Colgate-Palmolive

Updated Jan 18, 2015

3.1

IT Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morristown, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Colgate-Palmolive in October 2013.

Met with recruiter at career fair. Received a call the next week to setup up on-site interview. Went for two rounds of interviewing, first was technical and then behavioral. Each was 30 minutes long.

Interview Questions
    • How do you swap two variables in Java without creating temp variable?   Answer Question

Financial Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive.

3 30mins back-to-back interview. Two managers, one HR.

Interview Questions
    • If you can fix a mistake you made in the past, what would you like to fix?   Answer Question

Systems Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Piscataway, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Colgate-Palmolive in September 2013.

TSM questions/Unix question
    how to configure backups in unix using TSM
    How to use tar command
    How to change ownership in unix file
    How to NFS mount FS
    Meeting with several individuals
    Tour of Data Center
    HR Interview. General questions.. Lot of talking about them instead of asking questions about candidate..

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself.
      Your strength & weakness

View Answer

Extremely low salary offered

Retail Category Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Colgate-Palmolive in July 2013.

Phone interview with HR, followed by in-person panel interview in NYC office. HR phone interview screen for skills and advised that willingness to relocate anywhere was a prerequisite. Therefore, you need to demonstrate flexibility for career path into different functional areas, as well as geographical flexibility. When arriving to NYC for in-person interview, HR person took me to a conference room where two people interviewed me. The questions were situational and the experience was pleasant.

Interview Questions
    • HR person surprised me when asking if I had my presentation ready when she took me to the interview room. I asked her what she was talking about, and she said her email had advised me that I'd need to create and present an catman example to my interviewers, and that I was supposed to have hard copies for them. (I subsequently checked my emails, and confirmed that there was no mention of a presentation). After the interviews, she told me that she double checked her records, and that this position did not require a presentation.   View Answers (2)

Senior Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Piscataway, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Colgate-Palmolive.

It seems quite complex, having been, most recently on the side of the Interviewer. It seems that we require quite a large number of face to face or phone interviews after a lengthly resume weeding process. After the individual is chosen, then HR has the task of interviewing more and giving an offer. After this it seems that there is a background check (becoming quite stringent), a physical, and a small mountain of paperwork. This takes up to 8 weeks or more before you will be able to start.

Interview Questions
    • I would say that we ask very typical interview questions, and that all of them, barring personal questions, are difficult to answer.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate for my current postion

Wide Area Network Order Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Piscataway, NJ

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Colgate-Palmolive in May 2013.

I applied for this position in mid February. Received a request for a phone screeening by HR mid April. Invited for an interview about two weeks later with HR, hiring manager and a team member. HR asked to tell me about myself and then asked a series of questions in the STAR format - SItuation Task Action Result. The other two interviews were also STAR questions. It was about a 3 hour process. Everyone was very nice and the overall process was pleasant. HR did advice by phone that I was not chosen for the position.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you may have gotten upset in a meeting or with someone and said something that you regretted. How did you handle?   Answer Question

Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Piscataway, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Colgate-Palmolive in May 2013.

I was refered by my college friend because she is leaving and her supervisor wanted another person to replace her. I got email from HR, but HR is very slow, it can take couple months!!!!Then I got phone interview, asked me about Colgate. Then I got email for an onsite interview. There are two parts for the interview, one is for HR, the other part is for your supervisor. Make sure you prepare all the documents and answers with you.

Interview Questions
    • One tough questions I got was: If you have a paper published and you did most of the work, your professor named himself as the first author and you want to be the first instead, what will you do?   View Answer

Oral Care Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Colgate-Palmolive.

I had 3 interviews over the course of 2 months. The first two interviews went well and were fairly standard behavioral and informational. The third interview was the most grueling interview experience I have had to date. The interview was conducted in a hotel room by their National Sales Trainer and their Associate Director of Oral Pharmaceuticals. If you want this job, don't bother applying unless you fit their cookie-cutter profile and have "revolving door" sales experience in the dental field arleady. Be prepared to spend at least an hour discussing your work experience, including your day-to-day activities. And be prepared to do so while feeling like you are in an interogation room. I have nearly a decade of sales experience, a master's degree with a 3.75 GPA and have devoted two months of my life to product research and relationship-building within the territory. All this, and I still couldn't overcome their cookie-cutter recruitment goals. This is not rocket-science, and they need to figure that out. I was prepared to leave a good job to come on board with them for the long-term. Very disappointed. Maybe Proctor and Gamble will feel differently.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morristown, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Colgate-Palmolive in April 2013.

Two rounds, first with hiring manager and former intern, second with area VP

Interview Questions
    • What was your biggest challenge/what management style do you prefer?   View Answer

Customer Development (Sales) Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive.

Talked to recruiters at my college's career fair, got an email about an interview for the next week. First round was three 30min interviews in a row, basic behavioral questions (STAR format) and walking through my resume. I made sure to be positive and relate how my experience would be helpful for this job. I also asked questions at the end to show my interest in the company.

Second round was the next week, two interviews 40 minutes each. They were with different people who were the supervisors for the interns, and it was more about the actual job I would be doing. Second person wanted to know about my personality and didn't ask me any standard questions, the conversation flowed naturally.

Have not heard back yet.