College Coach

Relevance Date Difficulty

Education Manager Interview

Education Manager
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at College Coach in March 2011.

Interview Details – Throughout the process I spoke with 8 people either in person or by phone (2 phone) that spanned nearly two months because of scheduling issues. I also travelled by train to another city for one interview. I was also sent 3 documents to correct and or comment on (email samples with problems that I had to respond to with a solution). In addition, I had to fill out some kind of personality test (I'm blanking out on the name of it now). The interviews all seemed to have gone well and focused primarily on my background, experience and skills - basic stuff that I thought were pretty straightforward and I was relatively comfortable with the procedure. I was told several times that I definitely had what they were looking for and was finally told I was one of two finalists. In the end, however, neither of the two finalists were hired and the job was re-posted. I have no idea, after all that, what they wanted. I didi ask one of the interviewers for feedback and she indicated that I had been a strong candidate and had garnered a lot of support, but in the end the committee couldn't agree on one of us and so they selected neither. I think this was a cop out on their part. One of the interviewers was a VP and she could have taken leadership and just decided on one of us.

Worked for College Coach? Contribute to the Community!