Colgate-Palmolive

Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Interview

Marketing
New York, NY

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive in January 2009.

Interview Details – I was initially screened by a HR manager over the phone. After that I went in for a ~4 hour interview where I met 1 on 1 with employees at different levels including co-workers, middle management, upper management, and HR. After that, I was called in for another ~4 hour interview of the same format but I met with different people.

My word of advice would be that while co-workers, HR, and middle management seem to be looking for the typical things you would expect (are you competent in the skills needed for this job, will you get along with others, how much training will you require, etc), upper management is definitely more interested in whether or not you will fit into Colgate's corporate culture and whether you can cope with your place in the chain of command. I found that it might have actually been to my detriment when I emphasized my self-starter and critical thinking abilities.

Also, everyone is very interested in your abilities to be a team player (at least in Marketing). Everyone I spoke with mentioned this and emphasized the need to be able to hold your own in a meeting and consensus based corporate culture.

Final tip, do not dress casually to your interview as the dress code there is suits every day.

Interview Question – You create a proposal which you are to present to a VP. I disagree with the content of your proposal and have you change it to my liking. What would you do if while giving the presentation, the VP declared that he hates the proposal and asks why you would ever think it is a good idea?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Marketing Interview

Marketing

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive in June 2010.

Interview Details – Everyone is correct - the people at Colgate are really friendly and nice.
I would suggest knowing your resume inside and out, and have a story (STAR) for every single line on your resume.

Practice before you come here. They are nice, but they are also very serious about finding the right person.
Every single question was behavioral

Interview Question – Explain how you were able to (insert something from my resume here)   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Colgate-Palmolive

Worked for Colgate-Palmolive? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Colgate-Palmolive Marketing interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Colgate-Palmolive employees and interview candidates.