College of American Pathologists

Updated Feb 25, 2015

Finance Division Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northfield, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Northfield, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at College of American Pathologists.

Initial contact was voicemail left by a staffing specialist, who initially left my phone number as her call back number. I then had a phone interview with another staffing specialist. Woman was very pleasant, no difficult questions, gave a good indication of the culture, who would succeed, etc. She said she would follow up if the hiring manager wanted to bring me in for an in person interview.

I was called back within a couple weeks to schedule an in-person interview. I was told 1:30pm, arrived at 1:15pm, and no one came to get me until 1:45pm. Interview started with meeting with staffing specialist, then met with HR Business Partner for over an hour. Nice person. Very informative of the culture, training, expectations for managers and team members.

Next was interview with hiring manager. Met for over an hour. Gave good indication of expectations, why role was open, where team was headed.

I sent my thank you notes, received replies from two of the people I met with that I would hear from them "next month", and that I was "in the running for the position".

I saw the job be reposted several times across multiple job boards. I have yet to hear from them, despite the dreaded "you're in the running" comment. After a month I followed up with an email to see where they were in the process and I have not heard back from them. Obviously communication is not that important to them.

Finance Division Interview

I applied online – interviewed at College of American Pathologists.

Long, drawn out and tetious.
    I interviewed with like 8 people. Many of them asked me the same questions over and over again.
    The whole process took an entire day.
    I didn't hear back from them for months and I never really knew why.
    Once they made an offer, there was little negotiation on salary and they wanted me to start immediatly.

Consultant Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at College of American Pathologists.

Jerky and haphazard; unpredictable lapses in communication from their side

Interview Questions
    • We would like you to interpret our strategy for social media (but it kept changing)   Answer Question

The discussion took place over several months and it became apparent that they would not be ready to execute, so I broke off negotiation.

Senior Java Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at College of American Pathologists in June 2008.

Phone interview only. This was 6 yrs ago. Spoke with Manager and Lead. Decent questions, good disposition. They are in it for the work you can do for them. Good people. I got the job and I was happy to work for them.

This was a contract job.

Call Center Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at College of American Pathologists.

phone interview w/ recruiter, in-person interview with top HR executive, 3-person panel interview with managers of department

Interview Questions
    • How are you passionate about customer service, even if someone is yelling at you?   Answer Question

Strategy Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at College of American Pathologists in April 2012.

Phone screening and a subsequent phone interview with hiring manager.

Technology Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at College of American Pathologists in June 2008.

Brief phone interview...3 rounds of interviews. First I interviewed with some directors from other parts of the organization. Next on interviewed with some direct reports. Then peers and hiring manager.

Be prepared and flexible.