Colgate-Palmolive Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2015
Updated Mar 22, 2015

3.2

Co-Op Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Colgate-Palmolive.

I applied to their software development Co-op. There were an initial two phone screenings and an onsite interview that lasted a few hours. The onsite interview consisted of multiple small interviews with different people. It was a behavioral interview and a technical interview. Make sure to know object orient programming concepts.

Interview Questions
    • Swap a variable without a temporary variable and a nested loop question   Answer Question

IT/Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive.

Standard behavioral interview with situation question and how you work with others. It wasn't too bad, they just asked you for specific situations. I would think of something interesting to talk about because they seem to like that. Then there was the technical interview which wasn't bad. Just talks to you about your classes and asks you a questions on things that you would know.

Interview Questions
    • Sort an array of values using any sorting algorithm   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive.

I went through a phone interview, but the person who interviewed me seemed a little rude. The questions were the usual questions you'd get at an interview. The conversation lasted about 20 minutes. I absolute love the company culture, but I just don't think the human resources person I received for the interview was having the best day.

Operator Technician Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive.

Initial e-mail contact, followed by telephone to set up an additional follow up brief phone interview. Resume update and review. Face to face interview, then a thorough background investigation. During the background phase a complete physical is required at a medical facility followed by a hearing test.

Interview Questions
    • Explain why you believe you are suited for the position you are applying for.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Colgate-Palmolive.

Phone call with HR. Followed by three interviews at their HQ in New York City. Mostly behavioral questions. The interviewers were very good, and knew the processes and culture at Colgate really well. They highlighted the goods and the bads of working there.

Software Developer Interview

I went to the office , I first talk to the HR. The HR interview was the most difficult because you may think that everything is OK but that is where your employment is going to be play.

Customer Development Interview

Applied via on campus recruiting. Accepted via on campus recruiting.
    Single behavioral interview followed by a phone call signifying my offer.
    Also met interviewers at my school' career fair one month prior and attended their information session.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time you worked in a team to accomplish a goal"   View Answer

Co-Op Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Colgate-Palmolive in July 2014.

When being interviewed, make sure to bring your resume even though they have a copy of it. They ask you a series of questions of different ways you've applied yourself, your strengths and weaknesses and why Colgate?

Interview Questions
    • They were all fairly easy as long as you have experience with working with different groups of people and different situations you may have been put in   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Colgate-Palmolive in July 2014.

The interview was conducted as a Competency Based Interview where the panel of interviewers typically asks the candidate to describe situations which will ultimately result in a response that will highlight competency and skill set appropriate for success in the job applied for.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you were faced with a conflict and how you worked to resolve it   View Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Contacted for an initial phone screen- no surprising questions there. She was very nice, but the interview seemed to go very fast. I wasn't expecting to, but I received a follow up email a week later requesting to set up another interview session (4 separate 1/2 hour interviews with 1-2 people interviewing for each one). I didnt feel like the professionals I spoke with were very enthusiastic about their career even when I asked them questions about themselves/the company/etc.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you anticipating a consumer need.   Answer Question