Coldwell Banker Real Estate Agent Interview Questions

2.0

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Real Estate Agent Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Coldwell Banker.

Spoke with office manager

Other Interview Reviews for Coldwell Banker

Real Estate Agent Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Coldwell Banker in June 2013.

E-mail contact, then phone call and set up appointment to meet

Real Estate Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Coldwell Banker.

The first step of the interview process was through the company website. There was a simulation test with questions regarding real estate transactions and mortgage calculations. The simulation also included videos that you critiqued on whether or not the situation was handled properly and if it wasn't you were asked to explain what you would have done in that situation. Once the test was submitted and reviewed, I was contacted by the hiring manager and had a casual phone interview. It covered items like previous work experience and why you want to be a real estate agent. At the end of the phone interview an in person interview was scheduled for a few days later. It also was casual and friendly. I met the Managing Broker immediately after the in person interview and signed the papers to begin working with the company.

Interview Questions
    • Since this is strictly a commission position, the hiring agent is more interested in how you present yourself and your personality so they can match you with the best Managing Broker for you to work with. So there were no hard questions.   Answer Question
    There was not a lot of room for negotiation. It is strictly a commission job, the commission is referred to as a split with the company. It is a tiered commission split where the more money the agent makes, the higher the agents percentage of the split is. You can ask the company to pay for your customized A-boards or customized business cards.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

The process took a day - interviewed at Coldwell Banker in December 2010.

The interview is conducted Branch Manager and if you are comfortable with them, you are in, just move your license.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Locust Valley, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Locust Valley, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Coldwell Banker in September 2009.

Great Manager. Interview was pretty basic. Asking questions about background and seeing if I had a good enough personality for a sales job. They then offer you a position. Two weeks of real estate classes follow. Then the New York State real estate exam for certification. Overall not too difficult. The whole process took about 2 months. Then there is a week of Coldwell Banker specific training. Great Staff. Everyone is friendly and helpful. It is a commitment though like every other full time job.

Interview Questions
    Pay is solely comissioned based.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Coldwell Banker in June 2009.

Very simple, get in contact with a manager of one of the offices, then set up a time for an interview. Good agents are always in demand

Interview Questions
    For a beginning agent, there is almost no negotiation. For an experienced agent, there is plenty of room for negotiation.

Real Estate Agent Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Coldwell Banker in October 2009.

I went into the office as a walk-in, no appointment. The broker in charge of recruiting new agents saw me immediately and did the interview. I was given a tour and introduced to every person we came into contact with (agents, receptionists, marketing staff, etc.). There wasn't much talk of fees, mainly just alot of info about the company's standing in the marketplace. Everyone was very charismatic and receptive, but I'd recommend taking a list of questions about the fees and be sure to get specific answers.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked if I had any questions about the company..   View Answer

Real Estate Agent Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Coldwell Banker in January 2009.

I meet with a local broker and we went over the job describtion. It is pretty much up the person if you want to take the job or not.

Interview Questions

Worked for Coldwell Banker? Contribute to the Community!