Collaborative Solutions

Updated Feb 19, 2015
Updated Feb 19, 2015

2.6

Workday HCM Analyst Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Collaborative Solutions.

In person interview was set up, and went well. Most questions were behavioral such as: what experience have you had leading a team, what about your past would benefit you in a consulting career, how would your major (mine is Mathematics) apply to the field, etc. The interview seemed to go well, but there was no correspondence afterwards. After weeks of waiting and sending a couple follow-up emails, there was not any note as to whether my process had been forgotten, whether I had not been selected to continue, or any notice that my emails had been received. Genuinely seemed like great people in person, but there may simply be a lack of communication within the company, at least was my experience.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly behavioral, such as how would your past experience relate to consulting.   Answer Question

Workday HCM Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Collaborative Solutions.

I was contacted by a recruiter from Reston, VA. The other form of contact other than the email was a phone interview with this young recruiter. Normally, I don't believe age has a factor in how polished or intelligent you are, but in this case, her age and incompetence showed. She was late for the interview, really didn't know much about the position and had a really negative and unprofessional attitude. She also spent a great deal of time talking about her college life in CA. I thought this was about me? In any case, I didn't want the position after speaking with her, and just like I figured, she never followed up. Poor experience to say the least.

Workday HCM Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Collaborative Solutions.

The process was very smooth. Their recruiter was a great representative of the company and everyone I spoke with was very professional and proud of Collaborative. It was approximately 4 weeks from my application (they use Workday for their Recruiting app) to the offer.

I felt that the interviewers genuinely wanted to make sure I was a cultural fit. The questions were very behavioral / culture focused in nature rather than assessing my functional skills. I come from a PeopleSoft background so I thought that most of the questions would be focused on PeopleSoft. While there were a few, most of the questions focused on project situations, teamwork, and "playing well in the sandbox".

I interviewed (and received offers) from 3 different Workday partners. Based on Collaborative's reputation, its Glassdoor reviews, and the incredible people I met through the interview process, the decision was easy.

Interview Questions
    • Lots of situational based questions which had me on my toes.   Answer Question

EPM Analyst Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at Collaborative Solutions in November 2014.

I received an email from a recruiter after applying on the company website. She was very professional and asked about my background and experience via phone interview. I was told I would hear back within a week or so about the position. The following Monday I reached out to her and was told that despite my qualifications they had found someone more suited for the position.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about my priory experience and why I wanted to work for CS   Answer Question

Workday HCM Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Collaborative Solutions.

I interviewed for the HCM Analyst position last year and I had two very positive experiences when the campus recruiter and a senior consultant came to my university career fair. They clearly both believed in the company, the mission, and the positive work ethic with is pervasive throughout the company. After submitting my application online through the company career website, I had two phone interviews with were both with senior consultants. They were mostly conversational and the interviewers were very friendly while gathering more details about the internship experiences I had listed on my resume. After the second phone interview, I was invited to the Reston office for an in-person interview and I spoke with a senior consultant as well as the COO himself. It's indicative of the company's values that even the top level executives want to make time in their schedules to interview someone for a starting position like Analyst. They clearly care about choosing quality people who are going to be positive, productive members of the team. After the in-person interview I received an official offer a week later and the campus recruiter who was my main point of contact was excellent at staying in touch over the next few months and answering all of my on-boarding questions leading up to my start date.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question I received was "How well do you know your learning style?" The interviewer explained that this was important especially for new hires because when you are first hired you go through three weeks of intensive training and it is paramount that you have a strategy for absorbing all the material effectively.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Collaborative Solutions in August 2014.

