Coldwell Banker Interview Questions & Reviews

2.0

Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Daly City, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Daly City, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Coldwell Banker in July 2014.

They don't do an interview they do a sales pitch where they promise wonders. However they put you in a room with people with all sorts of backgrounds like they do not appreciate our college degrees

Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Reno, NV
    Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Coldwell Banker in March 2014.

Found the job on craigslist, and they took about a week to get back to me. The interview was pretty basic and lasted about 40 min. Asked me about my typing skills and if i had a car and my phone skills. Overall after the inperson interview they said that was just the start of the hiring process and it would be "quick" 45 days

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were pretty basic, they asked a lot about my previous work experience   Answer Question

The hiring process was going to take a lot longer (about 45 days) for the part time job i was looking for

Support Aid Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Coldwell Banker in April 2010.

2 interviews, straightforward discussion of resume qualifications, asked scenario questions of typical situations.

Sales Manager Interview

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Coldwell Banker.

Was contacted by sales Executive in Tokyo for new opening. Was already in Japan and arranged to meet with first hiring staff for q's about my experience. Then asked to come back.
    The second time I met the Owner. We talked about salary and I got hired.. From there I continued to evolve my responsibilities in a Japanese company..

Receptionist Interview

Very easy and low key.

Office Administrator/Marketing Coordinator Interview

Contract job, very informal, lots of realtors are just looking for a personal marketing person

Realtor Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Coldwell Banker.

Interview process is simple and very informative the managing broker and recruiter and owner went into detail informative information on training program and compensation. It was great to really make sure it was a good fit for everyone involved.

Real Estate Agent Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Coldwell Banker.

Spoke with office manager

Real Estate Agent Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Coldwell Banker in June 2013.

E-mail contact, then phone call and set up appointment to meet

Real Estate Agent Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Coldwell Banker.

The first step of the interview process was through the company website. There was a simulation test with questions regarding real estate transactions and mortgage calculations. The simulation also included videos that you critiqued on whether or not the situation was handled properly and if it wasn't you were asked to explain what you would have done in that situation. Once the test was submitted and reviewed, I was contacted by the hiring manager and had a casual phone interview. It covered items like previous work experience and why you want to be a real estate agent. At the end of the phone interview an in person interview was scheduled for a few days later. It also was casual and friendly. I met the Managing Broker immediately after the in person interview and signed the papers to begin working with the company.

Interview Questions
    • Since this is strictly a commission position, the hiring agent is more interested in how you present yourself and your personality so they can match you with the best Managing Broker for you to work with. So there were no hard questions.   Answer Question
    There was not a lot of room for negotiation. It is strictly a commission job, the commission is referred to as a split with the company. It is a tiered commission split where the more money the agent makes, the higher the agents percentage of the split is. You can ask the company to pay for your customized A-boards or customized business cards.

Worked for Coldwell Banker? Contribute to the Community!