Collaborative Solutions Interview Questions

Updated Apr 3, 2015
Updated Apr 3, 2015

2.6

EPM Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Collaborative Solutions.

Interview

The interview process was very pleasant and concise. It began with an online application followed by an initial phone screen which was very basic and straightforward. Following the phone screen, there were two more phone interviews with two different levels of management. After the second phone interview, the initial recruiter reached back out to me with on offer.

Interview Questions

• I was asked my experience with budgeting, forecasting, and other forms of financial reporting.   Answer Question

Workday HCM Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Collaborative Solutions.

Interview

In person interview was set up, and went well. Most questions were behavioral such as: what experience have you had leading a team, what about your past would benefit you in a consulting career, how would your major (mine is Mathematics) apply to the field, etc. The interview seemed to go well, but there was no correspondence afterwards. After weeks of waiting and sending a couple follow-up emails, there was not any note as to whether my process had been forgotten, whether I had not been selected to continue, or any notice that my emails had been received. Genuinely seemed like great people in person, but there may simply be a lack of communication within the company, at least was my experience.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral, such as how would your past experience relate to consulting.   Answer Question

Workday HCM Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Collaborative Solutions.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter from Reston, VA. The other form of contact other than the email was a phone interview with this young recruiter. Normally, I don't believe age has a factor in how polished or intelligent you are, but in this case, her age and incompetence showed. She was late for the interview, really didn't know much about the position and had a really negative and unprofessional attitude. She also spent a great deal of time talking about her college life in CA. I thought this was about me? In any case, I didn't want the position after speaking with her, and just like I figured, she never followed up. Poor experience to say the least.

Workday HCM Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Collaborative Solutions.

Interview

The process was very smooth. Their recruiter was a great representative of the company and everyone I spoke with was very professional and proud of Collaborative. It was approximately 4 weeks from my application (they use Workday for their Recruiting app) to the offer.

I felt that the interviewers genuinely wanted to make sure I was a cultural fit. The questions were very behavioral / culture focused in nature rather than assessing my functional skills. I come from a PeopleSoft background so I thought that most of the questions would be focused on PeopleSoft. While there were a few, most of the questions focused on project situations, teamwork, and "playing well in the sandbox".

I interviewed (and received offers) from 3 different Workday partners. Based on Collaborative's reputation, its Glassdoor reviews, and the incredible people I met through the interview process, the decision was easy.

Interview Questions

• Lots of situational based questions which had me on my toes.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Collaborative Solutions (Boston, MA) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview process was extremely positive. The recruiter was very responsive and helpful with any questions I had. It was nice to be able to do a Skype interview because of where I was located and where the interviewer was located, however we experienced some technical difficulties but that is to be expected

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Collaborative Solutions (Reston, VA) in November 2014.

Interview

It was a quick and painless process, I applied on their website, spoke with the college recruiter(who was great!), and she set me up with another interview. There were multiple interviews with a few people in the company, asking different questions, to make sure I was a good fit. I believe there were 3 interviews total.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to relate the tasks in my former jobs to the job description they laid out.   1 Answer

EPM Analyst Interview

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Collaborative Solutions in November 2014.

Interview

I received an email from a recruiter after applying on the company website. She was very professional and asked about my background and experience via phone interview. I was told I would hear back within a week or so about the position. The following Monday I reached out to her and was told that despite my qualifications they had found someone more suited for the position.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my priory experience and why I wanted to work for CS   Answer Question

Workday HCM Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Collaborative Solutions.

Interview

I interviewed for the HCM Analyst position last year and I had two very positive experiences when the campus recruiter and a senior consultant came to my university career fair. They clearly both believed in the company, the mission, and the positive work ethic with is pervasive throughout the company. After submitting my application online through the company career website, I had two phone interviews with were both with senior consultants. They were mostly conversational and the interviewers were very friendly while gathering more details about the internship experiences I had listed on my resume. After the second phone interview, I was invited to the Reston office for an in-person interview and I spoke with a senior consultant as well as the COO himself. It's indicative of the company's values that even the top level executives want to make time in their schedules to interview someone for a starting position like Analyst. They clearly care about choosing quality people who are going to be positive, productive members of the team. After the in-person interview I received an official offer a week later and the campus recruiter who was my main point of contact was excellent at staying in touch over the next few months and answering all of my on-boarding questions leading up to my start date.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question I received was "How well do you know your learning style?" The interviewer explained that this was important especially for new hires because when you are first hired you go through three weeks of intensive training and it is paramount that you have a strategy for absorbing all the material effectively.   Answer Question

Workday HCM Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Collaborative Solutions (Reston, VA) in August 2014.

Interview

I heard about the position through a friend who is an employee at CS and reached out to the recruiter who was a very young and inexperienced (self-proclaimed) girl from CA. The initial phone interview went very well, basic questions and conversation. I was then supposed to be scheduled for a second round interview and I waited 2 weeks to get scheduled. Finally only after I had to reach out to the recruiter, I was informed that hiring was put on hold for about 5 - 6 months. I was interested in the job so I waited. I reached out a number of times during those months to ensure that I would not be lost or forgotten. I was assured that I was on the list to call as soon as hiring resumed. About 5 months later I heard from my friend that hiring had resumed although I never heard from the recruiter (she completely forgot about all of the people she has spoke with in months prior, not only myself). I reached out to her and was finally scheduled for the second interview. The conversation went fantastic and I was even more excited. I was then scheduled for a third interview which went awesome as well. Then I had a fourth and a fifth. All of which went really well. The entire process was overseen by the initial recruiter. The fifth interview was supposed to be the last but then the hiring manager was on vacation for a week so they decided to squeeze me in for a sixth interview. Keep in mind that each interview was an hour long phone conversation with people in various positions. I took the sixth interview and then was told I should hear something by the end of the week. That week came and went. Then another week came and I emailed the recruiter and received no response. I followed up again the following week with no response again! Then I sent another email the week after that. I went a total of three weeks after my last interview before hearing back from her late on a Friday afternoon. It was the generic, "sorry but we went with another candidate" response. I emailed her for feed back and essentially got the same email in different wording.
    I am not even upset that I did not get the job. After being jerked around for so long I can see that this company does not have their act together and it probably would have been a huge mistake for me to take a job with them. It is ironic however, that a company that supposedly consults for HCM, Financial, and recruiting software has such a deplorable recruiting process.

Interview Questions

• None. I found all the questions to be exceedingly easy and received positive feedback from all of my interviewers.   Answer Question

Collaborative Solutions Response

Nov 6, 2014Manager, People Services

We are sorry that you felt there was a lack of communication throughout the recruiting process. We always appreciate any feedback that can help us improve our recruiting process and we thank you for ... More

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Collaborative Solutions.

Interview

I went through 2 phone interviews and one in person. The 1st phone interview was to see if you were a good match for the company. The 2nd interview was based on technical skills. The 3rd was to physically meet you.