Colgate-Palmolive Interview Questions

Updated Aug 12, 2015

3.1

Interview

Typical behavioral questions. Asked about skills on resume. So don't lie!

Interview Questions

• Asked about Excel and how to do a certain thing on there   Answer Question

Global Marketing Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied & interviewed through campus recruiting. Had several networking events first, then had 1 45-minute first round interview with a Senior Mgr., & 2 45-minute second (and final)-round interviews, one with a Senior Mgr. and one with an HR mgr. Interviews were heavily fit-based - - they basically try to make sure that you will fit with the culture more so than try to figure out your experience (though, my experience aligned well with the role I was applying for.) They also certainly will ask questions regarding any "holes" in your skill set - - i.e. I have a quant background, so they asked for times I had to work creatively. (The reverse is true for friends of mine who interviewed without data analysis backgrounds.) Overall, they want you to do well & it was conversational in nature.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with ambiguity.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you worked on a difficult team & how you worked through conflict.   Answer Question
    • What accomplishment are you most proud of?   Answer Question

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive (New York, NY).

Interview

Had a HR telephone call which went for about 45 minutes. It was very conversational and I really enjoyed it. Opened with the classic 'Tell me about yourself' and then went into various aspects of the role. I asked questions about a few people I knew who worked there (and that she knew) and what opportunities are available.

Interview Questions

• Interviewed focused a bit more on 'big data' analytics than I originally expected. It's a core focus on my MBA and my summer internship before hand so was able to work through this.   Answer Question

Corporate Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

I received a phone interview from HR in October 2013. The interview lasted for 30 minutes. A couple of days after the phone interview I got onsite interview invitation. In onsite interview I met two Corporate Finance managers and one HR manager. The whole interview process was very casual. I got the offer in the next week.

IT Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morristown, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive (Morristown, NJ) in October 2013.

Interview

Met with recruiter at career fair. Received a call the next week to setup up on-site interview. Went for two rounds of interviewing, first was technical and then behavioral. Each was 30 minutes long.

Interview Questions

• How do you swap two variables in Java without creating temp variable?   Answer Question

Financial Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive.

Interview

3 30mins back-to-back interview. Two managers, one HR.

Interview Questions

• If you can fix a mistake you made in the past, what would you like to fix?   Answer Question

Systems Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Piscataway, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive (Piscataway, NJ) in September 2013.

Interview

TSM questions/Unix question how to configure backups in unix using TSM How to use tar command How to change ownership in unix file How to NFS mount FS Meeting with several individuals Tour of Data Center HR Interview. General questions.. Lot of talking about them instead of asking questions about candidate..

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Your strength & weakness   1 Answer

Extremely low salary offered

Retail Category Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive (New York, NY) in July 2013.

Interview

Phone interview with HR, followed by in-person panel interview in NYC office. HR phone interview screen for skills and advised that willingness to relocate anywhere was a prerequisite. Therefore, you need to demonstrate flexibility for career path into different functional areas, as well as geographical flexibility. When arriving to NYC for in-person interview, HR person took me to a conference room where two people interviewed me. The questions were situational and the experience was pleasant.

Interview Questions

• HR person surprised me when asking if I had my presentation ready when she took me to the interview room. I asked her what she was talking about, and she said her email had advised me that I'd need to create and present an catman example to my interviewers, and that I was supposed to have hard copies for them. (I subsequently checked my emails, and confirmed that there was no mention of a presentation). After the interviews, she told me that she double checked her records, and that this position did not require a presentation.   2 Answers

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Piscataway, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive (Piscataway, NJ) in June 2013.

Interview

Casual. I had two different people interview me and they were both nice. The reason for the interview is just to make sure you aren't too strange for them. I was hired mainly because of my flexible school/work schedule and availability. Overall it was fairly simple, but I realize I was in a good situation coming into the interview. I would say to just be happy and friendly since people seem to get promoted/get jobs who act that way, even if it's not quite the truth.

Senior Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Piscataway, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive (Piscataway, NJ).

Interview

It seems quite complex, having been, most recently on the side of the Interviewer. It seems that we require quite a large number of face to face or phone interviews after a lengthly resume weeding process. After the individual is chosen, then HR has the task of interviewing more and giving an offer. After this it seems that there is a background check (becoming quite stringent), a physical, and a small mountain of paperwork. This takes up to 8 weeks or more before you will be able to start.

Interview Questions

• I would say that we ask very typical interview questions, and that all of them, barring personal questions, are difficult to answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate for my current postion