College Pro Painters

Updated Oct 27, 2014
Updated Oct 27, 2014

2.4

Job Site Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at College Pro Painters.

Applied on their website. Got a call the next week from the local guy. Mostly a personality and experience interview

Foreman Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgeport, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgeport, CT

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at College Pro Painters.

Applied online. Had a brief phone interview with the local franchisee.

Painter Interview

one interview hired on the spot

Job Site Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at College Pro Painters.

Very short, one phone call then a meeting with the franchise manager

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about paint and painting houses?   View Answer
    No negotiation

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at College Pro Painters in March 2012.

After a short application process I received a short phone interview. After the phone interview there was a few emails sent back and fourth between the recruiter and I. After that there was an in-person interview that was quite casual and short. Basic questions were "What are your financial goals" and "How would you deal with a customers complaints".

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iowa City, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iowa City, IA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at College Pro Painters in February 2012.

I discovered the position on the University of Iowa Jobnet and sent my cover letter/resume to the manager via e-mail.

The manager left me a voicemail message and sent me an e-mail to schedule a brief interview.

After the manager and I scheduled the interview (time and place), I met with him halfway through the week.

The interview was purely personal and informational. The manager wanted to learn more about myself and discussed more of what the job entailed.

Once he asked whether or not I was interested in the job, then he dove into the specifics, collected my contact information, and created my work schedule.

The job interview was very easy!

If this is your first job, then it will be a great resume builder!

Interview Questions
    • When can you work? (Asking for availability)   View Answer
    There is no negotiation. You receive the salary you begin with.

Job Site Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at College Pro Painters in June 2011.

Very simple. Why do you think you are the right fit for this job, etc.

Franchise Owner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at College Pro Painters in February 2011.

you have a phone interview, then a 1:1 with a manager then 1:1 with vp of company

Interview Questions
    • why did I not make any money with as much work as i put into my company and makeing over $60,000 profit for the company   Answer Question

Franchise Owner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Green Bay, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Green Bay, WI

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at College Pro Painters in September 2010.

The interviewing process was very in-depth. It took multiple interviews and multiple call-backs to reach a verdict. The interview process forced me to think outside the box a little more and made me really stretch for my motivations, dreams, and goals. It was a very good experience.

Interview Questions
    • Name the most difficult situation you've ever been in and how did you adapt to fix it?   Answer Question
    • Here is a phone on the table. Can you sell me the phone?   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate which area I would run in Green Bay. Seniority rules in the matter, so for future applicants, just take that into consideration.

Painter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eau Claire, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eau Claire, WI

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at College Pro Painters in May 2009.

Applied online through Craig's List. Was contacted via e-mail and asked to call to schedule an interview. One-on-one interview in a local restaurant. Very relaxed. The Franchise Manager was very ambitious and intelligent, but paying employees became an issue a few months into working there. Bonuses paid for gathering clients committed to a free estimate of service. $20 cash on the spot for each lead, which was nice. Downside was that we were required to search for leads after working a full day, which was very tiring.

Interview Questions
    • What time is your first class?   View Answer
    • Are you able to perform physically-demanding work?   View Answer
    I was not able to negotiate. Although my team was given a raise as we were the best team our Franchise Manager had at the time, and he wanted to reward/retain all of us.