College Board

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Educational Manager

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at College Board in May 2010.

Interview Details – I interviewed for a higher position, and then they decided to give it to an incumbent. I was offered the position that the incumbent had vacated.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult.   Answer Question

Educational Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at College Board.

Interview Details – The hiring process was very long and in the end I ended up going with another position, as I had already been interviewing for 2 months. However, it seemed like a great team environment and a great organization with whom to work. They are very mission driven.

Interview Question – Describe a challenge you faced at work at how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Educational Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at College Board in July 2011.

Interview Details – My experience interviewing with the College Board is not a positive one, and not necessarily because I never received an offer. It was a really protracted experience. I was referred by a former co-worker and had a casual conversation via phone with the hiring manager. A week later I officially applied online. A week later I had a screening interview with an HR/Office Manager person. A week later, I was emailed that I made it to round two which involved a group interview, a 15 min mock presentation, and a 1:1 with the hiring manager. That all happened a week after. A week later, I received an email saying that I would receive an email with a link to a personality/skills test. I took the hour long test (lots of Likert descriptive statements, word/number analogies and patterns). A week later I received an email that I made it to the next 1:1 interview with a regional VP--three weeks later. I had that interview, then...nothing. I contacted the office manager and hiring manager to follow up, and was apologized to and was to be contacted with next steps soon after. Then...nothing. I contacted them one last time and was told the position was put on hold, but that I was a final candidate. Never heard from them again.

The whole process took almost 3 months. They were nice enough (until the end), but it really took too long. The position was a sales position, but there seemed to be no urgency in filling it, which I think is a red flag. Finally, to have me jump through all those hoops only to never hear a final word is unprofessional.

Interview Question – There were multiple questions about qualifying potential new customers.   Answer Question

Worked for College Board? Contribute to the Community!