College of Lake County Interview Questions & Reviews in Grayslake, IL

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Career Recruiter and Other Positions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Grayslake, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grayslake, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at College of Lake County.

Apply online by suppling cover letter, resume, unofficial transcripts.

Phone screen - they tell you you have been selected for an interview, then HR gives you a topic for a powerpoint presentation that you must present at your interview. Some positions don't require this, but a few interviews I had with CLC do - it will state that on the job posting if it is needed.

Before the in person panel interview, I was given a vague topic that I had to present via HR - you will not have chance to ask questions to clarify what they mean because HR has no clue who is interviewing. It takes many hours to put the powerpoint together so you better have time to do this. They only tell you you can save it on a flash drive or disk. I always to well on PowerPoint presentations however, because I basically cut and paste nice looking graphics from CLC's website and that seems to impress them. But it is nerve wracking since you are not sure why they are asking you for that particular subject matter or what exactly they are looking for.

Before your fire suqad interview, you have to go into the HR dept and get all the info on benefits, etc etc and they give you papers even though they have not decided to hire you yet.

You are then walked into the room and interviewers give you the opportunity to either answer questions first or present your Ppt first. Each person takes a turn to ask the questions they have thought of their self I believe. I thought it was interesting that no direct manager or higher up who I would be reporting to was in my interview who I would be reporting to or even mentioned that who would be my supervisor.

Their policy for most interviews, from what I have been told on the job, is that you have to have at least 4 people sitting in the interview - some will be from entirely different departments you may never work with. I don't see the point in this policy, especially for certain positions that don't require this type of interviewing style like a part time clerk.

Then you get a call after interview rom HR to say it is between you and another person and then wait, and then if you are lucky get a phone call again from HR that you have been hired.

Not a fun interview and nerve wracking. I can see this type of firing squad interview for a Dean or some head honcho, but for a part time clerk or something of that nature is ridiculous to me.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation since the exact pay amount, to the penny, was given at job description online for applying.

Interviews for Top Jobs at College of Lake County

Worked for College of Lake County? Contribute to the Community!