Collette Vacations, Inc.

Collette Vacations, Inc. Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2014
Updated Aug 18, 2014

2.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at Collette Vacations, Inc.

Business Development Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Collette Vacations, Inc..

I was called in for an interview fairly quickly after submitting my resume. Upon arriving, I sat with an HR representative to discuss my general background and seemingly get a feel for me. After this light interview, I was brought into another room to conduct a second interview with my potential supervisor. There I was taken through the actual job requirements. I say actual, because the description on their website did not give the impression of a pure cold-calling position. I appreciated the honesty of the interviewer and he respected my disinterest in the position.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pawtucket, RI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pawtucket, RI

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Collette Vacations, Inc..

About a month after I applied, I received a call from the HR person to ask me why I was interested in the position and why I wanted to leave my current role at the company I work for. After talking for a few minutes, she said the position I applied for was filled but she would like to meet with me to discuss other opportunities. So we set a meeting for the following week. She was very kind to accommodate my current work schedule.

There were only about three visitor parking spots and parking was a nightmare. I had to park on the street when I got there. I had to call when I got there, and wait outside to be let on. This was fine, but we were in a serious cold spell and it was freezing. A very nice gentleman let me in after a few minutes outside and went down to remind the recruiter I was there. Very very nice. While I was waiting in the lobby, everyone yhatvwent by was really nice. Several people inquired if I was being helped, and they all seemed genuinely nice. It was nice to seem them laughing and talking after the day was done, too.

Speaking with the recruiter was helpful, she helped narrow down what I was looking for and what would be a good fit for me and my background. She was very nice and made the whole process less stressful. She said there may be a second opening for the position I applied for, and suggested I meet with the hiring manager.

About a week later I got a call from another hr person to set up an interview for the following week. Again, parking was even more horrible because I went during the day this time and had to park so far away. I went to a different building this time, as there are two buildings on the campus. Old mill buildings that are nicely renovated inside. This meeting only took about twenty minutes and there were just some basic questions about my background and work style. Not stressful at all, and she was very kind. As I was leaving, she told me I would hear from her soon. I felt optimistic. Five weeks went by, and I heard nothing, so I accepted I did not get the job. Then I got a call to meet with the supervisor. I meet with him two days later. He too was very nice and this interview was about an hour. He had two pages of questions , nothing too hard...strengths and weaknesses, how do I deal with conflict, why am I looking for a change, what's the best and worst part of my current role. Honestly, if you look at basic interview questions you'll be okay. I asked when I would hear, and I was told the end of the following week . Well here we are five weeks later and I still have not heard one way or the other. I am fine if I don't get the job , but a courtesy rejection letter would be nice, rather than just waiting. It's a position I really wanted, so i was hopeful I would get it, but this endless waiting is just too much. Everyone was really nice, but this process needs improvement! Going through this for months is unfair to the applicant.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult: strengths and weaknesses, how did you find out about the company, why do you want this position, what is your learning style.   Answer Question

Call Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pawtucket, RI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pawtucket, RI

I applied online - interviewed at Collette Vacations, Inc..

One recruiter handles all hiring for the company. Expect multiple interviews when you go, each one-on-one. Process wasn't very professional and I got the impression that the hiring manager hadn't prepared. HQ is an old building with a lot of charm, though it is slowly being renovated and some areas feel very outdated (ask to use the restroom and see for yourself). Parking is a bear so be sure to leave time to find a spot. DO NOT park in the spots that are reserved as they constantly monitor those and you will be embarrassed (emails go out pretty quick). Current employees seemed friendly, but there is no opportunity to job shadow and interviews did not involve a potential peer.

The interview itself is very basic and does not utilize behavioral interviewing techniques. If you are currently interviewing, this will be a nice break from intense "tell me about a time" interview sessions. They seem to go on "gut feel" more than the candidate's prior experience or ability to do the job. My third interviewer didn't ask any questions at all. There were very few questions that related to the actual role (how do you handle high phone volume, tell me about a time you had to deal with an upset customer - none of these). I found the answers to my questions to be honest and forthright so be sure to ask.

Interview Questions
    • What is your greatest strength? Greatest weakness?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at Collette? Why are you interested in travel?   View Answer
    Negotiate, negotiate, negotiate!! Do not take the first offer.

District Sales Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Collette Vacations, Inc. in May 2012.

Really I would classify this is a huge waste of time. I didn't even apply for the position I was contacted by a 3rd party recruiter, after spending two days with the recruiter contacting me regularly about the position I finally agreed to a telephone interview. I spent plenty of time doing industry specific research and research on the company the weekend prior to the interview. The interview was standard, however the HR Generalist and I had spoken on the phone the Friday prior to the interview and she specifically stated she would call me at 11:30AM the following Monday in which I explained that I was currently employed and would be on a strict time table to make the interview possible. She failed to call me at 11:30 and finally by 11:45 I called her realizing time was short and got a curt response of "oh I was just going to call you." The interview started with her asking if I had any questions, in which I asked industry specific questions then we went into my resume, answered all the questions about my previous work experience and the generalist didn't even give me a chance to close the interview, said she had another "interview" and would get back to the recruiter to let me know what the status was.

Contacted recruiter who declined to answer my calls, sent me an email that said the HR Generalist was not pleased with my previous work experience, when she had had my resume for 3 days and contacted me to schedule a phone interview.

Really dissapointed that the generalist obviously did not take any time to look over the resume to begin with and the poor disposition the recruiter (who had said he had worked with the company on a recruiting basis for 32 years) did prior to the interview to clarify if was even a good fit. Not professional to waste my time, especially when it was prenoted that I am currently employed and was only taking the time to interview as was requested by both the HR Generalist and the recruiter.

Probably for the best as after reading Glassdoor reviews not a very enticing work enviornment and after the interview process I can only imagine how professionally they treat their employees. Definitely would not recommend this company to any business partners friends or associates.

District Sales Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Collette Vacations, Inc. in January 2007.

Very professional, up front and honest about the amount of work

Interview Questions
    • What sales training do you do on your own to further your knowledge of the field?   View Answer
    • What would you do if a potential client won't return your calls or see you?   View Answer
    Negotiating is a must, showing your "skills" from the beginning earns your respect, on car allowance/salary/goals.

Worked for Collette Vacations, Inc.? Contribute to the Community!