Colgate-Palmolive Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015

3.1

Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Colgate-Palmolive in July 2014.

Interview

When being interviewed, make sure to bring your resume even though they have a copy of it. They ask you a series of questions of different ways you've applied yourself, your strengths and weaknesses and why Colgate?

Interview Questions

• They were all fairly easy as long as you have experience with working with different groups of people and different situations you may have been put in   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Colgate-Palmolive (New York, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

The interview was conducted as a Competency Based Interview where the panel of interviewers typically asks the candidate to describe situations which will ultimately result in a response that will highlight competency and skill set appropriate for success in the job applied for.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you were faced with a conflict and how you worked to resolve it   1 Answer

Research and Development Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Piscataway, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Colgate-Palmolive (Piscataway, NJ) in May 2014.

Interview

Standard interview questions - I met with a manager and a Research Associate and it was done rather quickly. The best way to get your foot in the door at CP is to know someone.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions - strengths and weaknesses, what are your lab experiences, etc   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Contacted for an initial phone screen- no surprising questions there. She was very nice, but the interview seemed to go very fast. I wasn't expecting to, but I received a follow up email a week later requesting to set up another interview session (4 separate 1/2 hour interviews with 1-2 people interviewing for each one). I didnt feel like the professionals I spoke with were very enthusiastic about their career even when I asked them questions about themselves/the company/etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you anticipating a consumer need.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rutgers, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive (Rutgers, NJ) in April 2014.

Interview

I went to my university's career fair and spoke with the recruiter who was extremely nice. I was asked a few questions , minimum GPA etc. Was contacted later that day and told I had gotten the intern position. Great experience overall!

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with certain lab techniques.   1 Answer

IT Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Colgate-Palmolive (Newark, NJ) in March 2014.

Interview

Very professional interview. Technical and behavioral all in the same day. 45 minutes a piece.

Interview Questions

• In code, or pseudo-code, of your choice, write any sorting algorithm.   1 Answer

Interview

Typical behavioral questions. Asked about skills on resume. So don't lie!

Interview Questions

• Asked about Excel and how to do a certain thing on there   Answer Question

Global Marketing Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Colgate-Palmolive (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied & interviewed through campus recruiting. Had several networking events first, then had 1 45-minute first round interview with a Senior Mgr., & 2 45-minute second (and final)-round interviews, one with a Senior Mgr. and one with an HR mgr.
    Interviews were heavily fit-based - - they basically try to make sure that you will fit with the culture more so than try to figure out your experience (though, my experience aligned well with the role I was applying for.) They also certainly will ask questions regarding any "holes" in your skill set - - i.e. I have a quant background, so they asked for times I had to work creatively. (The reverse is true for friends of mine who interviewed without data analysis backgrounds.) Overall, they want you to do well & it was conversational in nature.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with ambiguity.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you worked on a difficult team & how you worked through conflict.   Answer Question
    • What accomplishment are you most proud of?   Answer Question

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive (New York, NY).

Interview

Had a HR telephone call which went for about 45 minutes. It was very conversational and I really enjoyed it. Opened with the classic 'Tell me about yourself' and then went into various aspects of the role. I asked questions about a few people I knew who worked there (and that she knew) and what opportunities are available.

Interview Questions

• Interviewed focused a bit more on 'big data' analytics than I originally expected. It's a core focus on my MBA and my summer internship before hand so was able to work through this.   Answer Question

Corporate Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Colgate-Palmolive (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

I received a phone interview from HR in October 2013. The interview lasted for 30 minutes. A couple of days after the phone interview I got onsite interview invitation. In onsite interview I met two Corporate Finance managers and one HR manager. The whole interview process was very casual. I got the offer in the next week.