Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage

2.7

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis, MD

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage in September 2014.

Very difficult, it is challenging to find the right words of why someone wants to get into real estate and what their motives are and what is the right fit for the office and culture.

Interview Questions
    • Explain your job history even in a difficult time in the country.   Answer Question
    Attend real estate school then get licensed.

Marketing Coordinator (Or Office Assistant, Still Very Unclear) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage in July 2014.

I spoke with the office's main realtor on the phone, and came in for the interview the very next day. He spoke highly of the office and the success it was having and was boastful about his accomplishments. I looked at a few newspaper articles with his picture on them. He showed me all of the email responses he had received from the job posting, I think in an effort to persuade me to believe this job was a hot commodity, and that I would be lucky to have it. He berated other employees throughout the interview process, and was a bit abrasive, asking several questions that had to do with my sexuality, marital status, and race. He never explained the role, and I gathered that it was so he could keep it open and change it as he went.

Interview Questions
    • He didn't ask me any questions about myself other than if I had a significant other, was married, had kids, what my schedule was like, and my compensation requirements.   Answer Question

I was offered less than $10 an hour with a vague commission package that had no outline or detail as to what was required to receive that commission, only that the "potential was great." When I inquired about this, I never received a response. The whole situation was so sketchy.

Regional Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, CA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage.

Initial contact came shortly after submission. The process was a little slow, but HR was responsive every time I contacted them to check on the status. Process included: phone screen, online assessment, two in-person interviews and a panel presentation. It was a very thorough process, and everyone was really great throughout. Everyone I met with was very friendly and encouraging, which made the fact that it took longer much easier to manage. After seeing some positions filled very quickly and not getting a good fit, I appreciated the thoroughness, since it shows they really want to make sure to get the right people as part of the team.

Interview Questions
    • I was given powerpoint slides only - no notes - and had to use the information on it to create a 30 minute presentation with a 15 minute Q&A. The questions were staged and I felt I fielded them well. Then they changed gears with the last question back to a standard interview "why should we hire you?"   Answer Question

Licensed Real Estate Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage in June 2014.

It was a very hard interview. They had two brokers asking me why I wanted to be here.one asked all the questions and the other just glared and kept taking notes. It was very dis arming

Compensation

Realtor Interview

Met with Manager and Owner of Brokerage.

Realtor Interview

Met with the branch manager in the Newton office. Great information about the company, lots of motivation.... Definitely to be considered

Still thinking about it.

Sales Person Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morristown, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morristown, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage.

Job interview was with Branch Manager. I had no previous experience as a realtor. They didn't ask any tough questions. Most of it was just a conversation to get to know me. Since pay is 100% commission there is not much downside to hiring anyone who walks in the door.

No negotiation. You are paid if you close on houses. You are not paid if you don't.

Real Estate Agent Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage.

Commission based. They will take anyone with a real estate license and the $ to buy in

Interview Questions

Cost too much in office fees, training fees, association fees. Difficult to earn income in first year(s).

Office Administrator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage in October 2013.

Submitted initial online application with cover letter, then received email from HR about having an initial phone interview/screening. A few days later received an email about scheduling a face-to-face interview in the place of business. Had the interview with the Field Op Supervisor and Manager of the office, both very friendly and asked good questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schererville, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schererville, IN

I applied through other source – interviewed at Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage in September 2013.

Be prepared to ask the manager many questions. You are basically interviewing them, so do your homework.

Interview Questions
    • They might ask you hard hard you're willing to work because you'll only make as much as the effort you give it.   Answer Question