Cole Haan

Updated Oct 30, 2014
Updated Oct 30, 2014

2.5

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cole Haan.

Make sure you are aware of the company and their background and how and when they started. Need to know what makes you stand out from your peers. Need to dress very fashionable and up to date.

Interview Questions
    • What are cole haan's values and how can you portray them ?   Answer Question

Sales Associate, Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Marcos, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Marcos, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cole Haan.

I talked to the manager in person, then applied online. Interviewed a few days later and was offered a position over the phone the day after my interview. Background check and on boarding took about a week or two. Extremely positive experience. Interviewer was excited and wanted to help me get the better position and develop me into a manager. I look forward to working with them!!

Interview Questions
    • Why did you pick Cole Haan and what do you know about the brand?   View Answer
    Manager offered me a keyholder position at $2.50 more than my current job's pay and 15 more hours a week. I accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cole Haan.

I had an interview but it seemed like it was just a courtesy or for show. The HR person who interviewed me when I went to corporate didn't seem interested in me or helping my career. they had their nose in the air like I should stay at retail but that is not reflective of everyone else or the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cole Haan.

The whole interview process was pretty simple. I applied online and get a call a week later and set-up an interview. The questions were pretty simple. They do look at how your dress so dress up, show your style but nothing over the top.

Store Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cole Haan.

I was recruited by Cole Haan. I was not familiar with the company at that time. My first phone interview lasted over an hour and focused on my customer service skills and on how I manage people. At that time an in person interview with the District Manager was scheduled. The interview with the District Manager went well. The focus was again on customer service and management style but loss prevention was added. I had 3 more phone interviews with the area manager, HR, and the head of store operations.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any questions that were hard or unexpected.   Answer Question
    I was offered via phone after business hours so it was theoretical. "If I was to offer you a position at this rate of pay starting on this date would you accept?" I said yes and we agreed to meet with an official letter 2 days later. I was offered what I was asking for so I didn't feel the need to negotiate.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cole Haan.

phone call for face to face interview if they like you they may call the same day

Part Time Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cole Haan.

I called and she gave me a hold FOREVER. Then, I tried to get more information about the job and she brushed me off. The whole thing was very messy, unorganized, and cold.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cole Haan in December 2013.

Open house.Basic interview questions

Freelancer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Cole Haan in October 2013.

One interview with two designers, one was the manager. They were both very professional, had good questions, and followed up with me as they said they would.

Interview Questions
    • What category did I prefer working with the most? Dangerous question, because, they are hoping you'll say what they need the most.   Answer Question
    Went through an agency, so they probably paid twice as much as I got from the agency..oh well, but it was great to work with them, even at a reduced rate.

Store Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cole Haan.

5 interviews, all on phone except one in person. I had noticed an opening online, the Coe haan website, and applied. A few days later received a call from their HR recruiter. Overall process, initial interview to offer, was about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    They offered slightly less then what I was asking in salary. It was not a lengthy debate.