College Works Painting

15 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at College Works Painting in February 2011.

Interview Details – 3 step interview process. Interview over the phone, Interview in person, then and interview with the president at some coffee shop. You are hired but not really given the details of the job, which is door to door sales.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Crap hourly pay plus commission but it all depends on luck with a tiny bit of sales skill.

Very Difficult Interview

Columbus, OH

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at College Works Painting in October 2009.

Interview Details – Consisted of two in-person interviews and one short phone interview.

Interview Question – At the last interview I was expected to know a lot of the many duties and responsibilities that I would be getting involved with. Seemed it was to ensure I really understood what I would be doing and what would be expected of me.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There isn't really much room for negotiation, the company is already spending a lot of money on the interns to train them and provide the equipment.

Branch Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at College Works Painting.

Interview Details – The interview process was very solid, it challenged me all the way through the process. The District Manager was there to help me along the way of the interview process. After meeting with them, they helped me prep for my next interview where I met with the VP. The VP, Tom was very down to earth, and it was a rewarding experience to meet with him. They definitely did not sugar coat the program, they made sure that they let me know it was made for students that want to do more than the average internship. The best part was talking to alumni, having the opportunity to see where the alumni are today and how the program helped their career goals.

Interview Question – Everyone says they are motivated, why are you the type of person that can stay motivated.   Answer Question

Flagstaff, AZ

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at College Works Painting in October 2012.

Interview Details – I got a random call from someone with College Works Painting because my resume was on my university's resume database. The interview process included an information session, a formal meeting, and a final interview. The information session was an opportunity for me to get some information about the program to see if I was interested in it. I was interested in it and was invited to a formal meeting. The formal meeting was a reverse interview setting and I got to ask Austin O'Donnell any questions I wanted to about the program. He was very honest with me and answered everything directly. After the formal meeting I was given a phone list with past interns. I was able to call through the list and talked to interns who were successful, average, and below average. I liked that because I was able to see how people got their results. I talked to Austin again after I called through the phone list and he set me up for a final interview. The final interview was great to experience because I was challenged on my work history and my character which I feel like prepared me for future interviews.

Interview Question – The most difficult situation during the interview process occurred during the final interview. I had been very successful thus far in my life and Austin said he thought once I struggled at something I would quit. It wasn't really a question but I was able to respond to him.   View Answer

Stony Brook, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at College Works Painting in September 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring process was fairly simple. At first it was just an information session where i was introduced to the internship offered. From here i went into a one on one interview with the vice president of the company. He was very easy going and the interview process was enjoyable.

Interview Question – The biggest thing to prepare is your experience and why you would like to do the internship.   Answer Question

Corvallis, OR

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at College Works Painting in November 2012.

Interview Details – 3 one on one interviews as well as several confirmation calls.

Interview Question – idk   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't really anything to negotiate because you are basically running your own company with their help.

Amherst, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at College Works Painting in September 2009.

Interview Details – They did a 30 sec talk in my class. I then went to an info session on campus with a few other students. Afterward the District Manager asked me some questions about my experience and set me up for a Reverse Interview with a Vice President. After the reverse interview I had a 15 minute phone interview, and then a final interview with the Vice President in person.

Interview Question – They asked me what was the most stressful situation I had been through in my life and how did I handle it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, all the interns get paid the same as far as I know.

Storrs Mansfield, CT

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at College Works Painting in February 2012.

Interview Details – 1. Information Session: gives you general information about the program
2. Reverse Interview: You are able to talk to a VP or other successful person in the program to ask questions about the position
3. Research: You can call past interns to ask about their experiences with the program
4. Phone Interview: A quick interview over the phone to gauge your knowledge about the program and see if you qualify for a real interview
5. Formal Interview: Typical job interview-- first time they're really seeing if you're good for the program. You get hired/rejected here

Interview Question – A lot of basic interview questions. The hardest questions are in the formal interview when they ask hypothetical questions about being on the job.   Answer Question

Ashland, OR

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at College Works Painting in February 2009.

Interview Details – Information Session with a district manager, first interview with either a Vice President or General Manager, research phase to call previous Branch Managers, phone interview with the person you first interviewed with, final interview with a Vice President.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at College Works Painting in February 2011.

Interview Details – go through a couple interviews (phone and in person) to be "chosen". At the conclusion of your last interview, one of the "presidents" will act like he's on the phone with his partner and making a tough decision whether or not to let you work for them.. if you can talk, you'll get the job. simple.

Interview Question – They'll say they're looking for a superstar; then ask you why you're one.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at College Works Painting

Worked for College Works Painting? Contribute to the Community!