College of Southern Nevada

College of Southern Nevada Interview Questions

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at College of Southern Nevada

Work Study for Disability Resource Center Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at College of Southern Nevada.

The interviewing process went very well, when I was employed there, I was interviewed by my direct boss who I later worked with everyday so it was very personal. This really helped during my future employment because my boss that I worked with was able to get a feel for the type of worker I was and what type of Supervisor she was.

Interview Questions
    • What is your biggest weakness when it comes to your work life?   Answer Question

Independent Contract Instructor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at College of Southern Nevada in December 2010.

Asked by the Task Force Coordinator to apply so I applied on-line, I was then interviewed one on one, then interviewed by a panel of staff. Following a successfult interview there was much regulatory paperwork to be completed since it was a college.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   View Answer
    Yes, I was able to receive $5 more per hour than what they paid the previous instructor.

Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at College of Southern Nevada.

I applied for this job in mid-August and heard absolutely not a word until early December. I did not even receive an automated email saying, "Thank you for your interest in CSN. We expect to notify candidates by such and such date, etc." I was surprised, because I felt I was a strong candidate for the position. However, suddenly in early December I was emailed to say I was a "finalist" and given a scheduled interview time. Other than that, the interview process was organized, efficient, and impressive. I had a panel interview with six current staff members, which included both supervisors and subordinates, a good balance of men and women, and a racially diverse panel (this matters to me!). I was very impressed that the admin assistant was included in the interview, so it seemed she had some say as to who her boss would be. Each staff member had a prepared question for me. I then had an interview with two Vice Presidents, who also had a prepared question. Follow up questions Everyone was friendly, responsive, and a reflective listener.

Interview Questions
    • There were a few questions regarding the use of metrics, which I know is a huge trend in both education and private business right now. However, sometimes I feel that perception data as well as employee or student engagement is largely discounted in favor of "easy to obtain short term stats" such as number of attendees, etc. It was hard to clearly express my views even though I knew this might be an unpopular opinion with leadership. Overall, I felt the interviews went well.   View Answer