College Nannies and Tutors

Updated Aug 6, 2014

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at College Nannies and Tutors

Nanny Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at College Nannies and Tutors in December 2011.

Referred to me from a friend. I applied online and a Placement Manager called me. We had a phone interview and then I was invited to attend a face-to-face interview at the office. I met with the Placement Manager. There was a background check as well. Submitted to families. I met them at their homes for an in-home interview.

Interview Questions
    • Most seemed to be pretty predictable. Experience with children, how to handle emergencies, how to handle difficult parents.   Answer Question
    I was able to neogiate with my manager to some degree, but not with the parents directly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Overland Park, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

I applied through other source - interviewed at College Nannies and Tutors.

Started off with a brief phone interview. The in-person interview seemed much more like a conversation, very easy and stress-free. However, much that was told to me during the interview about the company ended up not being entirely correct (intensity of training).

Interview Questions
    • Anything related to the tutoring aspect (as that was not the position I was applying and being interviewed for).   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at College Nannies and Tutors in January 2012.

Very laid back. Asked about experience with children and specific items on my resume, where I could travel and how much I would prefer to work. A significant portion of their clients are need a regular nanny and they attempt to find a nanny that will fit a client that client perfectly. After viewing my resume they had a client in mind already and only asked me a few questions before setting up a meeting with the family.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at College Nannies and Tutors in September 2013.

There was a phone interview with basic questions based on my resume. Then, when I went in for a one-on-one interview the interview questions were more behavioral and personality based. My boss asked me questions on how I would react in certain situation and certain experiences and I responded to them.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question for me to answer was where I see myself in five years. I have many different plans so it was difficult to come up with an exact plan.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cupertino, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at College Nannies and Tutors.

I was interviewed in a coffee shop. Asked about my experience as a tutor and in child care. Mostly expected questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mercer Island, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mercer Island, WA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at College Nannies and Tutors in January 2013.

I responded to an ad on Craigslist and then gave her my college GPA and resume. The interview was fine. She asked for my transcript and also asked some basic tutoring behavioral questions. I felt like I was already qualified as an engineering major and she was just going through the list of questions. Later she had to check all three of my references and apparently grilled them pretty hard before she offered me the position

Interview Questions
    • How do you help a student who refuses to pay attention   Answer Question
    She told me 15 dollars an hour when the ad said 15-18. Felt cheap. Didn't ever work one hour for them anyway.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Parkville, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parkville, MO

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at College Nannies and Tutors.

After applying online, I recieved a call the next day for an interview. Very friendly staff. Interview was very casual. Asked questions about what you like most about kids, how to deal with them when they misbehave, what would you do with them on a rainey day, etc.
    I was hired immediatly. Orientation is online.

No negotiations

On-Call Nanny Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Glenview, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glenview, IL

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at College Nannies and Tutors in June 2008.

Got called for an immediately after applying online. When interviewed there was a wide range of reviews and questions to ensure you were a perfect fit to work with children. Have to be certified in CPR and first aid and take online trainings.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult at first is becoming familiar with some areas that you've never visited if called for an assignment.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Flat rate

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Katy, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at College Nannies and Tutors in May 2012.

I applied online and got a call within the week about setting up an interview. When I got home from university, I went in for an interview that lasted 30-45 minutes. It was relaxed and we got to know each other a little. She offered me a job that day that depended on my background check. I met with her again to get briefed about the online training that I had to complete then had my first job a couple days after I completed training.

Interview Questions
    • How would you discipline a child who's parents are still at home?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wayzata, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayzata, MN

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at College Nannies and Tutors in February 2011.

Applied online and received an email shortly after asking to schedule a time for an interview. The interview was very laid back (but still professional). Questions asked were about experience with tutoring and subjects of tutoring. We discussed how the tutorial sessions work (in office and at students' homes) and other company information. Within a few days I received an email with a job offer including the pay information.

Interview Questions
    • How long have you been tutoring?   Answer Question
    • What subjects are you most comfortable in?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle a situation where a student did not want to do the work during a tutorial session?   Answer Question

Worked for College Nannies and Tutors? Contribute to the Community!