Colgate-Palmolive

4.0

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Colgate-Palmolive in January 2009.

I was initially screened by a HR manager over the phone. After that I went in for a ~4 hour interview where I met 1 on 1 with employees at different levels including co-workers, middle management, upper management, and HR. After that, I was called in for another ~4 hour interview of the same format but I met with different people.

My word of advice would be that while co-workers, HR, and middle management seem to be looking for the typical things you would expect (are you competent in the skills needed for this job, will you get along with others, how much training will you require, etc), upper management is definitely more interested in whether or not you will fit into Colgate's corporate culture and whether you can cope with your place in the chain of command. I found that it might have actually been to my detriment when I emphasized my self-starter and critical thinking abilities.

Also, everyone is very interested in your abilities to be a team player (at least in Marketing). Everyone I spoke with mentioned this and emphasized the need to be able to hold your own in a meeting and consensus based corporate culture.

Final tip, do not dress casually to your interview as the dress code there is suits every day.

Interview Questions
  • You create a proposal which you are to present to a VP. I disagree with the content of your proposal and have you change it to my liking. What would you do if while giving the presentation, the VP declared that he hates the proposal and asks why you would ever think it is a good idea?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Colgate-Palmolive

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)

First they contacted me by phone, followed by an online interview the same day. After that, they asked me to go to a one on one interview and asked me almost the same questions that were in the online interview.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rome (Italy)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rome (Italy)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Colgate-Palmolive in November 2013.

After submitting my CV, I was contacted by phone but I wasn't asked any questions about my experience/qualifications; the recruiter just wanted to invite me to an assessment day which would take place the following week. The entire process took one day, from 9.30 until 18.00. In the morning I had to attend a group interview: everyone had to introduce him/herself first, then we were asked to discuss a business case all together. Later we individually took an English test, a mathematical/logic test and a verbal reasoning test; after this, one by one we were called to another room, where we attended a one-to-one interview with two hiring managers. 8 people out of 12 including me were admitted to the second phase of the assessment day, which took place after lunch. We were brought to a PC room, where everyone was given a business case: each one of us had to work individually, and we all had 1 hour to prepare a PowerPoint presentation in English to explain our solutions. In my case, I had to choose one product between two to launch to the market, explaining my decision and providing data to sustain it. The presentation had to be delivered in presence of 6 managers, who asked questions and clarifications about the presentation plus other general questions.

Marketing Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Colgate-Palmolive in June 2010.

Everyone is correct - the people at Colgate are really friendly and nice.
    I would suggest knowing your resume inside and out, and have a story (STAR) for every single line on your resume.

Practice before you come here. They are nice, but they are also very serious about finding the right person.
    Every single question was behavioral

Interview Questions
    • Explain how you were able to (insert something from my resume here)   Answer Question