Colgate-Palmolive

Relevance Date Difficulty

Pilot Plant Intern Interview

Pilot Plant Intern
Morristown, NJ

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive in October 2011.

Interview Details – Asked questions about yourself, what you do and why do you want to become it? The director usually comes and interviews students along with another person for 1:1 interviews. Very friendly people and want to see their interns learn. Just be positive and know what you are talking about because they can read off your face if you don't know what you're talking about.

SAP Business Analyst Interview

SAP Business Analyst
Morristown, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive in April 2012.

Interview Details – two managaer to one, lots of the same questions. thought went well, but no offer.

GIT Interview

GIT
Morristown, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive in March 2011.

Interview Details – consisted of one phone screen done by HR intern
got called back for a "super day" on site
met with 3 different groups of people and had 1 technical round and 2 non-technical rounds
simple behavioral questions about leadership skills and participating in a team

they dont expect u to know everything but want to see your ability to learn.
training is provided the first week you start internship.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – no negotiation really.. they will increase your pay based on your education level. i saw no reason to negotiate.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Project Engineer Co-Op Interview

Project Engineer Co-Op
Morristown, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive in October 2011.

Interview Details – I had applied through my college recruiting website earlier and recieved an invitation for an on campus interview. The interview consisted of two 1:1 interviews, one with the HR rep and the other with the Engineering Manager. The interviews were simple scenario questions, it was rather dry at some points though--especially with the HR rep. They were both basically trying to get through the questions they had on their paper and get answers for them written. The questions were mainly scenario questions "Tell me about a time you exhibited leadership in a team" etc. From what I gather they just want to see that you can work well with the rest of Engineers and that you can problem solve and think on your own. Just know your resume and have good stories to back up each of the scenario questions and you should be fine.

Interview Questions

• Tell me abuot about a time where you exhibited leadership in a team (paraphrased)   View Answer
  • Tell me about a time where there was difficulty working with people and how did you overcome that (paraphrased also)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Have yet to negotitate the offer. I didn't officially accept it yet but may if good terms can be negotiated.

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Associate Brand Manager
Topeka, KS

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive in May 2011.

Interview Details – HR person called and set up for the phone interview. She gave me possible date and time for me to choose. After three days later, I had and interview. It took me about 30 min.
Not a super friendly person but somewhat professional.

Intern Interview

Intern
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive in May 2011.

Interview Details – The HR department was quite disorganized wiith the hiring and screening process. It took them over two months to issue out interview schedule after the deadline of the application. It took them over one month to issue out job offer notification after the interview.

Scheduling was terrible; poor communication with interview candidates; no notification that there could be an interview that is to be done over phone rather an in-person meeting.

The worst part was that when following up via phone. I get no return phone calls after leaving voicemails. When it is on the phone, they had no idea how far the screening process has progressed or how long it will take to give a definite answer. Very disappointed with the logistics and workflow of the HR department of a Fortune 500 company.

Quite the surprise and unexpected!

Interview asked many behavioral questions and background. Interviewers are are very courteous and professional in manner.

Interview Question – How would you handle a difficult problem at hand with a team of people?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive in April 2011.

Interview Details – I applied through my college recruiting system and got a response from an HR person for a on-site interview. Ended up being interviewed by 4 people total, half hour each. The questions were rather simple and mostly covered my qualifications, details about my resume and plans for future. Everybody was extremely nice and the whole interview process didn't feel formal, which reflects the overall culture of the company.

Management Trainee Interview

Management Trainee
New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive in March 2008.

Interview Details – tough interviewing for marketing position. lots of impromptu brand analysis questions and approach assessment questions. also usual crop of "tell me about a time" stuff. so come prepared with knowledge of brand elements, situational questions, attitude assessment questions and of course be prepared for the unknown. e.g. the first question they posed is why would i like to stay in new york (i didnt even want to but had to answer something asap).

Interview Question – general brand and marketing oriented questions   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Finance
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive in August 2009.

Interview Details – You see several people within the day. It usually lasts at least several hours. Depending on the position, the minimum number people you are being interviewed is about 5, sometimes 6 people. Do not expect an instant feedback as the company takes a very long time making a decision on hiring.

Interview Question – Give me an example when you have implemented something. What did you do and what was the result?   Answer Question

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Assistant Brand Manager
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive in April 2009.

Interview Details – Heard about the interview from a headhunter and submitted my resume for consideration. I had a phone interview with an HR rep. It was a standard behavioral interview (i.e. Tell me a time when type of questions.) I was invited to HQ in NYC soon after. There were 8 candidates for 3 openings on various teams. Every candidate interviewed with 3 Marketers and 1 HR rep. My overall experience was great. All of the interviewers were very nice and the questions were straightforward. The best advice I can give to a potential interviewee is to remember to answer the interview questions in the standard STAR format.

Interview Question – Tell me about a brand that does not compete in your current category that is not doing performing well and why?   Answer Question