Colgate-Palmolive Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2014

3.1

Senior Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Piscataway, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Colgate-Palmolive.

It seems quite complex, having been, most recently on the side of the Interviewer. It seems that we require quite a large number of face to face or phone interviews after a lengthly resume weeding process. After the individual is chosen, then HR has the task of interviewing more and giving an offer. After this it seems that there is a background check (becoming quite stringent), a physical, and a small mountain of paperwork. This takes up to 8 weeks or more before you will be able to start.

Interview Questions
    • I would say that we ask very typical interview questions, and that all of them, barring personal questions, are difficult to answer.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate for my current postion

Wide Area Network Order Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Piscataway, NJ

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Colgate-Palmolive in May 2013.

I applied for this position in mid February. Received a request for a phone screeening by HR mid April. Invited for an interview about two weeks later with HR, hiring manager and a team member. HR asked to tell me about myself and then asked a series of questions in the STAR format - SItuation Task Action Result. The other two interviews were also STAR questions. It was about a 3 hour process. Everyone was very nice and the overall process was pleasant. HR did advice by phone that I was not chosen for the position.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you may have gotten upset in a meeting or with someone and said something that you regretted. How did you handle?   Answer Question

Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Piscataway, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Colgate-Palmolive in May 2013.

I was refered by my college friend because she is leaving and her supervisor wanted another person to replace her. I got email from HR, but HR is very slow, it can take couple months!!!!Then I got phone interview, asked me about Colgate. Then I got email for an onsite interview. There are two parts for the interview, one is for HR, the other part is for your supervisor. Make sure you prepare all the documents and answers with you.

Interview Questions
    • One tough questions I got was: If you have a paper published and you did most of the work, your professor named himself as the first author and you want to be the first instead, what will you do?   View Answer

Oral Care Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Colgate-Palmolive.

I had 3 interviews over the course of 2 months. The first two interviews went well and were fairly standard behavioral and informational. The third interview was the most grueling interview experience I have had to date. The interview was conducted in a hotel room by their National Sales Trainer and their Associate Director of Oral Pharmaceuticals. If you want this job, don't bother applying unless you fit their cookie-cutter profile and have "revolving door" sales experience in the dental field arleady. Be prepared to spend at least an hour discussing your work experience, including your day-to-day activities. And be prepared to do so while feeling like you are in an interogation room. I have nearly a decade of sales experience, a master's degree with a 3.75 GPA and have devoted two months of my life to product research and relationship-building within the territory. All this, and I still couldn't overcome their cookie-cutter recruitment goals. This is not rocket-science, and they need to figure that out. I was prepared to leave a good job to come on board with them for the long-term. Very disappointed. Maybe Proctor and Gamble will feel differently.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morristown, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Colgate-Palmolive in April 2013.

Two rounds, first with hiring manager and former intern, second with area VP

Interview Questions
    • What was your biggest challenge/what management style do you prefer?   View Answer

Customer Development (Sales) Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive.

Talked to recruiters at my college's career fair, got an email about an interview for the next week. First round was three 30min interviews in a row, basic behavioral questions (STAR format) and walking through my resume. I made sure to be positive and relate how my experience would be helpful for this job. I also asked questions at the end to show my interest in the company.

Second round was the next week, two interviews 40 minutes each. They were with different people who were the supervisors for the interns, and it was more about the actual job I would be doing. Second person wanted to know about my personality and didn't ask me any standard questions, the conversation flowed naturally.

Have not heard back yet.

SAP Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morristown, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Colgate-Palmolive in April 2012.

two managaer to one, lots of the same questions. thought went well, but no offer.

Pilot Plant Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morristown, NJ

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Colgate-Palmolive in October 2011.

Asked questions about yourself, what you do and why do you want to become it? The director usually comes and interviews students along with another person for 1:1 interviews. Very friendly people and want to see their interns learn. Just be positive and know what you are talking about because they can read off your face if you don't know what you're talking about.

Project Engineer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morristown, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Colgate-Palmolive in October 2011.

I had applied through my college recruiting website earlier and recieved an invitation for an on campus interview. The interview consisted of two 1:1 interviews, one with the HR rep and the other with the Engineering Manager. The interviews were simple scenario questions, it was rather dry at some points though--especially with the HR rep. They were both basically trying to get through the questions they had on their paper and get answers for them written. The questions were mainly scenario questions "Tell me about a time you exhibited leadership in a team" etc. From what I gather they just want to see that you can work well with the rest of Engineers and that you can problem solve and think on your own. Just know your resume and have good stories to back up each of the scenario questions and you should be fine.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me abuot about a time where you exhibited leadership in a team (paraphrased)   View Answer
    • Tell me about a time where there was difficulty working with people and how did you overcome that (paraphrased also)   Answer Question
    Have yet to negotitate the offer. I didn't officially accept it yet but may if good terms can be negotiated.

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Topeka, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Topeka, KS

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Colgate-Palmolive in May 2011.

HR person called and set up for the phone interview. She gave me possible date and time for me to choose. After three days later, I had and interview. It took me about 30 min.
    Not a super friendly person but somewhat professional.