College Works Painting Branch Manager Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2015

3.4

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at College Works Painting.

Interview

You will go through a reverse interview where you can ask questions and get all the info you need. You are still being evaluated of course during this whole step so be your best. With any interview, your goal is to rock the interview and get the offer even if you're not 100% sure if it's the right fit yet. Especially with internships, you never know which internship turns out to be the right fit.

Interview Questions

• What three words describe you the best? Now, give a recent example that showcase each word.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for College Works Painting

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at College Works Painting.

Interview

The interview process was very solid, it challenged me all the way through the process. The District Manager was there to help me along the way of the interview process. After meeting with them, they helped me prep for my next interview where I met with the VP. The VP, Tom was very down to earth, and it was a rewarding experience to meet with him. They definitely did not sugar coat the program, they made sure that they let me know it was made for students that want to do more than the average internship. The best part was talking to alumni, having the opportunity to see where the alumni are today and how the program helped their career goals.

Interview Questions

• Everyone says they are motivated, why are you the type of person that can stay motivated.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at College Works Painting (Long Beach, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

phone call, very basic, they called me and tried to get me into their company and tried so hard even though i was kind of skeptical. They did a phone call, then they did a web cam interview , and finally i met with the regional vice president at a starbucks in our school ( very informal). AND like i said, they tried to get me into it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how would you decrease cost and make more profit.   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at College Works Painting in December 2012.

Interview

Signed a slip of paper that was passed out in a big lecture hall. got a group interview, the paper only mentioned internship and never anything about painting. So a little deceiving
     After the group interview the interviewer talked to me afterwards one on one after everyone left. Then I met with someone over the internet. Then I got a one on one meeting with the VP in a Tully's near campus. Got hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• How do I know you can handle this, doing something you've never done before.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations available

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corvallis, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at College Works Painting (Corvallis, OR) in November 2012.

Interview

3 one on one interviews as well as several confirmation calls.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't really anything to negotiate because you are basically running your own company with their help.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flagstaff, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at College Works Painting (Flagstaff, AZ) in October 2012.

Interview

I got a random call from someone with College Works Painting because my resume was on my university's resume database. The interview process included an information session, a formal meeting, and a final interview. The information session was an opportunity for me to get some information about the program to see if I was interested in it. I was interested in it and was invited to a formal meeting. The formal meeting was a reverse interview setting and I got to ask Austin O'Donnell any questions I wanted to about the program. He was very honest with me and answered everything directly. After the formal meeting I was given a phone list with past interns. I was able to call through the list and talked to interns who were successful, average, and below average. I liked that because I was able to see how people got their results. I talked to Austin again after I called through the phone list and he set me up for a final interview. The final interview was great to experience because I was challenged on my work history and my character which I feel like prepared me for future interviews.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult situation during the interview process occurred during the final interview. I had been very successful thus far in my life and Austin said he thought once I struggled at something I would quit. It wasn't really a question but I was able to respond to him.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stony Brook, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at College Works Painting (Stony Brook, NY) in September 2012.

Interview

The hiring process was fairly simple. At first it was just an information session where i was introduced to the internship offered. From here i went into a one on one interview with the vice president of the company. He was very easy going and the interview process was enjoyable.

Interview Questions

• The biggest thing to prepare is your experience and why you would like to do the internship.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at College Works Painting (Columbus, OH) in February 2012.

Interview

recruitment in classes, group interview, 1:1 interview, phone interview, final interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Storrs Mansfield, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at College Works Painting (Storrs Mansfield, CT) in February 2012.

Interview

1. Information Session: gives you general information about the program
    2. Reverse Interview: You are able to talk to a VP or other successful person in the program to ask questions about the position
    3. Research: You can call past interns to ask about their experiences with the program
    4. Phone Interview: A quick interview over the phone to gauge your knowledge about the program and see if you qualify for a real interview
    5. Formal Interview: Typical job interview-- first time they're really seeing if you're good for the program. You get hired/rejected here

Interview Questions

• A lot of basic interview questions. The hardest questions are in the formal interview when they ask hypothetical questions about being on the job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at College Works Painting (Madison, WI) in September 2011.

Interview

Comprehensive, four step process that begins with an "informational" meeting with a District Manager. Made up of three or four students, weeded down to one or two that are sent to the next step.
    The second step consists of a "reverse interview" with the VP. You ask him some questions, and then he asks you some questions, while explaining the internship more in depth than at the initial meeting.
    The third step is a short phone interview, professing three reasons why you would be the best man or woman for the job. Seemed like a basic check-up to make sure you were ready for the fourth step.
    The fourth and final step is a interview with the president of the company. This interview is very high-stakes, high-anxiety and high-pressure. They will grill you to make sure you will work hard, not give up in the face of adversity, etc.

Interview Questions

• If something is lacking on your resume in marketing, communication, management, etc., they will attack that to see if you can stand your ground   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-negotiable