College Works Painting Branch Manager Interview Questions

3.5

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at College Works Painting in February 2011.

3 step interview process. Interview over the phone, Interview in person, then and interview with the president at some coffee shop. You are hired but not really given the details of the job, which is door to door sales.

Interview Questions
No negotiation. Crap hourly pay plus commission but it all depends on luck with a tiny bit of sales skill.

Other Interview Reviews for College Works Painting

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at College Works Painting in October 2009.

Consisted of two in-person interviews and one short phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • At the last interview I was expected to know a lot of the many duties and responsibilities that I would be getting involved with. Seemed it was to ensure I really understood what I would be doing and what would be expected of me.   View Answer
    There isn't really much room for negotiation, the company is already spending a lot of money on the interns to train them and provide the equipment.

Branch Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at College Works Painting.

The interview process was very solid, it challenged me all the way through the process. The District Manager was there to help me along the way of the interview process. After meeting with them, they helped me prep for my next interview where I met with the VP. The VP, Tom was very down to earth, and it was a rewarding experience to meet with him. They definitely did not sugar coat the program, they made sure that they let me know it was made for students that want to do more than the average internship. The best part was talking to alumni, having the opportunity to see where the alumni are today and how the program helped their career goals.

Interview Questions
    • Everyone says they are motivated, why are you the type of person that can stay motivated.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Flagstaff, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flagstaff, AZ

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at College Works Painting in October 2012.

I got a random call from someone with College Works Painting because my resume was on my university's resume database. The interview process included an information session, a formal meeting, and a final interview. The information session was an opportunity for me to get some information about the program to see if I was interested in it. I was interested in it and was invited to a formal meeting. The formal meeting was a reverse interview setting and I got to ask Austin O'Donnell any questions I wanted to about the program. He was very honest with me and answered everything directly. After the formal meeting I was given a phone list with past interns. I was able to call through the list and talked to interns who were successful, average, and below average. I liked that because I was able to see how people got their results. I talked to Austin again after I called through the phone list and he set me up for a final interview. The final interview was great to experience because I was challenged on my work history and my character which I feel like prepared me for future interviews.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult situation during the interview process occurred during the final interview. I had been very successful thus far in my life and Austin said he thought once I struggled at something I would quit. It wasn't really a question but I was able to respond to him.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Stony Brook, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stony Brook, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at College Works Painting in September 2012.

The hiring process was fairly simple. At first it was just an information session where i was introduced to the internship offered. From here i went into a one on one interview with the vice president of the company. He was very easy going and the interview process was enjoyable.

Interview Questions
    • The biggest thing to prepare is your experience and why you would like to do the internship.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Corvallis, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corvallis, OR

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at College Works Painting in November 2012.

3 one on one interviews as well as several confirmation calls.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't really anything to negotiate because you are basically running your own company with their help.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Amherst, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amherst, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at College Works Painting in September 2009.

They did a 30 sec talk in my class. I then went to an info session on campus with a few other students. Afterward the District Manager asked me some questions about my experience and set me up for a Reverse Interview with a Vice President. After the reverse interview I had a 15 minute phone interview, and then a final interview with the Vice President in person.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me what was the most stressful situation I had been through in my life and how did I handle it.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation, all the interns get paid the same as far as I know.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Storrs Mansfield, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Storrs Mansfield, CT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at College Works Painting in February 2012.

1. Information Session: gives you general information about the program
    2. Reverse Interview: You are able to talk to a VP or other successful person in the program to ask questions about the position
    3. Research: You can call past interns to ask about their experiences with the program
    4. Phone Interview: A quick interview over the phone to gauge your knowledge about the program and see if you qualify for a real interview
    5. Formal Interview: Typical job interview-- first time they're really seeing if you're good for the program. You get hired/rejected here

Interview Questions
    • A lot of basic interview questions. The hardest questions are in the formal interview when they ask hypothetical questions about being on the job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ashland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashland, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at College Works Painting in February 2009.

Information Session with a district manager, first interview with either a Vice President or General Manager, research phase to call previous Branch Managers, phone interview with the person you first interviewed with, final interview with a Vice President.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at College Works Painting in February 2011.

go through a couple interviews (phone and in person) to be "chosen". At the conclusion of your last interview, one of the "presidents" will act like he's on the phone with his partner and making a tough decision whether or not to let you work for them.. if you can talk, you'll get the job. simple.

Interview Questions
    • They'll say they're looking for a superstar; then ask you why you're one.   Answer Question

Worked for College Works Painting? Contribute to the Community!