Coldwell Banker

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Real Estate Agent

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Coldwell Banker.

Interview Details – Spoke with office manager

Real Estate Agent

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Coldwell Banker in June 2013.

Interview Details – E-mail contact, then phone call and set up appointment to meet

Interview Question – Probably the personality test   View Answer

Real Estate Agent

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Coldwell Banker.

Interview Details – The first step of the interview process was through the company website. There was a simulation test with questions regarding real estate transactions and mortgage calculations. The simulation also included videos that you critiqued on whether or not the situation was handled properly and if it wasn't you were asked to explain what you would have done in that situation. Once the test was submitted and reviewed, I was contacted by the hiring manager and had a casual phone interview. It covered items like previous work experience and why you want to be a real estate agent. At the end of the phone interview an in person interview was scheduled for a few days later. It also was casual and friendly. I met the Managing Broker immediately after the in person interview and signed the papers to begin working with the company.

Interview Question – Since this is strictly a commission position, the hiring agent is more interested in how you present yourself and your personality so they can match you with the best Managing Broker for you to work with. So there were no hard questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was not a lot of room for negotiation. It is strictly a commission job, the commission is referred to as a split with the company. It is a tiered commission split where the more money the agent makes, the higher the agents percentage of the split is. You can ask the company to pay for your customized A-boards or customized business cards.

Very Easy Interview

Tampa, FL

The process took a day - interviewed at Coldwell Banker in December 2010.

Interview Details – The interview is conducted Branch Manager and if you are comfortable with them, you are in, just move your license.

Interview Questions

Locust Valley, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Coldwell Banker in September 2009.

Interview Details – Great Manager. Interview was pretty basic. Asking questions about background and seeing if I had a good enough personality for a sales job. They then offer you a position. Two weeks of real estate classes follow. Then the New York State real estate exam for certification. Overall not too difficult. The whole process took about 2 months. Then there is a week of Coldwell Banker specific training. Great Staff. Everyone is friendly and helpful. It is a commitment though like every other full time job.

Interview Question – How would you create a client base?   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – Pay is solely comissioned based.

Houston, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Coldwell Banker in June 2009.

Interview Details – Very simple, get in contact with a manager of one of the offices, then set up a time for an interview. Good agents are always in demand

Interview Question – How would you begin your real estate career?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – For a beginning agent, there is almost no negotiation. For an experienced agent, there is plenty of room for negotiation.

Real Estate Agent

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Coldwell Banker in October 2009.

Interview Details – I went into the office as a walk-in, no appointment. The broker in charge of recruiting new agents saw me immediately and did the interview. I was given a tour and introduced to every person we came into contact with (agents, receptionists, marketing staff, etc.). There wasn't much talk of fees, mainly just alot of info about the company's standing in the marketplace. Everyone was very charismatic and receptive, but I'd recommend taking a list of questions about the fees and be sure to get specific answers.

Interview Question – I was asked if I had any questions about the company..   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Real Estate Agent

The process took a day - interviewed at Coldwell Banker in January 2009.

Interview Details – I meet with a local broker and we went over the job describtion. It is pretty much up the person if you want to take the job or not.

Interview Question – Do you like to sale?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Coldwell Banker

Worked for Coldwell Banker? Contribute to the Community!