Colgate-Palmolive Interview Questions & Reviews

3.1

Senior Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Topeka, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Topeka, KS

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive in October 2010.

I was first contacted by HR. Then, I had a phone interview with the Director of the department, and then in person with the hiring manager. The process took a lot of time and involved relocation for me, a certain point I thought it was not going to happen but finally I got a final call with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Are you going to be able to push back at the commercial side and stop activities when needed?   View Answer
    It was more about the relocation process, they come up with very good benefits so it was easy to accept

Pilot Plant Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morristown, NJ

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive in October 2011.

Asked questions about yourself, what you do and why do you want to become it? The director usually comes and interviews students along with another person for 1:1 interviews. Very friendly people and want to see their interns learn. Just be positive and know what you are talking about because they can read off your face if you don't know what you're talking about.

SAP Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Morristown, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Morristown, NJ

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive in April 2012.

two managaer to one, lots of the same questions. thought went well, but no offer.

GIT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morristown, NJ

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive in March 2011.

consisted of one phone screen done by HR intern
    got called back for a "super day" on site
    met with 3 different groups of people and had 1 technical round and 2 non-technical rounds
    simple behavioral questions about leadership skills and participating in a team

they dont expect u to know everything but want to see your ability to learn.
    training is provided the first week you start internship.

Interview Questions
    no negotiation really.. they will increase your pay based on your education level. i saw no reason to negotiate.

Project Engineer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morristown, NJ

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive in October 2011.

I had applied through my college recruiting website earlier and recieved an invitation for an on campus interview. The interview consisted of two 1:1 interviews, one with the HR rep and the other with the Engineering Manager. The interviews were simple scenario questions, it was rather dry at some points though--especially with the HR rep. They were both basically trying to get through the questions they had on their paper and get answers for them written. The questions were mainly scenario questions "Tell me about a time you exhibited leadership in a team" etc. From what I gather they just want to see that you can work well with the rest of Engineers and that you can problem solve and think on your own. Just know your resume and have good stories to back up each of the scenario questions and you should be fine.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me abuot about a time where you exhibited leadership in a team (paraphrased)   View Answer
    • Tell me about a time where there was difficulty working with people and how did you overcome that (paraphrased also)   Answer Question
    Have yet to negotitate the offer. I didn't officially accept it yet but may if good terms can be negotiated.

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Topeka, KS
    Anonymous Employee in Topeka, KS

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive in May 2011.

HR person called and set up for the phone interview. She gave me possible date and time for me to choose. After three days later, I had and interview. It took me about 30 min.
    Not a super friendly person but somewhat professional.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive in May 2011.

The HR department was quite disorganized wiith the hiring and screening process. It took them over two months to issue out interview schedule after the deadline of the application. It took them over one month to issue out job offer notification after the interview.

Scheduling was terrible; poor communication with interview candidates; no notification that there could be an interview that is to be done over phone rather an in-person meeting.

The worst part was that when following up via phone. I get no return phone calls after leaving voicemails. When it is on the phone, they had no idea how far the screening process has progressed or how long it will take to give a definite answer. Very disappointed with the logistics and workflow of the HR department of a Fortune 500 company.

Quite the surprise and unexpected!

Interview asked many behavioral questions and background. Interviewers are are very courteous and professional in manner.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a difficult problem at hand with a team of people?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive in April 2011.

I applied through my college recruiting system and got a response from an HR person for a on-site interview. Ended up being interviewed by 4 people total, half hour each. The questions were rather simple and mostly covered my qualifications, details about my resume and plans for future. Everybody was extremely nice and the whole interview process didn't feel formal, which reflects the overall culture of the company.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between costs and expenses?   Answer Question
    • What do you want to take away from this position?   View Answer

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive in March 2008.

tough interviewing for marketing position. lots of impromptu brand analysis questions and approach assessment questions. also usual crop of "tell me about a time" stuff. so come prepared with knowledge of brand elements, situational questions, attitude assessment questions and of course be prepared for the unknown. e.g. the first question they posed is why would i like to stay in new york (i didnt even want to but had to answer something asap).

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive in August 2009.

You see several people within the day. It usually lasts at least several hours. Depending on the position, the minimum number people you are being interviewed is about 5, sometimes 6 people. Do not expect an instant feedback as the company takes a very long time making a decision on hiring.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example when you have implemented something. What did you do and what was the result?   Answer Question