Collaborative Solutions Interview Questions

Updated Aug 19, 2015

2.7

People Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Collaborative Solutions (Pleasanton, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Great interview process! I had a phone screen with the recruiting manager and then went in for an in person interview the next week. Questions asked were very relevant to the position and some behavioral questions were asked as well. Very friendly interviewers - I met with three different people. Unfortunately I was not offered the position but the communication was very timely and overall a great interview experience.

Junior Workday Technical Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Collaborative Solutions in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process consisted of 1) phone interview with an HR representative; 2) phone interview with a Technical Analyst in my prospective team; and 3) Skype interview with a senior Consultant in my prospective team. This was one of the best interview experience I've had, for the HR person quickly responded to any questions I had, and by speaking with the people whose team I might be joining, I was able to gain a firm grasp of the culture and the kind of tasks I will be handling. I'm highly satisfied with the job offer, and believe that the company is genuinely interested in my professional development. I can't wait to start working here!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work with someone with a different perspective or an idea about a problem.   Answer Question

Workday HCM Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Collaborative Solutions in July 2015.

Interview

Standard Interview Process. Had a few minor issues with the recruiter but overall pretty good and very fast follow-up. I interviewed with the recruiter, another HCM consultant, manager and then director. They also checked 3 references. I was told I had excellent feedback from everyone but ended up not receiving an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult client/customer?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Collaborative Solutions (Reston, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

This was my best interview experience as I was job searching! The process was very straight forward and I was always able to get in touch with my recruiter.The communication was open and the questions I was asked were relevant to what I would be doing in the position. During my second interview I was supposed to have a phone call with a team member that ended up having a family matter they had to step away for at the last minute so the President & COO of the company jumped on the phone with me, while he was traveling, to conduct my second interview. How cool! I felt really valued and it was great to see that Collaborative really cares about their candidates and respects their time. Overall, my recruiter did an amazing job communicating with me on where I was in the process and each interview felt like a conversation where they were getting to know me and my skills vs. question after question feeling like I was being quizzed. Great interview experience!

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your current position? What skills have you learned that would help you in this role?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate my offer because it was a really great offer to begin with.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Collaborative Solutions in April 2015.

Interview

Very fast and straight-forward interview process; I was contacted the day after applying and had four interviews over the course of a few weeks. I had a phone screen with a recruiter first, then had Skype interviews with members of the marketing team, and ended with an interview with the VP of Marketing. The recruiter was so friendly and informative, and especially quick to respond. Nothing out of the ordinary in terms of questions, just be yourself! Everyone was extremely inviting and it seemed to be a great culture fit along with awesome benefits, so my decision to accept was easy.

Interview Questions

• In-depth questions on previous work experience/education   Answer Question

Jul 16, 2015 – Marketing Specialist

We're so happy to hear that you had a great interview experience with us! It's great to have you as a Collabie!

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Collaborative Solutions in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was straightforward, I had about 4 phone/skype interviews. They didn't ask any questions out of the ordinary. Everyone I spoke to gave insight into the company and details as to what they expected of the role. They also spoke highly of their culture and executive team. They definitely wanted to find the right fit for both the organization and myself. The recruiter I worked with was amazing! She was respectful and always got back to me in a reasonable amount of time.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate

Jul 16, 2015 – Marketing Specialist

Thanks for taking the time to tell us about your great experience! We really pride ourselves on our energetic and positive company culture and open door policy with our leadership team. Welcome to ... More

EPM Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Collaborative Solutions.

Interview

The interview process was very pleasant and concise. It began with an online application followed by an initial phone screen which was very basic and straightforward. Following the phone screen, there were two more phone interviews with two different levels of management. After the second phone interview, the initial recruiter reached back out to me with on offer.

Interview Questions

• I was asked my experience with budgeting, forecasting, and other forms of financial reporting.   Answer Question

Jul 16, 2015 – Marketing Specialist

Thanks for your feedback and glad to hear you had a positive interview experience! Welcome to the team!

Engagement Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Collaborative Solutions in March 2015.

Interview

I applied for an engagement manager role. The HR recruiter called and asked if I would be interested in a change management consultant role. I was really looking for a manager role but I agreed to the interview. It went pretty well, the HR rep knew her stuff as she asked some very targeted questions. When we discussed salary is where things got kinda awkward. As we were pretty far apart. I asked about a manager role in CM area and she told me that they don't hire managers from the outside. I would have take a consultant role and prove myself. That sounded crazy to me as I have over 10 years of CM experience. Anyway, she said she would present me to the hiring mgr. A few days later I got an email saying thanks but no thanks. I was fine with that because it didn't feel like a good for me anyway.

Interview Questions

Collaborative Solutions Response

Jul 16, 2015 – Marketing Specialist

We're sorry to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations and appreciate your feedback on our interview process. We are always looking for ways to make Collaborative a great place to ... More

Workday HCM Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Collaborative Solutions.

Interview

In person interview was set up, and went well. Most questions were behavioral such as: what experience have you had leading a team, what about your past would benefit you in a consulting career, how would your major (mine is Mathematics) apply to the field, etc. The interview seemed to go well, but there was no correspondence afterwards. After weeks of waiting and sending a couple follow-up emails, there was not any note as to whether my process had been forgotten, whether I had not been selected to continue, or any notice that my emails had been received. Genuinely seemed like great people in person, but there may simply be a lack of communication within the company, at least was my experience.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral, such as how would your past experience relate to consulting.   Answer Question

Jul 16, 2015 – Marketing Specialist

We're sorry about the lack of communication during your interview process. We really value your thoughts and use them to help us improve our candidate's interview experience in the future. Wishing ... More

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Collaborative Solutions in February 2015.

Interview

Phone screening interview request within one week of application submittal and received a cancellation email 7 minutes the interview. Once the interview was finally rescheduled, the recruiter said I would be a better fit for another position but I would have to reapply since she wasn't the recruiter for it. Why would an applicant have to start the process over if the recruiter has found the perfect person for another position outside of what they applied to? Also, I had to contact them regarding the status of my application though they said I would here something by a specific date. Very unprofessional experience.

Interview Questions

• Mainly behavioral questions; tell me about a challenge you faced.   Answer Question

Jul 16, 2015 – Marketing Specialist

We're so sorry to hear you didn't have the best interview experience with us. We're constantly make adjustments to the way we interview our candidates and value your feedback. Best of luck in the ... More