College Board

Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Director Interview

Associate Director
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at College Board.

Interview Details – Had a phone conversation and then 2 interviews in the NY office meeting with two and three people, respectively, at each visit

Interview Question – It was challenging because each employee was talking to me as if I already had the position. It was a good feeling but also a little confusing. No real questions were asked but more of a conversation regarding the goals and objectives of the position   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did try and negotiate for a flexible schedule but it seems as though that depends on your manager and varies from department to department. I did not negotiate salary.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Associate Director Interview

Associate Director

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at College Board in April 2010.

Interview Details – Multiple interviews. I interviewed with 3 people who I have not seen since my interviews, so the interview process is not 100% reflective of the team you'll work with.

Interview Question – No surprising interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't do that great of a job of negotiating (I basically told them I would accept the offer - and then started negotiating - bad idea) - HR made me disclose my salary history. I got a nice salary bump, but I wish I hadn't been so transparent.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at College Board

Worked for College Board? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at College Board Associate Director interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by College Board employees and interview candidates.