stone Creamery

Updated Aug 18, 2014

1.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cold Stone Creamery in September 2011.

I filled out an application online and then was called in to do a group interview. They had us sing (both together and solo), tell jokes, answer some random questions, we worked in groups at one point. It was pretty easy but there was 11 of us interviewing and they had 9 job openings, so the scales were really tipped in our favors.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Onalaska, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Onalaska, WI

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Cold Stone Creamery in May 2014.

I applied online, got a call the next day from the manager, interviewed the day after that and was called in to start working that same week. The interview questions were way too easy. Anyone with knowledge of what a manager is looking for would have been able to B/S the questions so easy, otherwise all questions were pretty standard.

Interview Questions
    No room for negotiation as far as pay or anything else. Everything was pretty set into stone.

Team Leader Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Cold Stone Creamery in January 2010.

I filled out an application online (my college career website) and I was later called in for an interview. Once I arrived, there were many candidates there. We all had our personal interviews with the manager and then we all came together at the end and performed a Cold Stone song (we were given time to practice)

Interview Questions
    • Um, the questions were appropriate for the job. They asked me who was my favorite super hero and why, what was my most embarrassing moment, and I even had the option to do my loudest scream. They're just looking for someone that is high energy, able to work well in a team environment and be friendly/open.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation, everyone starts out an minimum wage and depending on your performance you can get pay increases.

Ice Cream Crew Member Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Cold Stone Creamery.

Applied online and got called a month later. I was on vacation and the manager was very nice to wait to set a date for a interview until i came back. Basic interview questions. The manager told me more about her then asked me questions.

Interview Questions

very low pay ($7.25) and no benefits (no free ice cream). I think it was just this location though.

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chula Vista, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chula Vista, CA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Cold Stone Creamery in June 2013.

The Interview process wasn't really hard. the manager interviewed me and didn't even ask me questions. He just told me that I'm hired and I would start the following week. Very unprofessional and didn't really give me information on what to do my job. It was fun to work with my co-workers but they don't really teach you that well at all. Learn everything by yourself

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Olathe, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cold Stone Creamery in April 2014.

i applied online and got a call from one of the owners to schedule an interview a day later. i went to the interview the next day. five days later i finally got a call back saying i was hired. i was so happy! i started working two days later.

Crew Member Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Cold Stone Creamery.

Was a group interview. Very easy. Pretty much hired on the spot.

Shift Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Cold Stone Creamery in August 2011.

If you are a part time student, which most of their workers are, your best bet would be to apply in person or go to one of their group interview sessions. Applying online will most likely get you nowhere or you won't ever get a phone call back.

Interview Questions
    • They will make you sing a song since they sing for tips.   View Answer

Shift Leader Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Cold Stone Creamery.

As far as my interview, it was not normal. I just kind of walked in and got the job. Didn't really have an interview since they needed people, bad. So I lucked out. As far as while I was there under a different manager. He didn't know what he was doing and as long as you smiled and said you work well with people. You're a shoe in.

Crew Member Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Cold Stone Creamery.

Just explained process as if already hired.