College Board

Updated Oct 30, 2014

Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at College Board.

Most unprofessional interview I've ever had. HR lined up more than a dozen candidates in the same room, waiting for hours for the technical interviews. It is like a "gladiator" scene. After surviving the farce of the first round, I was called back for management interview. The questions were vague, CTO (or is it CIO?) was a no show. Received a curt email from HR that I was no longer in the run.

Months later, HR contacted me for the same job. Are you kidding?

Assistant Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at College Board.

This process was highly inflexible and unorganized. They didn't have a good sense of what the role would actually be doing and asked the same questions over and over in the interview. Once it came to final stages they made it seem as though they would be moving forward with an offer only to go in a different direction at random.

Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at College Board.

I applied for a job listing on their website. A few months later, I got an email from HR to set up a phone interview. After calls with several people, I was asked to come to the office, where I spent an entire afternoon interviewing with numerous high-level people. Everyone was very pleasant and they seemed eager to speak with me.

At the end of the day, HR told me I would be moving forward. However, HR never got in touch about next steps nor responded to my follow-ups. Months after my interview, I still haven't even received a rejection (the reason I gave an overall negative experience).

Interview Questions
    • Most of the interview questions were not questions per se but more of the "We need someone to do X" variety.   Answer Question

Senior Director Interview

I applied online – interviewed at College Board in September 2014.

I applied online and was emailed for a phone interview with HR about 2 weeks later. The recruiter seemed annoyed with my actual experience, which is very clear on my resume, and questioned why I would apply for the job. It's been about 6 weeks and I haven't hard anything.

Interview Questions
    • She asked a lot of questions about my tech experience, which is really out of the realm of my background (and I was upfront about).   Answer Question

Software Automation Test Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at College Board in May 2014.

Was contacted through a recruiter - First Interview was a phone screening and some basic technical questions.Lasted about 20 mins.
    Then after a week in person interview was scheduled with multiple people.
    First half an hour was about technical questions - java
    Then second half of an hour was with 2 different people and was more about behavioural questions and situation based question

Systems Administrator Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at College Board.

Interview went smoothly and the interviewer was very precise.

Interview Questions
    • Expectations and job description were not properly communicated to the recruiter, which gave a lot of surprises.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at College Board.

It was a phone interview by HR, then a phone interview by accounting management. Followed by a 3rd interview by three more supervisors. The final interview was then by the Chief accountant. Many interviews but everyone was friendly.

Interview Questions
    • They want to know why you are leaving your job. They prefer someone who is stable and wants to make a career with them, not just passing by.   Answer Question
    They are very difficult to negotiate and have one number, and thats it.

Associate Director Digital Communications Interview

I applied online – interviewed at College Board in March 2014.

I applied online trhough their website and was contacted by the nicest HR person. Then there where about 4 phone interviews which all seemed very postive. The down side is even though everyone is really nice you don't get much feedback on anything you say or the way it's going.

Interview Questions
    • The hiring manager was very stand-off ish when it came to giving any type of feedback on how the conversation was going. Also the VP asked what was my super power.   Answer Question

Assistant Research Scientist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at College Board in February 2014.

Typically first there is a phone interview, then an in person interview and then a long waiting period before you find out if you got an offer or not. Very slow process

Accepted another position

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at College Board in February 2014.

lots of phone interviews