Colgate-Palmolive Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015

2.5

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Colgate-Palmolive.

Interview

Took a few weeks all in. First round was a phone interview with HR. Very behavioral - walk me through your resume. Why Colgate? What position (more than 1 in the dept I applied to)? Tell me a time you analyzed a large data set. Then their "superday" in NY where all the interviewers asked the same questions drawn from a standard interview booklet. Make sure for each behavioral "Tell me a time" question, you have multiple stories ready to go. All my interviewers were nice and professional.

Interview Questions

• Why Colgate? Tell me a time you analyzed a large data set Tell me when you had to lead a change (from established processes)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Colgate-Palmolive

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Colgate-Palmolive.

Interview

Phone interview with HR. Asked about things on my resume, past Computer Science projects I've been involved in. Second interview was technical. Just asked me to explain a couple data structures and some questions on databases, which I didn't yet learn

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rutgers, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive (Rutgers, NJ) in April 2014.

Interview

I went to my university's career fair and spoke with the recruiter who was extremely nice. I was asked a few questions , minimum GPA etc. Was contacted later that day and told I had gotten the intern position. Great experience overall!

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with certain lab techniques.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Piscataway, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Colgate-Palmolive (Piscataway, NJ) in June 2013.

Interview

Casual. I had two different people interview me and they were both nice. The reason for the interview is just to make sure you aren't too strange for them. I was hired mainly because of my flexible school/work schedule and availability. Overall it was fairly simple, but I realize I was in a good situation coming into the interview. I would say to just be happy and friendly since people seem to get promoted/get jobs who act that way, even if it's not quite the truth.

Anonymous Employee in Morristown, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Colgate-Palmolive (Morristown, NJ) in April 2013.

Interview

Two rounds, first with hiring manager and former intern, second with area VP

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest challenge/what management style do you prefer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Colgate-Palmolive (New York, NY) in May 2011.

Interview

The HR department was quite disorganized wiith the hiring and screening process. It took them over two months to issue out interview schedule after the deadline of the application. It took them over one month to issue out job offer notification after the interview. Scheduling was terrible; poor communication with interview candidates; no notification that there could be an interview that is to be done over phone rather an in-person meeting. The worst part was that when following up via phone. I get no return phone calls after leaving voicemails. When it is on the phone, they had no idea how far the screening process has progressed or how long it will take to give a definite answer. Very disappointed with the logistics and workflow of the HR department of a Fortune 500 company. Quite the surprise and unexpected! Interview asked many behavioral questions and background. Interviewers are are very courteous and professional in manner.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult problem at hand with a team of people?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Colgate-Palmolive (New York, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

I applied through my college recruiting system and got a response from an HR person for a on-site interview. Ended up being interviewed by 4 people total, half hour each. The questions were rather simple and mostly covered my qualifications, details about my resume and plans for future. Everybody was extremely nice and the whole interview process didn't feel formal, which reflects the overall culture of the company.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between costs and expenses?   Answer Question
    • What do you want to take away from this position?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Petaling Jaya (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Colgate-Palmolive (Petaling Jaya (Malaysia)) in December 2014.

Interview

Phone Interview for Intern. Straight forward process where the senior brand manager called up and have a phone interview. No face to face interview is required for intern. The entire phone interview until they offer a position was less than 2 days which is pretty fast.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions such as strengths and weaknesses. What do you think you can contribute to the company?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate as it is pretty standard paycheck for interns.

Intern Interview

Interview

campus recruitmen, was told that we would hear back within a week and no one ever heard back regarding whether or not there was a decision made. it seemed very unprofessional considering how pretigious the company is. after 3 emails sent, i decided to give up all together.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Colgate-Palmolive.

Interview

Contacted by phone to schedule an in person interview. Met with three different people, including my future manager, his manager, and another manager in the office. The interviews were strictly behavioral/situational questions. A few days after I received a call from their HR head with a verbal offer and then was emailed the formal offer.