College Works Painting Branch Manager Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

3.3

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at College Works Painting.

Interview

Very intense process with multiple levels. First there's an initial group interview. Then if they like you after that, there is a 1 on 1 interview. They give you a list of alumni to call to see how their experience was. Then you have a final interview with the VP.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you faced a challenging situation and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for College Works Painting

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at College Works Painting.

Interview

You will go through a reverse interview where you can ask questions and get all the info you need. You are still being evaluated of course during this whole step so be your best. With any interview, your goal is to rock the interview and get the offer even if you're not 100% sure if it's the right fit yet. Especially with internships, you never know which internship turns out to be the right fit.

Interview Questions

• What three words describe you the best? Now, give a recent example that showcase each word.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at College Works Painting (Silver Spring, MD) in February 2014.

Interview

There was a quick phone screen and then several 1:1 interviews. A recruiter first called me with a very vague "Do you want to make money this summer?" kind of start to the conversation and barely told me what the company was. Later on as the recruiter talks to you one on one, he or she slowly reveals more about the company, describing the many benefits that are offered. For example, one of the benefits of selling over $60,000 in work is a trip to cancun. The average intern makes $10,000 over the span of the summer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrence, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at College Works Painting (Lawrence, KS) in December 2013.

Interview

1.) Group interview where you get an overview of the company. 2.) Interview with same person if you are chosen from the group. 3.) Phone interview with past interns. 4.) Reverse interview with District Manager 5.) Interview with Vice President.

Interview Questions

• How do you expect to be able to handle such an intense internship?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Application

Interview

The interview process was very solid, it challenged me all the way through the process. The District Manager was there to help me along the way of the interview process. After meeting with them, they helped me prep for my next interview where I met with the VP. The VP, Tom was very down to earth, and it was a rewarding experience to meet with him. They definitely did not sugar coat the program, they made sure that they let me know it was made for students that want to do more than the average internship. The best part was talking to alumni, having the opportunity to see where the alumni are today and how the program helped their career goals.

Interview Questions

• Everyone says they are motivated, why are you the type of person that can stay motivated.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at College Works Painting (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

There was a phone interview which was used to discuss my interest in joining the company, the second interview was an in-person interview with the vice president to discuss pay and how the company operated. It was also an opportunity for me to ask questions I had about the company.

Interview Questions

• What do you hope to accomplish by working here?   Answer Question
    • Upon completion of this program what do you plan on doing with your career?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at College Works Painting (Long Beach, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

phone call, very basic, they called me and tried to get me into their company and tried so hard even though i was kind of skeptical. They did a phone call, then they did a web cam interview , and finally i met with the regional vice president at a starbucks in our school ( very informal). AND like i said, they tried to get me into it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how would you decrease cost and make more profit.   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at College Works Painting in December 2012.

Interview

Signed a slip of paper that was passed out in a big lecture hall. got a group interview, the paper only mentioned internship and never anything about painting. So a little deceiving After the group interview the interviewer talked to me afterwards one on one after everyone left. Then I met with someone over the internet. Then I got a one on one meeting with the VP in a Tully's near campus. Got hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• How do I know you can handle this, doing something you've never done before.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations available

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corvallis, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at College Works Painting (Corvallis, OR) in November 2012.

Interview

3 one on one interviews as well as several confirmation calls.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't really anything to negotiate because you are basically running your own company with their help.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flagstaff, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at College Works Painting (Flagstaff, AZ) in October 2012.

Interview

I got a random call from someone with College Works Painting because my resume was on my university's resume database. The interview process included an information session, a formal meeting, and a final interview. The information session was an opportunity for me to get some information about the program to see if I was interested in it. I was interested in it and was invited to a formal meeting. The formal meeting was a reverse interview setting and I got to ask Austin O'Donnell any questions I wanted to about the program. He was very honest with me and answered everything directly. After the formal meeting I was given a phone list with past interns. I was able to call through the list and talked to interns who were successful, average, and below average. I liked that because I was able to see how people got their results. I talked to Austin again after I called through the phone list and he set me up for a final interview. The final interview was great to experience because I was challenged on my work history and my character which I feel like prepared me for future interviews.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult situation during the interview process occurred during the final interview. I had been very successful thus far in my life and Austin said he thought once I struggled at something I would quit. It wasn't really a question but I was able to respond to him.   1 Answer