College Works Painting Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at College Works Painting (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Pretty bizarre. Dude came into my political science class and handed out slips to people who wanted to take advantage of a "great opportunity." Never said what it was, but I filled the slip out. Got a call from Dude the next day and was asked a bunch of standard questions; "what's the key to being a good leader?" I was invited to a group interview a day or two later outside one of the coffee shops on campus. At this point none of us had any clue what the job was. Dude went through a whole spiel about how he was the company's leading intern last year and generated millions in sales. At that point he revealed the "great opportunity" was that of painting houses. It was there that I completely switched off. Throughout the rest of the interview he'd periodically dismiss someone and told them to call him at a set time later that day. Eventually myself and another guy were sent off, leaving Dude with the last guy in the group. He told me to give him a call at 4. I had no intention of painting houses but I thought he was nice enough to give the presentation so I'd return the favor and give him a call and let him know that I wasn't interested. I was nice too but you know what Dude's entire contribution to the conversation was? "Okay, later." And he hung up. This coming from "Mr. Top Intern." If he's a reflection on the company's professionalism then I obviously didn't miss much. I realize that they can't say the "great opportunity" is painting houses up front, otherwise no one would show up. They've gotta plant the seed and let it grow in you so you think it really IS a great opportunity. Either way, this guy...kinda rude.

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at College Works Painting.

Interview

Very intense process with multiple levels. First there's an initial group interview. Then if they like you after that, there is a 1 on 1 interview. They give you a list of alumni to call to see how their experience was. Then you have a final interview with the VP.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you faced a challenging situation and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Cruz, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at College Works Painting (Santa Cruz, CA).

Interview

Three step Interview Process, one phone screen, two 1-on-1s. The phone screen interviewer was very nice just quizzed you about the things you knew about the company and your experience with management and people handling. The 1-on-1 interviewers were early and professionally dressed, though we met up at a cafe which was odd for a professional interview. They were generally really friendly though. Everyone was really out to help you get the job, they gave you guidelines and materials so that you can review them for the next step in the interview. I got an offer on the spot at the last interview. It felt stressful but in the end they were trying to make clear of the duties required to succeed in the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you encountered difficulties with handling someone in a group or someone you were managing.   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at College Works Painting.

Interview

Three interviews. First one was a group of three where they kind of play you against the other two or three people. Next is a phone interview. Finally you a have an interview with a VP or someone higher up.

Interview Questions

Heard the internship was awful from multiple people that did it.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at College Works Painting.

Interview

A girl called me at 8 or so pm and asked me if I would like to know more about CWP and I said yes. She talked to me for a while and asked me questions then she booked an interview with the district manager.

Interview Questions

• The interview person was able to reduce the number of hours per week. Why was he able to do that? (Hint: it is not because of efficiency or experience)   1 Answer

Wasn't interested

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at College Works Painting.

Interview

You will go through a reverse interview where you can ask questions and get all the info you need. You are still being evaluated of course during this whole step so be your best. With any interview, your goal is to rock the interview and get the offer even if you're not 100% sure if it's the right fit yet. Especially with internships, you never know which internship turns out to be the right fit.

Interview Questions

• What three words describe you the best? Now, give a recent example that showcase each word.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Very friendly, but the first info session was a little vague. I didn't know what I was getting myself into, so it led me to pull out.

Interview Questions

It was not what I was looking for.

Management Interview

Interview

A district manager came into my class, gave out a little white piece of paper for us to all fill out with leadership experience, etc. Probably a month later I got a call where I was asked a couple basic questions about why I chose my major and things like that as well as to request that I come for an information session on campus. They basically try to make it seem really glamorous without telling you it's actually painting. I showed up and it was a group session with about 5 people including myself. We started off introducing ourselves with, where we were from, our major and our biggest accomplishment. Myself and a girl across the table were clearly dominated the conversation during that period and from there on out everyone else was virtually ignored besides us two. After some more explaining he thanked us and then dismissed the others. He asked the girl one more question then offered her a phone interview, then dismissed her. He then asked me a question and then offered me an in person interview, which I accepted. I went to this interview basically for practice since I knew I wasn't really interested. It was a reverse interview which went well. At the conclusion he offered me to go on to the next step but I declined.

Interview Questions

• He basically kept asking what I wanted to learn through this internship.   1 Answer

Wasn't interested

Anonymous Employee in Whitewater, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at College Works Painting (Whitewater, WI).

Interview

There are four interviews total. First is a group interview. Then an interview with your district manager. Then a phone interview which last about 10 minutes or so. Last, and most nerve racking, is the final interview with the vice president of the company

Interview Questions

• If you were to rate how well you think you will do in this internsnship with a scale of 1-10, one being the worst and 10 being the best, how well do you think you will do in this internship and why do you think you will achieve this rating?   Answer Question

Recruiter/Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at College Works Painting (Irvine, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

very deceiving. they tell you the job pays 13-15 an hour when in all reality is 10 plus bonuses and even then you dont come close to 15 an hour so off to a bad start

Interview Questions

• If I was "Money driven" which was a red flag   1 Answer