College Board

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Educational Manager

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at College Board in May 2010.

Interview Details – I interviewed for a higher position, and then they decided to give it to an incumbent. I was offered the position that the incumbent had vacated.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult.   Answer Question

Educational Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at College Board.

Interview Details – The hiring process was very long and in the end I ended up going with another position, as I had already been interviewing for 2 months. However, it seemed like a great team environment and a great organization with whom to work. They are very mission driven.

Interview Question – Describe a challenge you faced at work at how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Educational Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at College Board in July 2011.

Interview Details – My experience interviewing with the College Board is not a positive one, and not necessarily because I never received an offer. It was a really protracted experience. I was referred by a former co-worker and had a casual conversation via phone with the hiring manager. A week later I officially applied online. A week later I had a screening interview with an HR/Office Manager person. A week later, I was emailed that I made it to round two which involved a group interview, a 15 min mock presentation, and a 1:1 with the hiring manager. That all happened a week after. A week later, I received an email saying that I would receive an email with a link to a personality/skills test. I took the hour long test (lots of Likert descriptive statements, word/number analogies and patterns). A week later I received an email that I made it to the next 1:1 interview with a regional VP--three weeks later. I had that interview, then...nothing. I contacted the office manager and hiring manager to follow up, and was apologized to and was to be contacted with next steps soon after. Then...nothing. I contacted them one last time and was told the position was put on hold, but that I was a final candidate. Never heard from them again.

The whole process took almost 3 months. They were nice enough (until the end), but it really took too long. The position was a sales position, but there seemed to be no urgency in filling it, which I think is a red flag. Finally, to have me jump through all those hoops only to never hear a final word is unprofessional.

Interview Question – There were multiple questions about qualifying potential new customers.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at College Board

Worked for College Board? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at College Board Educational Manager interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by College Board employees and interview candidates.