Coldwell Banker Administrative Assistant Interview Questions

1.5

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oxford, CT
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, CT

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Coldwell Banker in July 2011.

This position was advertised as part-time, but the number of hours was not included in the job description. I found out on the interview that the position would never exceed 20 hours per week. I was interviewed by the manager and the full-time administrative manager. They were very upfront with what they expected and what they didn't want. They told me that although they have a cleaning team in twice per week they often have to clean. For example, washing the front windows which are covered with listings taped to the window. The tape gets stuck to the windows when they change them (which I assume creates fingerprints) and also need to be cleaned from salt/sand in the winter. They told me not to talk to the agents. They both said given the opportunity the agents will tend to chat, look for sympathy, and occasionally need “a hug”! They asked if I had small children. They don't like the use of sticky notes.

Other Interview Reviews for Coldwell Banker

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Waltham, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Coldwell Banker in May 2011.

my interviewer did not ask me any questions about my previous experiece and skills. She only told me there were 3 more people to interview and she would call for a second interview. But how am I going to have a chance if you did not even wanted to know more about me???

Interview Questions
    • that was exactly the problem, no question was asked...   View Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Coldwell Banker in June 2007.

I saw an ad in the local newspaper and faxed my resume to the company. They called me pretty much the next day and asked me to come in for an interview. I was interviewed by 2 department managers first and then by the general manager all on the same day. The department managers asked me "why I want to work for them? and similar questions. It seemed like they didn't have much interviewing experience. The interview with the general manager was a behavioral type interview where I was asked to relate my previous experience in customer service by providing specific examples..

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you exceeded the customer's expectations and what did you do?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a very difficult customer and how did you handle him/her?   Answer Question
    Definitely negotiate your starting salary. The earning potential is pretty low; therefore, it is very important how much you start out with.

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Coldwell Banker in December 2009.

It was a very simple process with only a request for a resume. Following the resume, my boss asked me to come in for an informal interview. My boss wanted to make sure I understood what the job entailed: marketing, administrative duties, etc. My previous administrative experience made me a highly qualified candidate.

Interview Questions

Worked for Coldwell Banker? Contribute to the Community!