Colgate-Palmolive

Relevance Date Difficulty

Internship Interview

Internship

Interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive

Interview Details – Contacted for an initial phone screen- no surprising questions there. She was very nice, but the interview seemed to go very fast. I wasn't expecting to, but I received a follow up email a week later requesting to set up another interview session (4 separate 1/2 hour interviews with 1-2 people interviewing for each one). I didnt feel like the professionals I spoke with were very enthusiastic about their career even when I asked them questions about themselves/the company/etc.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you anticipating a consumer need.   Answer Question

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Assistant Brand Manager
New York, NY

I applied in-person and interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive.

Interview Details – Had a HR telephone call which went for about 45 minutes. It was very conversational and I really enjoyed it. Opened with the classic 'Tell me about yourself' and then went into various aspects of the role. I asked questions about a few people I knew who worked there (and that she knew) and what opportunities are available.

Interview Question – Interviewed focused a bit more on 'big data' analytics than I originally expected. It's a core focus on my MBA and my summer internship before hand so was able to work through this.   Answer Question

Retail Category Development Manager Interview

Retail Category Development Manager
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive in July 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview with HR, followed by in-person panel interview in NYC office. HR phone interview screen for skills and advised that willingness to relocate anywhere was a prerequisite. Therefore, you need to demonstrate flexibility for career path into different functional areas, as well as geographical flexibility. When arriving to NYC for in-person interview, HR person took me to a conference room where two people interviewed me. The questions were situational and the experience was pleasant.

Interview Question – HR person surprised me when asking if I had my presentation ready when she took me to the interview room. I asked her what she was talking about, and she said her email had advised me that I'd need to create and present an catman example to my interviewers, and that I was supposed to have hard copies for them. (I subsequently checked my emails, and confirmed that there was no mention of a presentation). After the interviews, she told me that she double checked her records, and that this position did not require a presentation.   View Answers (2)

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive in May 2009.

Interview Details – Phone interview and face to face interviews

Interview Question – Situational questions. Expect competency based questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer letter with little negotiation since it was entry level.

Senior Director Interview

Senior Director
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive in February 2009.

Interview Details – Colgate has a good HR department the generally organizes everything. If there is a real position, they generally will make a decision rather quickly. It's a culture that values alignment, so you would generally meet with a lot of people.

Interview Question – Relocation in always an issue unless you are in the US   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Relatively easy, the offer was excellent compared to my previous job, so I didn't negotiate. I should have probably negotiated for a better title - everything is by salary grade, so you may ask HR where you would be and what that looks like with respect to others with the same title

Intern Interview

Intern
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive in May 2011.

Interview Details – The HR department was quite disorganized wiith the hiring and screening process. It took them over two months to issue out interview schedule after the deadline of the application. It took them over one month to issue out job offer notification after the interview.

Scheduling was terrible; poor communication with interview candidates; no notification that there could be an interview that is to be done over phone rather an in-person meeting.

The worst part was that when following up via phone. I get no return phone calls after leaving voicemails. When it is on the phone, they had no idea how far the screening process has progressed or how long it will take to give a definite answer. Very disappointed with the logistics and workflow of the HR department of a Fortune 500 company.

Quite the surprise and unexpected!

Interview asked many behavioral questions and background. Interviewers are are very courteous and professional in manner.

Interview Question – How would you handle a difficult problem at hand with a team of people?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive in April 2011.

Interview Details – I applied through my college recruiting system and got a response from an HR person for a on-site interview. Ended up being interviewed by 4 people total, half hour each. The questions were rather simple and mostly covered my qualifications, details about my resume and plans for future. Everybody was extremely nice and the whole interview process didn't feel formal, which reflects the overall culture of the company.

Interview Questions

Management Trainee Interview

Management Trainee
New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive in March 2008.

Interview Details – tough interviewing for marketing position. lots of impromptu brand analysis questions and approach assessment questions. also usual crop of "tell me about a time" stuff. so come prepared with knowledge of brand elements, situational questions, attitude assessment questions and of course be prepared for the unknown. e.g. the first question they posed is why would i like to stay in new york (i didnt even want to but had to answer something asap).

Interview Question – general brand and marketing oriented questions   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Finance
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive in August 2009.

Interview Details – You see several people within the day. It usually lasts at least several hours. Depending on the position, the minimum number people you are being interviewed is about 5, sometimes 6 people. Do not expect an instant feedback as the company takes a very long time making a decision on hiring.

Interview Question – Give me an example when you have implemented something. What did you do and what was the result?   Answer Question

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Assistant Brand Manager
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive in April 2009.

Interview Details – Heard about the interview from a headhunter and submitted my resume for consideration. I had a phone interview with an HR rep. It was a standard behavioral interview (i.e. Tell me a time when type of questions.) I was invited to HQ in NYC soon after. There were 8 candidates for 3 openings on various teams. Every candidate interviewed with 3 Marketers and 1 HR rep. My overall experience was great. All of the interviewers were very nice and the questions were straightforward. The best advice I can give to a potential interviewee is to remember to answer the interview questions in the standard STAR format.

Interview Question – Tell me about a brand that does not compete in your current category that is not doing performing well and why?   Answer Question

Worked for Colgate-Palmolive? Contribute to the Community!