Coldwell Banker Administrative Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2015
Updated Feb 23, 2015

1.6

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Coldwell Banker (Orland Park, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

Called in for an interview with the office manager and the main administrative assistant. Sat down with the two of them in the conference room for about a 15 minute meeting. Casual, low-key. I met with them on casual Friday. Felt a little awkward in my suit with the staff in their CB sweatshirts :)

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Coldwell Banker

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Coldwell Banker (Oxford, CT) in July 2011.

Interview

This position was advertised as part-time, but the number of hours was not included in the job description. I found out on the interview that the position would never exceed 20 hours per week. I was interviewed by the manager and the full-time administrative manager. They were very upfront with what they expected and what they didn't want. They told me that although they have a cleaning team in twice per week they often have to clean. For example, washing the front windows which are covered with listings taped to the window. The tape gets stuck to the windows when they change them (which I assume creates fingerprints) and also need to be cleaned from salt/sand in the winter. They told me not to talk to the agents. They both said given the opportunity the agents will tend to chat, look for sympathy, and occasionally need “a hug”! They asked if I had small children. They don't like the use of sticky notes.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Coldwell Banker (Waltham, MA) in May 2011.

Interview

my interviewer did not ask me any questions about my previous experiece and skills. She only told me there were 3 more people to interview and she would call for a second interview. But how am I going to have a chance if you did not even wanted to know more about me???

Interview Questions

• that was exactly the problem, no question was asked...   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Coldwell Banker in June 2007.

Interview

I saw an ad in the local newspaper and faxed my resume to the company. They called me pretty much the next day and asked me to come in for an interview. I was interviewed by 2 department managers first and then by the general manager all on the same day. The department managers asked me "why I want to work for them? and similar questions. It seemed like they didn't have much interviewing experience. The interview with the general manager was a behavioral type interview where I was asked to relate my previous experience in customer service by providing specific examples..

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you exceeded the customer's expectations and what did you do?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a very difficult customer and how did you handle him/her?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Definitely negotiate your starting salary. The earning potential is pretty low; therefore, it is very important how much you start out with.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Coldwell Banker in December 2009.

Interview

It was a very simple process with only a request for a resume. Following the resume, my boss asked me to come in for an informal interview. My boss wanted to make sure I understood what the job entailed: marketing, administrative duties, etc. My previous administrative experience made me a highly qualified candidate.