I heard about the position through a friend who is an employee at CS and reached out to the recruiter who was a very young and inexperienced (self-proclaimed) girl from CA. The initial phone interview went very well, basic questions and conversation. I was then supposed to be scheduled for a second round interview and I waited 2 weeks to get scheduled. Finally only after I had to reach out to the recruiter, I was informed that hiring was put on hold for about 5 - 6 months. I was interested in the job so I waited. I reached out a number of times during those months to ensure that I would not be lost or forgotten. I was assured that I was on the list to call as soon as hiring resumed. About 5 months later I heard from my friend that hiring had resumed although I never heard from the recruiter (she completely forgot about all of the people she has spoke with in months prior, not only myself). I reached out to her and was finally scheduled for the second interview. The conversation went fantastic and I was even more excited. I was then scheduled for a third interview which went awesome as well. Then I had a fourth and a fifth. All of which went really well. The entire process was overseen by the initial recruiter. The fifth interview was supposed to be the last but then the hiring manager was on vacation for a week so they decided to squeeze me in for a sixth interview. Keep in mind that each interview was an hour long phone conversation with people in various positions. I took the sixth interview and then was told I should hear something by the end of the week. That week came and went. Then another week came and I emailed the recruiter and received no response. I followed up again the following week with no response again! Then I sent another email the week after that. I went a total of three weeks after my last interview before hearing back from her late on a Friday afternoon. It was the generic, "sorry but we went with another candidate" response. I emailed her for feed back and essentially got the same email in different wording.
    I am not even upset that I did not get the job. After being jerked around for so long I can see that this company does not have their act together and it probably would have been a huge mistake for me to take a job with them. It is ironic however, that a company that supposedly consults for HCM, Financial, and recruiting software has such a deplorable recruiting process.

Interview Questions
    • None. I found all the questions to be exceedingly easy and received positive feedback from all of my interviewers.   Answer Question

Collaborative Solutions Response

Nov 6, 2014Manager, People Services

We are sorry that you felt there was a lack of communication throughout the recruiting process. We always appreciate any feedback that can help us improve our recruiting process and we thank you for ... More

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Collaborative Solutions.

I went through 2 phone interviews and one in person. The 1st phone interview was to see if you were a good match for the company. The 2nd interview was based on technical skills. The 3rd was to physically meet you.

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Collaborative Solutions in May 2014.

The interview process was pretty standard. Initially contact by CS's internal recruiter who spent about 45 minutes with me for a phone screen. This was followed by hour long Skype with the Director of Sales which lasted about 90 minutes. The second interview was also a skype interview with the GVP of Sales and Marketing and this also lasted about an hour and 20 minutes. The final interview was supposed to occur in Reston at the HQ, but scheduling was difficult. Instead, it was a 1:1 face to face interview over dinner nearby.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult or unexpected question had to do with situations where I had to work with a client that was unhappy.   View Answer
    Very straight-forward. No complaints

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Collaborative Solutions in March 2014.

The interview process was relatively straight forward and short. It started with a phone interview with a recruiter. There was nothing out of the ordinary in terms of questions - a basic conversation about prior experiences, etc. The next step was an in-person interview with the hiring manager. Again, nothing out of the ordinary. It was a great conversation with a natural flow - didn't feel like an interview at all! Following my in-person meeting, I had subsequent phone conversations with a variety of folks whom I would be working with should I be offered the position. Each person had their own interview style but all were very professional, yet personal. The recruiter kept me informed of the status of the process at all times and was extremely responsive. Overall, it was a great interview experience that truly led me to accept the offer!

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any questions that were difficult. I would say the most surprising element of the interview was when one of the interviewers asked me to have a mock phone presentation as though he was a prospect and I was selling him something.   Answer Question
    There was a negotiation on salary and start date.

Principal Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Collaborative Solutions in March 2014.

I had 3 phone interviews, 1 was via Skype. Straight forward questions that are used to gauge your technical expertise and personality most to see if you fit in with the rest of the team. Everyone was very nice and did not make you feel uncomfortable during the interview process. First 2 interviews where with employees around middle management. Last interview was with senior management.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really like I said before questions were straight forward . There were no difficult questions. Do not lie about what you know and you will not have any problems.   Answer Question
    No need to negotiation. I gave them the price range I was looking for and they gave me what I was looking for and more on the first try. No need for back and forth.