College Works Painting Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Cruz, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at College Works Painting (Santa Cruz, CA).

Interview

Three step Interview Process, one phone screen, two 1-on-1s. The phone screen interviewer was very nice just quizzed you about the things you knew about the company and your experience with management and people handling. The 1-on-1 interviewers were early and professionally dressed, though we met up at a cafe which was odd for a professional interview. They were generally really friendly though. Everyone was really out to help you get the job, they gave you guidelines and materials so that you can review them for the next step in the interview.

I got an offer on the spot at the last interview. It felt stressful but in the end they were trying to make clear of the duties required to succeed in the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you encountered difficulties with handling someone in a group or someone you were managing.   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at College Works Painting.

Interview

Three interviews. First one was a group of three where they kind of play you against the other two or three people. Next is a phone interview. Finally you a have an interview with a VP or someone higher up.

Interview Questions

Heard the internship was awful from multiple people that did it.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at College Works Painting.

Interview

A girl called me at 8 or so pm and asked me if I would like to know more about CWP and I said yes. She talked to me for a while and asked me questions then she booked an interview with the district manager.

Interview Questions

• The interview person was able to reduce the number of hours per week. Why was he able to do that? (Hint: it is not because of efficiency or experience)   1 Answer

Wasn't interested

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at College Works Painting.

Interview

You will go through a reverse interview where you can ask questions and get all the info you need. You are still being evaluated of course during this whole step so be your best. With any interview, your goal is to rock the interview and get the offer even if you're not 100% sure if it's the right fit yet. Especially with internships, you never know which internship turns out to be the right fit.

Interview Questions

• What three words describe you the best? Now, give a recent example that showcase each word.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Very friendly, but the first info session was a little vague. I didn't know what I was getting myself into, so it led me to pull out.

Interview Questions

It was not what I was looking for.

Management Interview

Interview

A district manager came into my class, gave out a little white piece of paper for us to all fill out with leadership experience, etc. Probably a month later I got a call where I was asked a couple basic questions about why I chose my major and things like that as well as to request that I come for an information session on campus. They basically try to make it seem really glamorous without telling you it's actually painting. I showed up and it was a group session with about 5 people including myself. We started off introducing ourselves with, where we were from, our major and our biggest accomplishment. Myself and a girl across the table were clearly dominated the conversation during that period and from there on out everyone else was virtually ignored besides us two. After some more explaining he thanked us and then dismissed the others. He asked the girl one more question then offered her a phone interview, then dismissed her. He then asked me a question and then offered me an in person interview, which I accepted. I went to this interview basically for practice since I knew I wasn't really interested. It was a reverse interview which went well. At the conclusion he offered me to go on to the next step but I declined.

Interview Questions

• He basically kept asking what I wanted to learn through this internship.   1 Answer

Wasn't interested

Anonymous Employee in Whitewater, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at College Works Painting (Whitewater, WI).

Interview

There are four interviews total. First is a group interview. Then an interview with your district manager. Then a phone interview which last about 10 minutes or so. Last, and most nerve racking, is the final interview with the vice president of the company

Interview Questions

• If you were to rate how well you think you will do in this internsnship with a scale of 1-10, one being the worst and 10 being the best, how well do you think you will do in this internship and why do you think you will achieve this rating?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at College Works Painting.

Interview

The company called me after I'd said I was interested in one of my college classes. They originally called me to gauge my interest, and later asked me for a time that would be best for an interview. On my first call, I asked if it would be a problem that I didn't have a car, and they told me there wouldn't be as long as I could get around. Unfortunately, the first question in my interview was whether or not I had a car, and I was immediately dismissed once I said I didn't. Overall, I'm pretty disappointed. Shows a lack of communication on the company's part.

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at College Works Painting (Madison, WI).

Interview

I filled out a sheet of paper in my class and was contacted a few weeks later with a phone call. This is the initial interview. They will ask you a few questions about yourself and then figure out a time when they would like to meet up next. The next two are on campus interviews with different students who have gone through the program. As long as you show that you're interested, motivated, and determined, you should have no trouble making it to the next round.

Interview Questions

• Questions were straight forward and easy. Just be ready to talk about your resume, give examples of how you exemplified certain skills, and show that you're motivated. You can be into anything and get this job.   Answer Question

Couldn't get the logistics figured out

Summer Management Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at College Works Painting.

Interview

They do their best to not tell you it is a summer painting job until you are sitting in front of them. Brief phone interview followed up by a group face-to-face interview and a final interview. Mostly just had to defend my resume and prove I was a team player with high achievement drive

Interview Questions

• What three accomplishments to you take the most pride in and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation was allowed. Must accept company terms.