Coles Group

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Assistant

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Coles Group in April 2014.

Interview Details – apply online, phone call, interview and offer

Interview Question – tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Customer Service Assistant

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Coles Group.

Interview Details – Applied online. Had one face to face interview.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you showed integrity   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Brisbane (Australia)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Coles Group.

Interview Details – My brother worked at the local Coles & they were looking for new casual staff to hire. I was at high school & thought this would be a great first job.

At the time, I was able to have the hiring process sped up due to my brother already being employed & I had also met my potential manager. After about a year, the hiring process for the Coles Group changed & made it nearly impossible to bypass or speed up - it is a compulsory & sometimes lengthy process that I have had many friends complain about the time it takes to get to the interview stage.

Interview Question – The interview I had was very casual & brief - I had pretty much been given the job already so the interview was more a formality at this stage.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation was available. Everything is very standard process at Coles.

Sydney (Australia)

I applied online - interviewed at Coles Group in December 2011.

Interview Details – 1application online
2 group interview: introduction, group discussion and presentation
3 interview by store manager
In a word, group interview is the most important process

Interview Question – in fact , as a entry level position, it not has very difficult block on the interview.   View Answer

Customer Service Assistant
Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

The process took a day - interviewed at Coles Group in January 2008.

Interview Details – Received a call asking me to come in to speak to the manager for an interview. Sat down, went through the details. Did a test on the computer. Passed. Talked through a contract and signed.

Interview Question – If a customer were to complain and get angry at you, what would you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation except on hours.

Worked for Coles Group? Contribute to the Community!