College Summit

3.2

Project and Systems Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at College Summit in February 2011.

Was contacted for a quick phone interview with a HR representative. Then asked to come in to have a group interview with Hiring Manager and 6 others of the team. A week and a half later called and asked to come in and interview with the VP, and one more discussion with the Hiring Manager. From all the signals I was getting from them, I foolishly thought that they really liked me and wanted to hire me, but didn't get a job offer.

HR representative was so hard to get a hold of and took days to return my phone. He also called me at very random times (like 7pm, or on a Saturday) to ask me to come in for an interview.

The panel group was a good interview with very thoughtful questions.

The organization seemed like a really fun group of passionate people. You could get a good sense of that from visiting the office and meeting with the staff.

School Partnership Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dunbar, WV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dunbar, WV

The process took a dayinterviewed at College Summit in June 2010.

They asked for a resume, then conducted a phone interview. The interview was pretty straightforward, as the went through my resume and asked for strengths and weaknesses in each position I held that was listed on my resume. After that very basic questions followed: my future, what I expect in a job, interests, etc.

Interview Questions
    • What are your strengths working for SRI.   View Answer

Community Engagement Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at College Summit in March 2008.

I went through several interviews and they were lengthy. They were very thorough and serious about what they wanted.

Interview Questions
    • How will you handle walking into a school with a student population who doesn't look like you?   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate. I accepted the first offer. Negotiation isn't and wasn't something I am comfortable with.

Student Partnership Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at College Summit.

The overall process took almost two months. I went to two interviews where I met and interacted with the entire team through lunch meetings. After the second meeting, I was informed by the executive director that I would be receiving an offer letter. We discussed a possible timetable for a start date and I felt that I had the job.

A week later, I was asked to come in for the "formal" interview which took almost two hours. There were more than 40 questions that were asked at a time by the executive director and each team member conducts separate interviews. The team members focus on areas like organization, teamwork and communication.

Two weeks later, I was told I didn't get the position because of funding cuts. However, found out later that they had instead hired another candidate and announced it via social media. I wish they had been more upfront and not as misleading while I interviewed and waited to hear from them.

Interview Questions
    • You have a bouquet of flowers. One of the flowers is a rose. Another is a tulip. The other flower is a daisy. How many flowers do you have?   View Answer