Coldwell Banker

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Oxford, CT

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Coldwell Banker in July 2011.

Interview Details – This position was advertised as part-time, but the number of hours was not included in the job description. I found out on the interview that the position would never exceed 20 hours per week. I was interviewed by the manager and the full-time administrative manager. They were very upfront with what they expected and what they didn't want. They told me that although they have a cleaning team in twice per week they often have to clean. For example, washing the front windows which are covered with listings taped to the window. The tape gets stuck to the windows when they change them (which I assume creates fingerprints) and also need to be cleaned from salt/sand in the winter. They told me not to talk to the agents. They both said given the opportunity the agents will tend to chat, look for sympathy, and occasionally need “a hug”! They asked if I had small children. They don't like the use of sticky notes.

Interview Question – None were difficult   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Waltham, MA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Coldwell Banker in May 2011.

Interview Details – my interviewer did not ask me any questions about my previous experiece and skills. She only told me there were 3 more people to interview and she would call for a second interview. But how am I going to have a chance if you did not even wanted to know more about me???

Interview Question – that was exactly the problem, no question was asked...   View Answer

Administrative Assistant

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Coldwell Banker in June 2007.

Interview Details – I saw an ad in the local newspaper and faxed my resume to the company. They called me pretty much the next day and asked me to come in for an interview. I was interviewed by 2 department managers first and then by the general manager all on the same day. The department managers asked me "why I want to work for them? and similar questions. It seemed like they didn't have much interviewing experience. The interview with the general manager was a behavioral type interview where I was asked to relate my previous experience in customer service by providing specific examples..

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you exceeded the customer's expectations and what did you do?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a very difficult customer and how did you handle him/her?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Definitely negotiate your starting salary. The earning potential is pretty low; therefore, it is very important how much you start out with.

Administrative Assistant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Coldwell Banker in December 2009.

Interview Details – It was a very simple process with only a request for a resume. Following the resume, my boss asked me to come in for an informal interview. My boss wanted to make sure I understood what the job entailed: marketing, administrative duties, etc. My previous administrative experience made me a highly qualified candidate.

Interview Question – Do you have any previous real estate experience?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Coldwell Banker

Worked for Coldwell Banker? Contribute to the Community!