Coleman Research Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2015
Updated Apr 13, 2015

2.5

Expert Network Development Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Coleman Research.

Interview

I applied online and heard back around a week later that they wanted me to submit a video response to questions. It was pretty simple with mostly easy personality questions and you could rerecord your responses. Around 3 days later I received an email saying I was no longer being considered.

Research Associate Interview

Interview

Phone interview followed by in-person process. Met with various project managers/one other research associate who explained what the process was like going forward. All very easy and normal questions that didn't require much preparation -- behavioral and ethical questions.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Coleman Research.

Interview

Interview was 30 min, no company overview, but asked for my 'about me' right away. Was brief in responses to my questions. Asked typical strengths and weakness question and what your work day looks like.
    Looking for personality fit.

Interview Questions

• Describe how we arrange client meetings and how we obtain clients (wanted detailed explanation of business model)   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Coleman Research (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process is comprehensive but human. You'll meet with the manager responsible for hiring and the HR folks for normal paperwork. They are looking for someone who can do the work and fit the team.

Interview Questions

• There were no trick or difficult questions. They wanted to know what I knew about my responsibilities and were happy with complete answers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Work with your hiring manager. They have some flexibility for people with the right skills.

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Coleman Research.

Interview

Applied online and in about 2 weeks got an email saying I was selected for an online interview. Interview was on the computer and was just me recording answers to questions could redo the video before submitting it. Questions were easy behavioral questions mostly and I never heard back from them.

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Coleman Research.

Interview

I applied online and received an email the next week asking me to complete an online interview. It wasn't a Skype interview; instead I had to record a 60 second video answer to a few questions online. They were pretty standard questions about non-technical stuff and I was allowed to re-record as many times as I wanted. The next day I got another email to set up a phone interview. The phone interview lasted for an hour and was a pretty good dialogue. I learned a lot about Coleman and the nature of the job. I did a resume walk through and said how I would work through an example work situation. I think they were most interested in my foreign language skills and were hoping I would be able to make calls in German, which I can't yet. Sounds like they're expanding in Raleigh and have some good opportunities. I received an email the next week telling me that I was not going to be asked in for an in person interview.

Recruiting Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Coleman Research (Raleigh, NC) in July 2014.

Interview

I received the enter view request via email. The interview consisted of video recording the answering to 5 questions. I did not like that there was not another person on the other side of the screen, but did appreciate that I could record my answers multiple times if I did not like the finished result.

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Coleman Research in April 2014.

Interview

I applied through my school's career services website. I got an email two weeks later requesting a phone interview. The phone interview was mostly behavioral. Talk me through your resume, what is your biggest strength, etc... Then they asked me "If you had to find out information about the new iPhone without talking to Apple, who would you talk to?"

Interview Questions

• If you had to find out information about the new iPhone without talking to Apple, who would you talk to?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Coleman Research (Raleigh, NC) in March 2014.

Interview

Two in person interviews, one on campus, other on-site. The first interview was mostly behavioral with a brief, easy case, which I walked through with the interviewer. The Second interview consisted of a site visit, with three rounds of interviews, one walkthrough, but all incorporated behavioral elements. The interview process took about three hours total on-site, back-to-back-to-back interviews.

Global Events Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Coleman Research (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Within an hour, was contacted for a phone interview. The phone interview was normal resume walk through and sometime spent with HR going over position. HR seemed very interested in getting "loyal" people - or people that wouldn't quit/look for better work. After the phone interview, I was brought into the office to meet with the team head. Wasn't as much an interview as the team head telling me about the job and its pros (easy hours, good clients) and cons (poor pay, repetitive work). 2 weeks after this interview, I was asked to put together a report/writeup of recent industry events and what industry experts I would use to help generate calls. Came into the office to present my findings to team head and 1 partner. Not many questions - more of a discussion. Was told I would be contacted in a week with good/bad news...never heard back. Didn't bother following up.

People were friendly and nice. Business appears to be doing well and growing. Finding "loyal" people seems to be important there as it was brought up in all of the interviews. They seem to have problems with people doing the job for a few months than moving to different company. The London partner stated "i know you could do the job...but would you want to do the job?" He made it seem like the works sucks...but who knows?

The company isn't traditional equity/securities research, nor does it pretend to be. It has 3 major teams: Research (source experts), Events (generate topics/phone calls for buy-side clients to call into) and Account Management (attract and keep current buy-side clients). The main product is primary research which is done by setting up calls between investors/customers and experts (consultants, former executives, etc).

Interview Questions

• I know you could do the job...but would you want to do the job?   Answer Question