Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage

Updated Jul 8, 2015

2.4

Receptionist/Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage (Portsmouth, NH) in April 2015.

Interview

Very easy interview. Recruiter called me first did a phone interview, then a week later they called me for an in person interview. Didn't ask hard questions, said they would call in a week never called.. called them twice to check status of my interview no response, they didn't even send an email saying I didn't get the position..

Interview Questions

• Do you have any realty expierence?   1 Answer

Real Estate Agent Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage.

Interview

depends on manager, most will be conversational to get a sense of you as a person. Real estate agents can be very successful with a wide range of personalities. You will be asked what social contacts, groups, clubs, memberships you have that would be the likely source of your first clients

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about being rejected, ie, not getting the sale or listing?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage.

Interview

Clear information given on how to start out. Great coaching provided when needed - excellent technical online tools to help those who want/need it. Awesome set of lead development tools to help business grow. Many expert agents always available to provide on hand advice - no question was too small or too big. Great team spirit.

Interview Questions

• Every transaction is unique, so flexibility and patience is required   Answer Question

Negotiation

depends on experience

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis, MD

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage (Annapolis, MD) in September 2014.

Interview

Very difficult, it is challenging to find the right words of why someone wants to get into real estate and what their motives are and what is the right fit for the office and culture.

Interview Questions

• Explain your job history even in a difficult time in the country.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Attend real estate school then get licensed.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in July 2014.

Interview

I spoke with the office's main realtor on the phone, and came in for the interview the very next day. He spoke highly of the office and the success it was having and was boastful about his accomplishments. I looked at a few newspaper articles with his picture on them. He showed me all of the email responses he had received from the job posting, I think in an effort to persuade me to believe this job was a hot commodity, and that I would be lucky to have it. He berated other employees throughout the interview process, and was a bit abrasive, asking several questions that had to do with my sexuality, marital status, and race. He never explained the role, and I gathered that it was so he could keep it open and change it as he went.

Interview Questions

• He didn't ask me any questions about myself other than if I had a significant other, was married, had kids, what my schedule was like, and my compensation requirements.   Answer Question

I was offered less than $10 an hour with a vague commission package that had no outline or detail as to what was required to receive that commission, only that the "potential was great." When I inquired about this, I never received a response. The whole situation was so sketchy.

Regional Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Concord, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage (Concord, CA).

Interview

Initial contact came shortly after submission. The process was a little slow, but HR was responsive every time I contacted them to check on the status. Process included: phone screen, online assessment, two in-person interviews and a panel presentation. It was a very thorough process, and everyone was really great throughout. Everyone I met with was very friendly and encouraging, which made the fact that it took longer much easier to manage. After seeing some positions filled very quickly and not getting a good fit, I appreciated the thoroughness, since it shows they really want to make sure to get the right people as part of the team.

Interview Questions

• I was given powerpoint slides only - no notes - and had to use the information on it to create a 30 minute presentation with a 15 minute Q&A. The questions were staged and I felt I fielded them well. Then they changed gears with the last question back to a standard interview "why should we hire you?"   Answer Question

Licensed Real Estate Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage (Long Beach, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

It was a very hard interview. They had two brokers asking me why I wanted to be here.one asked all the questions and the other just glared and kept taking notes. It was very dis arming

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Compensation

Realtor Interview

Interview

Met with Manager and Owner of Brokerage.

Realtor Interview

Interview

Met with the branch manager in the Newton office. Great information about the company, lots of motivation.... Definitely to be considered

Still thinking about it.

Sales Person Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morristown, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage (Morristown, NJ).

Interview

Job interview was with Branch Manager. I had no previous experience as a realtor. They didn't ask any tough questions. Most of it was just a conversation to get to know me. Since pay is 100% commission there is not much downside to hiring anyone who walks in the door.

Negotiation

No negotiation. You are paid if you close on houses. You are not paid if you don't.