College Board Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 17, 2014
Updated Jul 17, 2014
28 interviews

Assistant Research Scientist Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at College Board in February 2014.

Typically first there is a phone interview, then an in person interview and then a long waiting period before you find out if you got an offer or not. Very slow process

Accepted another position

Software Automation Test Engineer Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at College Board in May 2014.

Was contacted through a recruiter - First Interview was a phone screening and some basic technical questions.Lasted about 20 mins.
    Then after a week in person interview was scheduled with multiple people.
    First half an hour was about technical questions - java
    Then second half of an hour was with 2 different people and was more about behavioural questions and situation based question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at College Board in September 2011.

I had an initial phone interview with a recruiter who then scheduled a phone interview (30 minutes) with the hiring manager. I passed that round and was then scheduled to have onsite interviews with the hiring manager and three or four other people, including the recruiter (each interview was separate and all on the same day). A few days (maybe a week?) later I received a call to schedule another round of interviews with three or four others. The whole process took about 4 - 6 weeks, and I was finally offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • What did I think was the biggest challenge in education at the time?   Answer Question
    There was very little room for negotiation, but I ended up getting a slight bump from where the offer was.

Systems Administrator Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at College Board.

Interview went smoothly and the interviewer was very precise.

Interview Questions
    • Expectations and job description were not properly communicated to the recruiter, which gave a lot of surprises.   Answer Question

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at College Board in February 2014.

lots of phone interviews

Associate Director Digital Communications Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at College Board in March 2014.

I applied online trhough their website and was contacted by the nicest HR person. Then there where about 4 phone interviews which all seemed very postive. The down side is even though everyone is really nice you don't get much feedback on anything you say or the way it's going.

Interview Questions
    • The hiring manager was very stand-off ish when it came to giving any type of feedback on how the conversation was going. Also the VP asked what was my super power.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at College Board.

It was a phone interview by HR, then a phone interview by accounting management. Followed by a 3rd interview by three more supervisors. The final interview was then by the Chief accountant. Many interviews but everyone was friendly.

Interview Questions
    • They want to know why you are leaving your job. They prefer someone who is stable and wants to make a career with them, not just passing by.   Answer Question
    They are very difficult to negotiate and have one number, and thats it.

Educational Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at College Board.

Applied online through Monster.com. Was contacted over 45 days after applying. Was given a phone interview with basic questions about history, how I'd handle certain situations, etc.

Was asked to come in and interview a week or so later. Came in, did a 1 on 1 with Regional HR manager who while I was there set up a meeting same day with Chief of K12. Then interviewed with Chief 1 on 1.

Took a skills assessment while on site.

Offered job next day.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation at all. Take it or leave it offer.

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at College Board.

Had a phone conversation and then 2 interviews in the NY office meeting with two and three people, respectively, at each visit

Interview Questions
    • It was challenging because each employee was talking to me as if I already had the position. It was a good feeling but also a little confusing. No real questions were asked but more of a conversation regarding the goals and objectives of the position   View Answer
    I did try and negotiate for a flexible schedule but it seems as though that depends on your manager and varies from department to department. I did not negotiate salary.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 months - interviewed at College Board.

You'll meet a cross section of folks from various departments because of the nature of how software development works: your team, the team you'll likely be working hand in hand with (the business), and the service crew who'll support you.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to go into detail regarding the specific technologies the job you're applying for utilizes.   Answer Question
    You'll be talking directly with HR on this one so try to get a feel from the initial interview how much wiggle room you have.

Worked for College Board? Contribute to the Community!