Colgate-Palmolive

Relevance Date Difficulty

Systems Administrative Interview

Systems Administrative
Piscataway, NJ

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive in September 2013.

Interview Details – TSM questions/Unix question
how to configure backups in unix using TSM
How to use tar command
How to change ownership in unix file
How to NFS mount FS
Meeting with several individuals
Tour of Data Center
HR Interview. General questions.. Lot of talking about them instead of asking questions about candidate..

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.
Your strength & weakness
  View Answer

Reason for Declining – Extremely low salary offered

Internship Interview

Internship

Interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive

Interview Details – Contacted for an initial phone screen- no surprising questions there. She was very nice, but the interview seemed to go very fast. I wasn't expecting to, but I received a follow up email a week later requesting to set up another interview session (4 separate 1/2 hour interviews with 1-2 people interviewing for each one). I didnt feel like the professionals I spoke with were very enthusiastic about their career even when I asked them questions about themselves/the company/etc.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you anticipating a consumer need.   Answer Question

Co-Op Interview

Co-Op
Piscataway, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive in May 2013.

Interview Details – I was refered by my college friend because she is leaving and her supervisor wanted another person to replace her. I got email from HR, but HR is very slow, it can take couple months!!!!Then I got phone interview, asked me about Colgate. Then I got email for an onsite interview. There are two parts for the interview, one is for HR, the other part is for your supervisor. Make sure you prepare all the documents and answers with you.

Interview Question – One tough questions I got was: If you have a paper published and you did most of the work, your professor named himself as the first author and you want to be the first instead, what will you do?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

IT Intern Interview

IT Intern
Newark, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive in March 2014.

Interview Details – Very professional interview. Technical and behavioral all in the same day. 45 minutes a piece.

Interview Question – In code, or pseudo-code, of your choice, write any sorting algorithm.   View Answer

Customer Service Analyst Interview

Customer Service Analyst

Interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive

Interview Details – Typical behavioral questions. Asked about skills on resume. So don't lie!

Interview Question – Asked about Excel and how to do a certain thing on there   Answer Question

IT Intern Interview

IT Intern
Morristown, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive in October 2013.

Interview Details – Met with recruiter at career fair. Received a call the next week to setup up on-site interview. Went for two rounds of interviewing, first was technical and then behavioral. Each was 30 minutes long.

Interview Question – How do you swap two variables in Java without creating temp variable?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Morristown, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive in April 2013.

Interview Details – Two rounds, first with hiring manager and former intern, second with area VP

Interview Question – What was your biggest challenge/what management style do you prefer?   View Answer

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Assistant Brand Manager
New York, NY

I applied in-person and interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive.

Interview Details – Had a HR telephone call which went for about 45 minutes. It was very conversational and I really enjoyed it. Opened with the classic 'Tell me about yourself' and then went into various aspects of the role. I asked questions about a few people I knew who worked there (and that she knew) and what opportunities are available.

Interview Question – Interviewed focused a bit more on 'big data' analytics than I originally expected. It's a core focus on my MBA and my summer internship before hand so was able to work through this.   Answer Question

Retail Category Development Manager Interview

Retail Category Development Manager
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive in July 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview with HR, followed by in-person panel interview in NYC office. HR phone interview screen for skills and advised that willingness to relocate anywhere was a prerequisite. Therefore, you need to demonstrate flexibility for career path into different functional areas, as well as geographical flexibility. When arriving to NYC for in-person interview, HR person took me to a conference room where two people interviewed me. The questions were situational and the experience was pleasant.

Interview Question – HR person surprised me when asking if I had my presentation ready when she took me to the interview room. I asked her what she was talking about, and she said her email had advised me that I'd need to create and present an catman example to my interviewers, and that I was supposed to have hard copies for them. (I subsequently checked my emails, and confirmed that there was no mention of a presentation). After the interviews, she told me that she double checked her records, and that this position did not require a presentation.   View Answers (2)

Financial Intern Interview

Financial Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive.

Interview Details – 3 30mins back-to-back interview. Two managers, one HR.

Interview Question – If you can fix a mistake you made in the past, what would you like to fix?   Answer Question

Worked for Colgate-Palmolive? Contribute to the Community!