CollegeAmerica

Very Easy Interview

Adjunct Professor Interview

Adjunct Professor
Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at CollegeAmerica in March 2010.

Interview Details – I had 1 interview with a former associate dean. She went over my CV and transcripts with me and asked about what I thought I was qualified to teach. She told me at the interview I was hired. I was then introduced to the dean and it was a relaxed conversation. They did a background check that took about 2 weeks to get back, even though they told me it would take about 3 days. There was absolutely no training. They told me when to show up for my class and I did. (They do have lots of training now, including shadowing another instructor for 2 days). They now ask potential instructors to actually teach a class to a hiring committee. This can be a bit intimidating, but it really is a good thing.

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much negotiation. They told me what I was going to get paid and I said "okay."

Worked for CollegeAmerica? Contribute to the Community!