Colgan Air Interview Questions

2.3

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newark, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Colgan Air in February 2010.

Open house in a hotel. I was recommended by a friend. Was hired on the spot after speaking briefly with the HR person. We hit it off well. Eighteen people showed up and only eight were hired. We were finger printed on the spot. The people who were rejected were extreme hood rat types.

Interview Questions
    Set hourly. Started at 18.50 PER FLIGHT HOUR. Thats when the door closes and opens on the A/C

Maintenance Controller/Maintenance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Manassas, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manassas, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Colgan Air.

I heard from a colleague that Colgan Air was hiring. I sent my resume to HR and was called back for a face to face interview within a week. They arranged for my travel and place to stay while there, provided transportation to wherever I needed to go. After the interview I was offered the position I was seeking with a salary increase from my previous job. Everyone involved in the interview process, from HR to Management to supervisors and regular employees were great and hospitable to the point that I felt as if I belonged there in the first place.

Interview Questions
    • Name an instance that you made a mistake or mistakes. What was the outcome and what did you do to rectify the situation?   Answer Question
    They offered me a higher salary than I was making at my previous job so there was no negotiation required.

Aircraft Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Colgan Air.

Called by an HR lady to set up the interview in Memphis, had a short talki with the HR lady in her office and then met with the Manager of Dispatch. He asked several technical questions relating to duty time and fuel reserves. Before I left the office they sent me to get fingerprinted for the background check and then went to a nearby clinic for a drug test.

Interview Questions
    • What is the minimum number of days off a Dispatcher can have in a seven day period?   Answer Question
    No negotiation, salary was a set pay scale.

Captain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Colgan Air in February 2008.

I recived my interview via phone call. I interviewed in Houston, TX at Flight safety at Houston Hobby. We took a Airline Transport Pilot mock exam and then to the Human Recourses interview. They asked standard airline interview questions: holds, situational awareness, personal, pass employers problems and how you fixed the problems, and how did you hear about Colgan. I was also given the option to choose an airplane to fly.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see your self with this airline in 5 years?   Answer Question
    none

Director of Maintenance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Colgan Air in July 2009.

Received a phone call interview immediately after posting my resume, went to a face to face interview one week later. Never received any more information. No thank you for your interest but we are someone else, or forget it you are not what we are looking for. Nothing.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of people skills do you possess.   View Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Colgan Air in November 2010.

I was the last of 35 or so applicants. The panel was exhausted and ready to get outta there. I was ampted up on coffee and rearing to land this job. Not a good mix and I failed. Too much raw, unfocused energy blew my chances of getting this job.

Interview Questions
    • "She doesn't have any work experience. Why don't you have any work experience?"   View Answer

Worked for Colgan Air? Contribute to the Community!