Collective Brands

8 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Ecommerce Customer Service Representative Interview

Ecommerce Customer Service Representative

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Collective Brands.

Interview Details – From the time called for interview and actually receiving an offer was more than a month

Negotiation Details – I ask for more and got it.

Merchandise Distribution Interview

Merchandise Distribution
Topeka, KS

The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Collective Brands in October 2011.

Interview Details – I spent a full day at the Collective Brands head office, where I had 30 min interviews with people from various departments.

Interview Question – A whole slew of behavioral questions. What would you do to solve a conflict between 2 people etc.   Answer Question

HRIS Project Lead Interview

HRIS Project Lead
Topeka, KS

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Collective Brands in January 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter that saw my resume online and thought I was an excellent fit for the position. He had very good things to say about the company. About a week or so after speaking with the recruiter, a phone interview was setup with the recruiter at CBI. I spoke with the recruiter and the hiring manager over the phone. I was asked typical behavioral questions after talking about my experience. Was not furthered considered for the position because CBI decided they wanted someone with formal management experience. Wish I had known that's what they wanted in the beginning.

Interview Questions

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Software Quality Engineer Interview

Software Quality Engineer
Topeka, KS

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Collective Brands in November 2010.

Interview Details – Had panel interview with HR representative, a Director and Manager. The interview was pleasant and fairly easy as they only asked the standard "What would you do..." or "Tell me about a time when...". This was not my first interview there and they've been known to do phone interviews along with multiple interviews over the course of several hours talking with various people within the organization.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you experienced conflict with a co-worker. What did you do to resolve the issue?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you were given a task with little to no guidance. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Any offer is negotiable, there is a range they have in mind and will move if you counter-offer.

Marketing Interview

Marketing
Lexington, MA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Collective Brands in March 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview was great, very nice lady from Kansas City called me three times about three different positions after our initial chat. Seemed very eager to get me in on a one on one. Finally got to the one on one and it lated for 3 hours. Met everyone in the whole department, some 1:1, some in pairs of two. Weren't too threatening.

Interview Question – What is your weakness?   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst

The process took 4 days - interviewed at Collective Brands in August 2008.

Interview Details – The interview process started out with a phone screen. After that there were 7 face to face interviews at the corporate office. Some interviews were with managers, some directors, and one with the VP. Everyone was very nice during the interview process.

Interview Question – Walk me through the cash flow statement   Answer Question

Database Developer Interview

Database Developer

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Collective Brands in February 2012.

Interview Details – My resume was submitted, they got interested and asked to submit references. I provided mail reference from my previous piers and supervisor. Then they asked if it was okay for them to call them. Seemed a bite strange, that they wanted to talk to my reference before talking to me, yet shared the contact details. They talked to them, and no reply for days. I mailed them to know what happened. The reply was they are looking for someone with cobol experience...... Didnt you read my resume !!!!!!!

Interview Question – What is your previous experience   View Answer

Anonymous Interview

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Collective Brands in May 2011.

Interview Details – Pretty standard interview questions. Would ask you to give an example of a time you had to do various activities such as direct a group or give a peer constructive criticism. There was also an extensive personality test and online application to fill out. After the 1:1 interview candidates were required to take an online skill exam that took 45 minutes. It consisted of logic questions and other general skills.

Interview Question – When was a time you had to give a peer criticism, and how did you go about it?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Collective Brands? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Collective Brands interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Collective Brands employees and interview candidates.