Colfax

Relevance Date Difficulty

Service Technician Interview

Service Technician
Virginia Beach, VA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Colfax.

Interview Details – The service manager was clearly disappointed in my lack of Navy experience. It sounds like they are trying to only hire vets. This is fine, but they're limiting their talent. The description makes it sound like I'd be a really good fit but I guess I don't know. The service manager was very informal and cursed a lot. It was not like most interviews.

Interview Question – Literally nothing, service manager would rather talk about the Navy than any experience or skills I had. He was talking about how long it would take me to catch up because I was not Navy. I've worked with Navy vets. I don't think they actually receive any training. This service manager would not move past this.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The offer wasn't even considerable. In an industry offering 20 25 and hour, they offered 15.

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Sanford, NC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Colfax in September 2008.

Interview Details – The interview was very disorganized. the head of engineering kept leaving the interview for other meetings. I was treated rudely and ignored throughout lunch. Difficult to get follow up. I was told via email I was a contender for the job, when I followed up again 2 months later I was told I was not a good fit. No explanation, no rejection email or letter. The HR manager and head of engineering were very unprofessional.

Worked for Colfax? Contribute to the Community!