Colgate-Palmolive

Updated Jan 18, 2015
Updated Jan 18, 2015

3.1

Operator Technician Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive.

Initial e-mail contact, followed by telephone to set up an additional follow up brief phone interview. Resume update and review. Face to face interview, then a thorough background investigation. During the background phase a complete physical is required at a medical facility followed by a hearing test.

Interview Questions
    • Explain why you believe you are suited for the position you are applying for.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Colgate-Palmolive.

Phone call with HR. Followed by three interviews at their HQ in New York City. Mostly behavioral questions. The interviewers were very good, and knew the processes and culture at Colgate really well. They highlighted the goods and the bads of working there.

Software Developer Interview

I went to the office , I first talk to the HR. The HR interview was the most difficult because you may think that everything is OK but that is where your employment is going to be play.

Customer Development Interview

Applied via on campus recruiting. Accepted via on campus recruiting.
    Single behavioral interview followed by a phone call signifying my offer.
    Also met interviewers at my school' career fair one month prior and attended their information session.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time you worked in a team to accomplish a goal"   View Answer

Co-Op Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Colgate-Palmolive in July 2014.

When being interviewed, make sure to bring your resume even though they have a copy of it. They ask you a series of questions of different ways you've applied yourself, your strengths and weaknesses and why Colgate?

Interview Questions
    • They were all fairly easy as long as you have experience with working with different groups of people and different situations you may have been put in   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Contacted for an initial phone screen- no surprising questions there. She was very nice, but the interview seemed to go very fast. I wasn't expecting to, but I received a follow up email a week later requesting to set up another interview session (4 separate 1/2 hour interviews with 1-2 people interviewing for each one). I didnt feel like the professionals I spoke with were very enthusiastic about their career even when I asked them questions about themselves/the company/etc.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you anticipating a consumer need.   Answer Question

IT Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Colgate-Palmolive in March 2014.

Very professional interview. Technical and behavioral all in the same day. 45 minutes a piece.

Interview Questions
    • In code, or pseudo-code, of your choice, write any sorting algorithm.   View Answer

Customer Service Analyst Interview

Typical behavioral questions. Asked about skills on resume. So don't lie!

Interview Questions
    • Asked about Excel and how to do a certain thing on there   Answer Question

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person – interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive.

Had a HR telephone call which went for about 45 minutes. It was very conversational and I really enjoyed it. Opened with the classic 'Tell me about yourself' and then went into various aspects of the role. I asked questions about a few people I knew who worked there (and that she knew) and what opportunities are available.

Interview Questions
    • Interviewed focused a bit more on 'big data' analytics than I originally expected. It's a core focus on my MBA and my summer internship before hand so was able to work through this.   Answer Question

Corporate Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Colgate-Palmolive in November 2013.

I received a phone interview from HR in October 2013. The interview lasted for 30 minutes. A couple of days after the phone interview I got onsite interview invitation. In onsite interview I met two Corporate Finance managers and one HR manager. The whole interview process was very casual. I got the offer in the next week.