Collaborative Consulting

Relevance Date Difficulty

Director of Practice Interview

Director of Practice
New Brunswick, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Collaborative Consulting in January 2014.

Interview Details – Initial Communication - The initial communication started with company sr recruiter for a architect position that they have with one of their client and if I am open for a fulltime or contracting role. Started in Nov. My conversation went pretty well and the company recruiter was courteous and talented.

Interview Process - I had 2 technical rounds - Min Nov, one with Practice Lead(Sr. Director) and then with CTO. They went well, infact I got a thank you email from CTO for being available (that's un-usual and very kind).

I had 2 days of in person interviews in Jan in their NJ and Boston office. These interviews were with company leadersrhip - COO, Marketing head - NJ, recruitment head, Practice lead - PE, Sales and CSM leadership that are working with client.

The courtesy offered was great, people were very warm and receptive.

I got reply's to my thank you emails from some of the folks. That's kind of nice.

Sr. Recruiter with whom I was working was on top of things - most of the time.

Interview Question – Can you bring in new business or do you have strong relationships that will be useful to us ?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Currently Negotiating. Its going good.
I have a meeting with my reporting seniors on responsibilities, performance KPIs and bonus.

Principal Consultant Interview

Principal Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Collaborative Consulting.

Interview Details – Phone screen with HR person, one phone call with current employee, then a face to face interview with 3 other people.

Interview Question – These were all standard behavioral questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation - they are fairly standard in their offers

Very Difficult Interview

Director of Business Development Interview

Director of Business Development
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3+ months - interviewed at Collaborative Consulting in March 2013.

Interview Details – Multiple interviews by phone and in person with the SVP and President, CFO and CTO.

Interview Question – Define the known market for the services you will be selling in terms of number of firms, geography, and segments, plus the approach for each.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Plenty of back and forth until we arrived at the final number, which was acceptable, but lower than expected originally, but still a very fair compensation package considering the market, basically 30% higher than two other offers I had negotiated in the last 12 months and declined.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Burlington, MA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Collaborative Consulting in August 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted by Collaborative and went through an initial phone interview with the recruiter. From there, I had two phone interviews with senior project managers. I was then brought in for a 1:1 interview with the the VP of Operations, a senior project manager and a senior business analyst. I then had two 1:1 interviews, as well as a phone interview with the perspective client. In total, I went through 9 interviews.

Overall, the interviews were very cordial and most of them centered around "tell me about yourself" type of questions. There were no behavioral questions or tests whatsoever. Everyone I spoke with seemed very competent in their areas of expertise and had very extensive backgrounds. They were very open to speaking about the positive and negatives regarding the work and culture at Collaborative. Feedback was generally immediate.

The offer process was a bit different than what I've been used to at other consulting firms. Collaborative doesn't hire talent for the bench or to staff a potential project. Therefore, the offer was contingent of the client actually signing the the SOW for the project. In short, I had an offer, but didn't have an offer. In some ways, I see this as a benefit because a new hire isn't sitting around waiting to staff a project that may or may not materialize (which I've seen other places). But, it does draw out the process considerably and I spent most of the time in the dark about whether or not the client was going to pull the trigger.

Another important note is that Collaborative required that I pass a background check, the offer was also contingent on my passing the client's background check process. This also added additional time to the process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Staff Consultant Interview

Staff Consultant
Burlington, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Collaborative Consulting in January 2010.

Interview Details – A phone interview led to a series of interviews including HR, Technical, and Management interviews. Feedback was immediate and then subsequent phone interviews and in person interviews were scheduled until an appropriate position was located. The final interview was with the client.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Its a tough economy and I received market value and was grateful.

Enterprise Architect Interview

Enterprise Architect

I applied through other source and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Collaborative Consulting in July 2009.

Interview Details – The process included a series of phone interviews from Talent Acquaition, through vertical, horizontal, and then Sr Managment

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with your most difficlut customer?   Answer Question
  • Having been a customer, how would you have dealt with the internal process that we worked through?   Answer Question

Staff Consultant Interview

Staff Consultant

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Collaborative Consulting in July 2008.

Interview Details – i had an intial phone screen with HR manager then an technical interview with project lead then again a phone screen with IT head then finally a face to face round

Interview Question – What is the most critical situation you ever faced in job   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Worked for Collaborative Consulting? Contribute to the Community!