Colgate-Palmolive Interview Questions in New York, NY

3.2

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Contacted for an initial phone screen- no surprising questions there. She was very nice, but the interview seemed to go very fast. I wasn't expecting to, but I received a follow up email a week later requesting to set up another interview session (4 separate 1/2 hour interviews with 1-2 people interviewing for each one). I didnt feel like the professionals I spoke with were very enthusiastic about their career even when I asked them questions about themselves/the company/etc.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you anticipating a consumer need.   Answer Question

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person – interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive.

Had a HR telephone call which went for about 45 minutes. It was very conversational and I really enjoyed it. Opened with the classic 'Tell me about yourself' and then went into various aspects of the role. I asked questions about a few people I knew who worked there (and that she knew) and what opportunities are available.

Interview Questions
    • Interviewed focused a bit more on 'big data' analytics than I originally expected. It's a core focus on my MBA and my summer internship before hand so was able to work through this.   Answer Question

Corporate Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Colgate-Palmolive in November 2013.

I received a phone interview from HR in October 2013. The interview lasted for 30 minutes. A couple of days after the phone interview I got onsite interview invitation. In onsite interview I met two Corporate Finance managers and one HR manager. The whole interview process was very casual. I got the offer in the next week.

Retail Category Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Colgate-Palmolive in July 2013.

Phone interview with HR, followed by in-person panel interview in NYC office. HR phone interview screen for skills and advised that willingness to relocate anywhere was a prerequisite. Therefore, you need to demonstrate flexibility for career path into different functional areas, as well as geographical flexibility. When arriving to NYC for in-person interview, HR person took me to a conference room where two people interviewed me. The questions were situational and the experience was pleasant.

Interview Questions
    • HR person surprised me when asking if I had my presentation ready when she took me to the interview room. I asked her what she was talking about, and she said her email had advised me that I'd need to create and present an catman example to my interviewers, and that I was supposed to have hard copies for them. (I subsequently checked my emails, and confirmed that there was no mention of a presentation). After the interviews, she told me that she double checked her records, and that this position did not require a presentation.   View Answers (2)

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Colgate-Palmolive in May 2011.

The HR department was quite disorganized wiith the hiring and screening process. It took them over two months to issue out interview schedule after the deadline of the application. It took them over one month to issue out job offer notification after the interview.

Scheduling was terrible; poor communication with interview candidates; no notification that there could be an interview that is to be done over phone rather an in-person meeting.

The worst part was that when following up via phone. I get no return phone calls after leaving voicemails. When it is on the phone, they had no idea how far the screening process has progressed or how long it will take to give a definite answer. Very disappointed with the logistics and workflow of the HR department of a Fortune 500 company.

Quite the surprise and unexpected!

Interview asked many behavioral questions and background. Interviewers are are very courteous and professional in manner.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a difficult problem at hand with a team of people?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Colgate-Palmolive in April 2011.

I applied through my college recruiting system and got a response from an HR person for a on-site interview. Ended up being interviewed by 4 people total, half hour each. The questions were rather simple and mostly covered my qualifications, details about my resume and plans for future. Everybody was extremely nice and the whole interview process didn't feel formal, which reflects the overall culture of the company.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between costs and expenses?   Answer Question
    • What do you want to take away from this position?   View Answer

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Colgate-Palmolive in August 2009.

You see several people within the day. It usually lasts at least several hours. Depending on the position, the minimum number people you are being interviewed is about 5, sometimes 6 people. Do not expect an instant feedback as the company takes a very long time making a decision on hiring.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example when you have implemented something. What did you do and what was the result?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Colgate-Palmolive in May 2009.

Phone interview and face to face interviews

Interview Questions
    • Situational questions. Expect competency based questions.   Answer Question
    Offer letter with little negotiation since it was entry level.

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Colgate-Palmolive in April 2009.

The interview process at Colgate begins with a phone screen with an HR Manager. It is fairly straight forward regarding phone screens. Typical walk through your resume, highlight key achievements, discuss why you are interested in Colgate.

The in-person interview is based on typical behavioral interview questions...tell me about a time when you...(fill in the blank based on core competencies required for the job). Key highlight is (as it was explained) the interviewers use a standardized interview booklet. Your goal is to get the most points based on your responses. This is accomplished by providing details about what you did and why you did what you did and what was accomplished. Pretty straight forward.

Everyone at Colgate was VERY nice and didn't come across as trying to trip you up. They really seemed interested in understanding your experience and how well you would fit in Colgate.

Key point - make sure you know why you want to work at Colgate. Location in NYC is not a good response. Globalization, innovation, culture - are better. Make sure you do your ground work regarding Colgate. People are nice but it isn't a slide interview.

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Colgate-Palmolive in April 2009.

Heard about the interview from a headhunter and submitted my resume for consideration. I had a phone interview with an HR rep. It was a standard behavioral interview (i.e. Tell me a time when type of questions.) I was invited to HQ in NYC soon after. There were 8 candidates for 3 openings on various teams. Every candidate interviewed with 3 Marketers and 1 HR rep. My overall experience was great. All of the interviewers were very nice and the questions were straightforward. The best advice I can give to a potential interviewee is to remember to answer the interview questions in the standard STAR format.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a brand that does not compete in your current category that is not doing performing well and why?   Answer Question