Colgate-Palmolive

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Morristown, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive in April 2013.

Interview Details – Two rounds, first with hiring manager and former intern, second with area VP

Interview Question – What was your biggest challenge/what management style do you prefer?   View Answer

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive in May 2011.

Interview Details – The HR department was quite disorganized wiith the hiring and screening process. It took them over two months to issue out interview schedule after the deadline of the application. It took them over one month to issue out job offer notification after the interview.

Scheduling was terrible; poor communication with interview candidates; no notification that there could be an interview that is to be done over phone rather an in-person meeting.

The worst part was that when following up via phone. I get no return phone calls after leaving voicemails. When it is on the phone, they had no idea how far the screening process has progressed or how long it will take to give a definite answer. Very disappointed with the logistics and workflow of the HR department of a Fortune 500 company.

Quite the surprise and unexpected!

Interview asked many behavioral questions and background. Interviewers are are very courteous and professional in manner.

Interview Question – How would you handle a difficult problem at hand with a team of people?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive in April 2011.

Interview Details – I applied through my college recruiting system and got a response from an HR person for a on-site interview. Ended up being interviewed by 4 people total, half hour each. The questions were rather simple and mostly covered my qualifications, details about my resume and plans for future. Everybody was extremely nice and the whole interview process didn't feel formal, which reflects the overall culture of the company.

Interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive

Interview Details – campus recruitmen, was told that we would hear back within a week and no one ever heard back regarding whether or not there was a decision made. it seemed very unprofessional considering how pretigious the company is. after 3 emails sent, i decided to give up all together.

Interview Question – STAR method   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive.

Interview Details – Contacted by phone to schedule an in person interview. Met with three different people, including my future manager, his manager, and another manager in the office. The interviews were strictly behavioral/situational questions. A few days after I received a call from their HR head with a verbal offer and then was emailed the formal offer.

Interview Question – Behavioral things   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive in October 2011.

Interview Details – They show up to career fairs. You can apply through your school or the website. They'll schedule you for a phone interview. From there they will eliminate some candidates. Then they will schedule an interview in Morristown, NJ. The HR Intern will probably be your point of contact for this. When you get there they will probably have two people for the behavioral/questioning part of the interview. Then they'll probably have two people for the technical interview. Technical interview seems pretty easy. Seems like they put more weight on how much they like you in the other interview. Not sure how long the process took.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – The submitted offer, I accepted... I'm a college student.

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive in December 2008.

Interview Details – was not bad

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – very easy

Worked for Colgate-Palmolive? Contribute to the Community!