College Summit

Relevance Date Difficulty

Community Engagement Coordinator Interview

Community Engagement Coordinator
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at College Summit in March 2008.

Interview Details – I went through several interviews and they were lengthy. They were very thorough and serious about what they wanted.

Interview Question – How will you handle walking into a school with a student population who doesn't look like you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate. I accepted the first offer. Negotiation isn't and wasn't something I am comfortable with.

Project and Systems Coordinator Interview

Project and Systems Coordinator
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at College Summit in February 2011.

Interview Details – Was contacted for a quick phone interview with a HR representative. Then asked to come in to have a group interview with Hiring Manager and 6 others of the team. A week and a half later called and asked to come in and interview with the VP, and one more discussion with the Hiring Manager. From all the signals I was getting from them, I foolishly thought that they really liked me and wanted to hire me, but didn't get a job offer.

HR representative was so hard to get a hold of and took days to return my phone. He also called me at very random times (like 7pm, or on a Saturday) to ask me to come in for an interview.

The panel group was a good interview with very thoughtful questions.

The organization seemed like a really fun group of passionate people. You could get a good sense of that from visiting the office and meeting with the staff.

Interview Question – Which Superhero best represents you and why?   Answer Question

School Partnership Manager Interview

School Partnership Manager
Dunbar, WV

The process took a day - interviewed at College Summit in June 2010.

Interview Details – They asked for a resume, then conducted a phone interview. The interview was pretty straightforward, as the went through my resume and asked for strengths and weaknesses in each position I held that was listed on my resume. After that very basic questions followed: my future, what I expect in a job, interests, etc.

Interview Question – What are your strengths working for SRI.   View Answer

Student Partnership Manager Interview

Student Partnership Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at College Summit.

Interview Details – The overall process took almost two months. I went to two interviews where I met and interacted with the entire team through lunch meetings. After the second meeting, I was informed by the executive director that I would be receiving an offer letter. We discussed a possible timetable for a start date and I felt that I had the job.

A week later, I was asked to come in for the "formal" interview which took almost two hours. There were more than 40 questions that were asked at a time by the executive director and each team member conducts separate interviews. The team members focus on areas like organization, teamwork and communication.

Two weeks later, I was told I didn't get the position because of funding cuts. However, found out later that they had instead hired another candidate and announced it via social media. I wish they had been more upfront and not as misleading while I interviewed and waited to hear from them.

Interview Question – You have a bouquet of flowers. One of the flowers is a rose. Another is a tulip. The other flower is a daisy. How many flowers do you have?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for College Summit? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at College Summit interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by College Summit employees and interview candidates.